Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The whole conversation focused on Spielman and hid draft. What the hell drafts from 20 years ago had to do with that to have to be singled out for exclusion is a leap only you missed.
    Geez, I guess it had something to do with your post stating you hope 2012 is a turning point where we finally get productive starters outside of the first round.

It certainly doesn't take a leap, much less a step to see you clearly believe the Vikings haven't had much in getting productive starters outside of the first round.

Again, I simply posted past drafts to show what those picks were prior to 2012.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Look- If you are impressed with draft picks that either never start of end up on another roster after a few years then I have no way to debate that. I am not and could care less about that type of pick. If taking players that don't end up on our roster for an extended period of time is what you call success then that is your choice but it isn't what I am looking for.
    I'm not talking about players that haven't started. I'm talking about players we drafted that were good picks at the time, but for one reason or another aren't here anymore.

If taking players that end up on our roster for an extended period of time is what you call success & exactly what your looking for, then don't even bother looking at this years draft class or last year for that matter.

None of them have been here for an extended period of time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm not talking about players that haven't started. I'm talking about players we drafted that were good picks at the time, but for one reason or another aren't here anymore.

Name them

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Geez, I guess it had something to do with your post stating you hope 2012 is a turning point where we finally get productive starters outside of the first round.

It certainly doesn't take a leap, much less a step to see you clearly believe the Vikings haven't had much in getting productive starters outside of the first round.

Again, I simply posted past drafts to show what those picks were prior to 2012.
    Then stop overthinking things.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    A 3-13 finish should produce a pretty good draft. We will see how good it is in a few seasons.

2012 Draft... one to remember?

Love Smith
    None

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789