Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Making a prediction on final record before the draft is folly. If the Vikings are SMART enough to draft Kalil with their pick, then, honestly, I think that is worth 1-3 more victories than going for something other than that (Blackmon? Claiborne?) Give Ponder the TIME he needs and he can make the throws. I hate stupid comparisons, BUT - the Patsies were able to win lots of games with nobodies at WR and time to throw the ball.

=Z=
    He cannot make all of the throws. Countless Ints when he had time and simply did not have the arm strength. However, I agree we need to address the line.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Well lest you forget we did get to the NFC championship game and were one play away from the Super Bowl. I grant you they were not the greatest line in history, but they were playing well enough to get us there having worked together for a couple of years.
    We did make it to the 2009 Championship game, but was that because of the OL or because of the QB? I think more of the latter with a few bright moments by the OL that gave up 37 sacks that year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I get that. But it's hard to tell if Ponder is capable when he's running for his life.

=Z=
    And that differs from the past 3 QB's how?

It amazes me how many people feel our OL played great for for Frerotte, Jackson & Favre in 2009 & didn't start sucking until 2010 or until Ponder stepped behind center.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Lets check the roster.
    Qb controversy brewing? Check
    RB with a shred knee? Check
    Below average Fbs? Check
    Skeleton WR corp? Check
    Swiss Cheese oline? Check
    Turnstiles at DTs? Check
    Rotation at LB? Check
    Unsafe Safeties? Check

How the hell are we winning 2 games?
    Ponder will have to rely on the other teams missing FG's again.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    And that differs from the past 3 QB's how?

It amazes me how many people feel our OL played great for for Frerotte, Jackson & Favre in 2009 & didn't start sucking until 2010 or until Ponder stepped behind center.
    Did I say that or even imply that? I wrote only of last year, nothing else.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He cannot make all of the throws. Countless Ints when he had time and simply did not have the arm strength. However, I agree we need to address the line.

Enough said.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We did make it to the 2009 Championship game, but was that because of the OL or because of the QB? I think more of the latter with a few bright moments by the OL that gave up 37 sacks that year.
    It was def. the Qb, no matter how many ppl hate Favre.. He made the line look a lot better than it was bc he got rid of the ball so fast...

Line has been an issue for a very long time.... Just look at how many times AD gets hit behind the LOS each game or how many sacks we give up... answers to both? A LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    It was def. the Qb, no matter how many ppl hate Favre.. He made the line look a lot better than it was bc he got rid of the ball so fast...

Line has been an issue for a very long time.... Just look at how many times AD gets hit behind the LOS each game or how many sacks we give up... answers to both? A LOT!

Very good points which I agree with.

The good news is we can't lose more than 16 games the entire season!
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Very good points which I agree with.

The good news is we can't lose more than 16 games the entire season!
    The year we had a Qb that could throw the ball, both things werent issues. In the NFL if you cant pass, your RB will get killed.

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    I feel like we'll improve from last year but not by much, so I'm going to predict 7-9 (and that's being generous). I really don't see why a lot of people are throwing Ponder under the bus considering he had no full off-season to work with the rest of the team and he was getting killed by opposing defenses due to a very sub par offensive line. Drafting Kalil will hopefully keep this kid from getting killed and give him some time to throw, and that alone should in my opinion equate to at least a few more wins this year. Need some help at WR so hopefully we take Jeffery, Hill or maybe Rueben Randle with our 2nd round pick who can actually catch what is thrown to him and not be afraid to get hit after the catch like a wus. Our downside this upcoming year and our biggest question mark is how are we going to get better on defense so Rodgers, Stafford and Cutler don't throw for over 300 yards against us every time we play them. I feel that the Vikings' front office won't address defensive help until later rounds in the draft hoping to find a "diamond in the rough" and we'll end up taking some players who just won't pan out or be just downright awful. Hence, we miss the playoffs.

Just my prediction...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast