Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    5-11... and I think that's being optimistic.

We were in close games last season and our offense wasn't too bad, but I just don't see us making many improvements in the offseason to make me believe we'll see that much of a change. The 5-11 guess is just optimistic thinking that some of those close games will swing our way next season.

Fire Spielman
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I could see 6-10.
    Might be wishful thinking, but the last place schedule should help us a little.The coaching staff should improve,(hopefully), and the team will have a complete offseason to work together. Kalil at LT, CJ at LG along with Sully having another year under his belt, will drastically improve our line. We should be able to pick up either a good WR or CB with our second pick. It is not going to be a 1 yr rebuild.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I have us at 4-12 unless we see some injuries to QB's in our division and we stay healthy. If we draft a LT and try to get by with Cb and WR picks in the 2-4 rounds they will be largely ineffective this year and even with an upgrade at LT if ponder has no WR upgrades at WR we are going to continue to see 8-9 man fronts and the offense will look terrible.
    leaving the defense with no NFL ready CB's or DT's is going to mean we will actually be worse than we were last year when we ranked 32nd in passing defense. It won't be good.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I have us at 4-12 unless we see some injuries to QB's in our division and we stay healthy. If we draft a LT and try to get by with Cb and WR picks in the 2-4 rounds they will be largely ineffective this year and even with an upgrade at LT if ponder has no WR upgrades at WR we are going to continue to see 8-9 man fronts and the offense will look terrible.
    leaving the defense with no NFL ready CB's or DT's is going to mean we will actually be worse than we were last year when we ranked 32nd in passing defense. It won't be good.
    I love how you have no faith in Ponder.

Now I understand your hate for drafting LT with the 3rd pick.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    My prediction as always is 16-0.

I dont see us doing as badly as some others may think.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    I think we go 7-9 this year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux! View Post
    My prediction as always is 16-0.

I dont see us doing as badly as some others may think.
    You do know the difference between a prediction & a wish don't you?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Maybe 4 or 5 wins. We still don't know how well (or badly) Spielman does in the draft. If he does well, I still see at least a 2 or 3 year rebuild. A key trade, a couple decent FA signings,(as opposed to a big splash) and good drafts will build toward long-term success, instead of 2 good years and then 4 or 5 bad ones.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I love how you have no faith in Ponder.
    I don't think its a lack in faith in Ponder. Its more that our line sucks when it comes to pass protection. The greatest QB in the world will suck if he has no protection. Maybe the new line will pull it together right off the bat but usually it takes a couple of years or more of playing together as a line to be effective. I just hope Ponder doesn't get hurt before he has a chance to show what he can do.

WWBGD

4-12 seems about right. I don't think we do much better than that. I can see us losing all of our division games, and we might scrape out a couple of road wins. Draft is HUGE this year and I am not a big fan of Spielman or his prognosticating skills.

Our running game won't be as good as it was, and our line isn't going to help matters. Kalil may help, but he's a rookie and doubt he makes a huge difference his first year. Ponder will have very little time again I fear which could lead to more stupid mistakes...
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast