Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharperimage View Post
    10-6 - wildcard

our schedule is e-z our shed is very very favorable and i think we can pull out 10 games if we get 2 wrs in the draft, and peterson comes back at full strength
    you all laughed at me.. Muahahahahaha you all laughed at me!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    LOL. Well at least you entered the draft with an open mind toward Spielman. (Explains some of our other conversations a bit... )
    I entered the draft with the mindset based on what Spielman has done in the past. He did well in the draft & glad he proved my prediction wrong, rather than right. 1 better than average draft does not make a career by any stretch of the means & a GM needs to be judged by his body of work as a whole, not just the draft. People forget that and look solely at the draft.

The same can't be said about my FA prediction, which you seemed to have left off.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Isn't it fun to pull up prediction threads?
    I noticed you didn't pull up last years predictions.

1 Sun, Sep 11 @San Diego - Team starts slow. I'm hoping our team doesn't this year. Win

2 Sun, Sep 18 vs Tampa Bay - Tough one. Will they continue to get better? My guess is yes, but they really didn't do a lot to improve the team except stay with what they had. Gonna go Loss.

3 Sun, Sep 25 vs Detroit - Win. QB will probably be down by then. The loss of the RB in camp will slow their running game which will allow teams to continually tea off on a shacky QB. Win

4 Sun, Oct 2 @ Kansas City - Tough one. Mostly cause I haven't looked at what KC has done in the offseason. I'm gonna say Win.

5 Sun, Oct 9 vs Arizona - Another one that could go either way. Gonna go Win.

6 Sun, Oct 16 @ Chicago - I'm not sure I like what they did by bringing in a big WR. That cat did great the last time he and Martz were together. I'm still not sure they've done enough to fix that OL though. Win

7 Sun, Oct 23 vs Green Bay - Loss

8 Sun, Oct 30 @ Carolina - Winn

9 BYE WEEK
    10 Mon, Nov 14 @ Green Bay - We won't lose both games to the PUKERS. I'm just not gonna let it happen. Win

11 Sun, Nov 20 vs Oakland - This team improved last year even though most didn't see it. Not sure if it will be enough though. Win

12 Sun, Nov 27 @ Atlanta - To many weapons even for a much improved defense under coach Pagac. Loss

13 Sun, Dec 4 vs Denver - Win

14 Sun, Dec 11 @ Detroit - Win

15 Sun, Dec 18 vs New Orleans - Loved what they did improving their Defense especially in the middle of the line. Loss

16 Sat, Dec 24 @ Washington - What a mess. I just sit back and giggle at all the Deadskin fans down here. Win

17 Sun, Jan 1 vs Chicago - We need a win. We get it. Win

What is that 12 and 4? Gonna go with 2 upsets in here and say 10 and 6 or possibly 11 and 5.

Rationale.

a. Defense. I think that coach Pagac will be the difference. Under his leadership the defense will keep us in games.

At somepoint, probably about week 2 or 3, Everson (who has been looking great in camp) will step in as the LDE in our base which will allow Rob to go back to situational snaps.

Griff at the RCB spot will give us that guy who can take away the teams best reciever like we saw him doing before he got hurt.

Husain and Tyrell will have good years because our DL will have a decent rotation finally.

b. Offense. This is a bit of a worry. Starts with the O-coord.

1. He isn't sure what scheme he wants to run and is now asking the players for advice (article out there saying he is going to get their input).

2. OL. Herrera being out and the lack of a solid LT will cause inconsistency on the OL. Good thing is Dnabb can move a bit and will help that unit out for the first 3 or 4 weeks until they get their act together. Don't get me wrong, it won't be a great act, but it will be about the same as last year. Middle of the league.

3. What I will give credit for is the scheme. I think Musgrove eventually pops his head out of his ass and he goes with what will win. Multiple TE sets and Dnabb doing what he does best. Dump it off to RB's.

Mix AD in on passes and runs, sprinkling in a bit of Toby to keep AD from working to death early, and I think this team will do better than most of you think even with Musgrove running the show. :lol:
    Fun!
    Last edited by singersp; 12-28-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharperimage View Post
    10-6 - wildcard

our schedule is e-z our shed is very very favorable and i think we can pull out 10 games if we get 2 wrs in the draft, and peterson comes back at full strength
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Well we did get those two WR's in the draft, even though they weren't much of a factor, but I never thought our schedule was anything close to e-z. I thought we had a tough schedule for the most part.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    10-6 - Wildcard

Our schedule is E-Z our shed is very very favorable and i think we can pull out 10 games IF we get 2 WRs in the draft, and peterson comes back at full strength

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I'll take what he's having bartender...
    I was with you on this one ibp. Sharper, I thought you were smoking crack. lol. Nice prediction.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    10-6 - Wildcard

Our schedule is E-Z our shed is very very favorable and i think we can pull out 10 games IF we get 2 WRs in the draft, and peterson comes back at full strength
    LOL, well done old friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I noticed you didn't pull up last years predictions.

Fun!
    What does that have to do with this years predictions?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Not me my friend. I was on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Our guys have played their tails off this year, proud of them!

However... Ponder and our WR corps still leave something to be desired. Took a record-breaking season from AD to maybe make the playoffs. It's just not realistic to depend on that type of performance.
    Agree on the Ponder WR aspect. Its a miracle we made the playoffs with a run orientate team, especially when you consider that its a "Passing" league....snicker.....

What does that have to do with this years predictions?
    Well since YOU DIDN'T even make a prediction in this thread, I thought I'd find one in which you did.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910