Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011 NFL Mock Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085180
    From the same link Skum provided above:

Jake Locker, 6-3/225

Summary: If Jimmy Clausen wasn't in this draft and I needed a quarterback, I wouldn't hesitate to take Jake Locker No. 1 overall. Locker could very well go No. 1 this year even with Clausen, but we’ll see. He is a highly unpolished prospect, but has shown the potential and intangibles to warrant a team believing he can develop. He will be a top-five pick. Don't be shocked if Al Davis or Daniel Snyder trades the farm for him.
    I think this guy better check up on Clausen. :laugh:
    Lockers grade was higher last year, he returned to school and has not played well this year.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

PPE brought up a good point.....

Currently here is were we stand:

1. Panthers 2-12 (Pitts/Atlanta)2-14
    2. Bengals 3-11 (Chargers/Balt)3-13
    3. Broncos 3-11 (Houston/Chargers)3-13
    4. Cards 4-10 (Dallas/49rs)4-12
    5. Bills 4-10 (Pats/Jets)4-12
    6. Lions 4-10 (Phins/Vikes)5-11
    7. Browns 5-9 (Balt/Pits)5-11
    8. Texans 5-9 (Denver/Jax)6-10
    9. Deadskins 5-9 (Jax/Jets)5-11
    10. Cowgirls 5-9 (Cards/Iggles) 6-10
    11. Vikings 5-9 (Iggles/Lions) 5-11
    12. 49rs 5-9 (Rams/Cards)6-10
    13. Seahawks 6-8 (Tampa/Rams) 6-10
    14. Rams 6-8 (49rs/Seachickens) 7-9
    15. Titans 6-8 (KC/Colts) 7-9

On pure speculations, I believe we will see the following:

1. Panthers 2-12 (Pitts/Atlanta)2-14 (Clausen-????)
    2. Bengals 3-11 (Chargers/Balt)3-13 (Palmer - done)
    3. Broncos 3-11 (Houston/Chargers)3-13 (Tebow/Orton-????)
    4. Cards 4-10 (Dallas/49rs)4-12 (???)
    5. Bills 4-10 (Pats/Jets)4-12 (Fitzpatrick-????)
    6. Lions 4-10 (Phins/Vikes)5-11 (Stafford)
    7. Browns 5-9 (Balt/Pits)5-11 (McCoy)
    8. Deadskins 5-9 (Jax/Jets)5-11 (????)
    9. Vikings 5-9 (Iggles/Lions) 5-11 (????)
    10. Texans 5-9 (Denver/Jax)6-10 (Schaub)
    11. Cowgirls 5-9 (Cards/Iggles) 6-10 (Romo)
    12. 49rs 5-9 (Rams/Cards)6-10 (?????)
    13. Seahawks 6-8 (Tampa/Rams) 6-10 (Whitehurst)
    14. Rams 6-8 (49rs/Seachickens) 7-9 (Bradford)
    15. Titans 6-8 (KC/Colts) 7-9 (VY??????)

1. The Panthers could stick with Clausen and give him a chance.
    2. The Bengals could stick with Palmer however, the consesus on thier fan sites is he is done and that a replacement needst to be taken.
    3. Can they resign Orton and give Tebow time or will the new staff opt to get thier own guy?
    4. Cards will take a QB or atleast try to trade for one.
    5. Is Fitz the man up there? They might opt to give him one more year.
    6. Unless they are concerned about Staffords health they won't go QB.
    7. Might be happy with McCoy.
    8. They will take a QB and let McNabb go.
    9. Left with the 4th best QB.

As I said in another thread we have 3 options:

1. We need all of the underclassmen to declare.
    2. We need to move up a slot or two (gonna take most of our picks)
    3. Hope that several teams let one slide a bit if we expect to get a "Franchise" QB out of this draft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1085201
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085180
    From the same link Skum provided above:

Jake Locker, 6-3/225

Summary: If Jimmy Clausen wasn't in this draft and I needed a quarterback, I wouldn't hesitate to take Jake Locker No. 1 overall. Locker could very well go No. 1 this year even with Clausen, but we’ll see. He is a highly unpolished prospect, but has shown the potential and intangibles to warrant a team believing he can develop. He will be a top-five pick. Don't be shocked if Al Davis or Daniel Snyder trades the farm for him.
    I think this guy better check up on Clausen. :laugh:
    Lockers grade was higher last year, he returned to school and has not played well this year.
    Thats what I thought. Again I failed in another attempt at humor.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1085194
    So far at 5-9, we are tied for 12th worst in the league

Other 5-9 teams: Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, San-Fran, Washington
    4-10: Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit
    3-11: Cincy, Denver
    2-12: Carolina

Carolina, Cincy and Denver likely have the top 3 spots locked up.

AZ plays Dallas and SF, I predict they beat SF finishing 5-11

BUF plays NE and NYJ, they lose out 4-12
    DET beats MIA, loses to Us 5-11
    Clevleand loses to BAL/PIT, 5-11
    Dallas plays AZ/PHI, finish 6-10
    Houston plays DEN/JAC Finish 6-10
    San Fran plays STL/AZ, I already predicted AZ wins this, STL does too, finish 5-11
    Washington plays JAC/NYG I think they lose out, finish 5-11

Car 2-14
    Cincy 3-13
    Denver 3-13
    BUF 4-12
    SF 5-11
    AZ 5-11
    Buf 5-11
    DET 5-11
    CLE 5-11
    WAS 5-11
    DAL 6-10
    MIN 6-10
    DEN 6-10
    TEN 6-10

Now, teams currently at 6-8 are: Seattle, STL, TEN
    Best case for us, STL loses to SEA, beats SF, finished 7-9
    SEA beats STL, loses to Tampa, finishes 7-9
    TEN plays KC and INDY, i think they lose both and finish 6-10, also tied with us. We hold tiebreakers of BUF, WAS and DAL, I'm not sure about DEN or TEN.

In this scenario, it's entirely possible we don't even pick top-10

Of course, this relies on us beating the Lions, which I think we will do. If we lose out, we're in with the 5-11 crowd and have a better shot at a good pick.
    Great post. Wish I would have waited a bit. Yours would have saved me some typing. :laugh:

Depends on tie breakers I have us in this group:

6. Lions 4-10 (Phins/Vikes)5-11 (Stafford)
    7. Browns 5-9 (Balt/Pits)5-11 (McCoy)
    8. Deadskins 5-9 (Jax/Jets)5-11 (????)
    9. Vikings 5-9 (Iggles/Lions) 5-11 (????)

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

That brings up the dilemma that we're facing in the final games of this season. With a banged up awful offensive line and Joe Webb in at Quarterback I don't see ANY way we beat the eagles and only a slight chance we beat the Lions. That leaves us with 12 as the lowest possible pick? (I haven't checked that out, just assuming). I'm never going to root against the Vikings and it pains me to say this, but it would do us a huge service in the draft to bomb those last two games and try to move ahead of one of the other 4 teams in the same general area as us who may be looking for a quarterback (San Fransisco, Washington, Arizona, Buffalo). If we can leap frog one or two of those teams, we're basically guaranteed a shot at Newton, Mallet, or Locker.

I'm willing to bet that Andrew Luck goes #1 overall to the Panthers barring some terrible workouts or his not declaring. Luck staying for his senior year would really bollocks up this whole draft and may even push the Panthers into going in another direction. For me, Luck is easily the best Quarterback prospect in this draft. He's very Matt Ryan-esque, with a strong arm, good leadership ability, good intangibles, and a strong frame. Has been savvy in all interviews I've seen and I think he has the mental makeup of a great quarterback. That said, the draft is a crapshoot and he's going to go to an awful team if he comes out. You never know.

I like Cam Newton as the second best Quarterback in the draft. I'm assuming he is 100% on coming out, especially if Auburn wins the title and with all of the issues surrounding his recruitment. Newton was CLEARLY the best player in all of college football this year. At many times, he took over games and looked like a man among boys. As a pro prospect, he's hit or miss to scouts. As bad as this sounds, people have concerns about him because he is a black, running quarterback. If you examine black players at the QB position, there is no real statistical difference between them and their white counterparts but that's a sociological story for another day. I think that Newton will be a great player in the NFL. Many overlook his throwing ability because he is that good in the run game. He's a leader as evidenced by this year and I assume he will have great workouts this year. I would love to have him on the Vikings.

Lastly, Locker and Mallet are toss-ups for me. Mallet definitely has the frame to succeed as a pro. He's a legit 6'7" and is most definitely a strong pocket passer.
    I'm not certain about Locker as a pro prospect. He was considered the consensus #1 overall pick preseason but had some atrocious games against solid competition and really didn't have that complete of a season. He's garnered a lot of Favre comparisons as of late because of his "gunslinger" mentality (meaning he throws a lot of touchdowns but also makes idiot decisions that leave you scratching your head). Locker is the one out of the 4 QB's that I could see slipping into the 2nd round after a bad workout.

So basically I like the QB's in that order.
    1. Luck
    2. Newton
    3. Mallet
    4. Locker
    And then some other decent prospects that will probably grade into the rest of the draft in Kellen Moore from Boise St, Christian Ponder from FSU, Ricky Stanzi from Iowa, and Blaine Gabbert from Mizzou.

Ohhhhhh how I love this kindof stuff. Keep it coming PPE, keep it coming.

Couple of comments/questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by "PurplePeopleEaters" #1085224
    That brings up the dilemma that we're facing in the final games of this season. With a banged up awful offensive line and Joe Webb in at Quarterback I don't see ANY way we beat the eagles and only a slight chance we beat the Lions. That leaves us with 12 as the lowest possible pick? (I haven't checked that out, just assuming). I'm never going to root against the Vikings and it pains me to say this, but it would do us a huge service in the draft to bomb those last two games and try to move ahead of one of the other 4 teams in the same general area as us who may be looking for a quarterback (San Fransisco, Washington, Arizona, Buffalo). If we can leap frog one or two of those teams, we're basically guaranteed a shot at Newton, Mallet, or Locker.
    I broke it down above and I think we will definately get into the top 10 with us splitting the last 2.

I wouldn't be suprised if we did loose both of them though which would move us up above the 3 or 4 I have us tied with at the end.

I'm willing to bet that Andrew Luck goes #1 overall to the Panthers barring some terrible workouts or his not declaring. Luck staying for his senior year would really bollocks up this whole draft and may even push the Panthers into going in another direction. For me, Luck is easily the best Quarterback prospect in this draft. He's very Matt Ryan-esque, with a strong arm, good leadership ability, good intangibles, and a strong frame. Has been savvy in all interviews I've seen and I think he has the mental makeup of a great quarterback. That said, the draft is a crapshoot and he's going to go to an awful team if he comes out. You never know.
    I agree, based on the little I've seen of the top 4 and what I've read.

Only way I don't see him going there is if the Panthers are happy with Clausen and another team wants to move up for Cam. Regardless, it would take something big to happen if he didn't go one or two.

I like Cam Newton as the second best Quarterback in the draft. I'm assuming he is 100% on coming out, especially if Auburn wins the title and with all of the issues surrounding his recruitment. Newton was CLEARLY the best player in all of college football this year. At many times, he took over games and looked like a man among boys. As a pro prospect, he's hit or miss to scouts. As bad as this sounds, people have concerns about him because he is a black, running quarterback. If you examine black players at the QB position, there is no real statistical difference between them and their white counterparts but that's a sociological story for another day. I think that Newton will be a great player in the NFL. Many overlook his throwing ability because he is that good in the run game. He's a leader as evidenced by this year and I assume he will have great workouts this year. I would love to have him on the Vikings.
    I've seen him play more than any of the other prospects and his running ability isn't what impressed me. That kid can throw the ball my friend.

Lastly, Locker and Mallet are toss-ups for me. Mallet definitely has the frame to succeed as a pro. He's a legit 6'7" and is most definitely a strong pocket passer.
    I'm not certain about Locker as a pro prospect. He was considered the consensus #1 overall pick preseason but had some atrocious games against solid competition and really didn't have that complete of a season. He's garnered a lot of Favre comparisons as of late because of his "gunslinger" mentality (meaning he throws a lot of touchdowns but also makes idiot decisions that leave you scratching your head). Locker is the one out of the 4 QB's that I could see slipping into the 2nd round after a bad workout.
    So do you move up to get one of the top 3 then or try to get a Ponder in the second?

1. Luck
    2. Newton
    3. Mallet
    4. Locker
    And then some other decent prospects that will probably grade into the rest of the draft in Kellen Moore from Boise St, Christian Ponder from FSU, Ricky Stanzi from Iowa, and Blaine Gabbert from Mizzou.
    Who do you take with the first if a QB isn't available and you elect not to move up as I asked above?

LT, DT, S,

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085229
    Ohhhhhh how I love this kindof stuff. Keep it coming PPE, keep it coming.

Couple of comments/questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by "PurplePeopleEaters" #1085224
    I broke it down above and I think we will definately get into the top 10 with us splitting the last 2.

I wouldn't be suprised if we did loose both of them though which would move us up above the 3 or 4 I have us tied with at the end.

I agree, based on the little I've seen of the top 4 and what I've read.

Only way I don't see him going there is if the Panthers are happy with Clausen and another team wants to move up for Cam. Regardless, it would take something big to happen if he didn't go one or two.

I've seen him play more than any of the other prospects and his running ability isn't what impressed me. That kid can throw the ball my friend.

So do you move up to get one of the top 3 then or try to get a Ponder in the second?

1. Luck
    2. Newton
    3. Mallet
    4. Locker
    Who do you take with the first if a QB isn't available and you elect not to move up as I asked above?

LT, DT, S,
    Totally agree on Newton. I honestly believe that Luck and Newton will both be great pro quarterbacks. Again, I could easily be wrong just because of the nature of the draft, but both have very little downside.

If I'm the Vikings FO (and even we don't know who that will be come draft time) I'm going all in on one of those top three quarterback prospects. Again, a lot can change between now and then, so we may see a Locker move into the 2nd and someone like Gabbert (who is shooting up draft boards already) in the back end of the 1st. If they decide against a quarterback for whatever reason, I would love to see a stud O-lineman. Whatever quarterback we roll with next season, they're going to be worthless with the current makeup of our o-line. Derrick Sherrod from Mississippi State looks like the best one in the draft right now, followed closely by Nate Solder from Colorado and Gabe Camiri from Wisconsin. It really depends on where we draft but I can see any of those three being bonafide stud Tackles in the NFL.

Apart from O-line, there are a number of good DE prospects at the top of the draft. Not saying I want a Defensive end, because it's really not that much of a need when looking at the holes on the rest of the team, but Dequan Bowers from Clemson is a Mario Williams/Julius Peppers type player. If we could somehow land Prince Amakamura or Patrick Peterson, the two best CB's in the draft, that would be awesome for our secondary as well. This all depends on Free Agency.

So again, a long way to go. We'll have to first see which direction the NFL is headed with the new CBA, see where the Vikings are headed as far as coach and GM goes, and then see what they do in free agency. Lots of interesting discussion to come.

Well, the Vikings are 5-9. I would have laughed anybody off if they told me that would be Minnesota's record in week 16.

I guess the truth hurts.

Minnesota is a team that is struggling on both sides of the ball. There is hardly one area where they've succeeded this year whatsoever.

With the 2011 draft a mere four months away, the Vikings are looking at a potential top ten draft pick. But who will Minnesota be targeting?

Names like Cameron Newton, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker have all been mentioned, but obviously none of these outstanding players are a lock.

I will be doing a full seven-round mock draft for the Vikings. Minnesota, as most of you know, do not have a third round pick, which was traded to the Patriots for Randy Moss.

With the ninth pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select...
    Minnesota Vikings 2011 Mock Draft: Will the Vikes Go QB in the First Round?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

The word on the street is that Luck stays if Haurbaugh stays..

Far from a lock to go pro it seems.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1086147
    The word on the street is that Luck stays if Haurbaugh stays..

Far from a lock to go pro it seems.
    The guys on NFLN said that Jim is the hottest commodity on the market right now.

Mostly because of the success young, first time coaches have had of late.

Thier belief is that alot of the teams looking to upgrade will give first time guys shots this year instead of pulling out the old guys like Gruden and Cowher.

They even went as far as to say that a 49r official has come right out and said they are not interested in Gruden and that Jim is thier number one candidate and he was very interested in the position mostly because of the history and location of the team.

Made alot of sense to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12