Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

2011 NFL Mock Drafts

Gonna start looking a bit harder at the kids coming out this year. Normal process at this time of the year is to start reading mock drafts and player profiles.

Having said that, here is one that is kindof interesting (even though most on here don't like the source):

The 2011 NFL Draft order is usually very close to be set by now, as we head into Week 16.

But with new rules moving teams back based on where they finish in the playoffs, we've still got a ways to go.

For the 20 teams who will miss out on the playoffs, we're obviously closer to having the exact order, but things can certainly change in the season's final two weeks.

Here's a look at what could be the final 2011 NFL Draft order and possible selections for each of the NFL's 32 teams....
    1. Carolina Panthers

Andrew Luck. No brainer. Even with Clausen, Luck's promise is Peyton Manning-esque
    2. Bengals
    3. Broncos
    4. Arizona Cardinals
    Cam Newton could become the 2011 Combine winner and rocket up draft boards. I know John Skelton is there, but Newton might be a hot commodity.
    5. Lions
    6. Bills
    7. Deadskins
    8. 49'rs
    9. Texans
    10. Minnesota Vikings
    Ryan Mallet is the obvious pick here with quarterback as the most pressing need for the Vikings.
    2011 NFL Draft Order: Full NFL Mock Draft Projection

Not sure if I agree that Mallet, or any QB will make it to us at 10.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: 2011 NFL Mock Drafts

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085135
    Gonna start looking a bit harder at the kids coming out this year. Normal process at this time of the year is to start reading mock drafts and player profiles.

Having said that, here is one that is kindof interesting (even though most on here don't like the source):

The 2011 NFL Draft order is usually very close to be set by now, as we head into Week 16.

But with new rules moving teams back based on where they finish in the playoffs, we've still got a ways to go.

For the 20 teams who will miss out on the playoffs, we're obviously closer to having the exact order, but things can certainly change in the season's final two weeks.

Here's a look at what could be the final 2011 NFL Draft order and possible selections for each of the NFL's 32 teams....
    1. Carolina Panthers

Andrew Luck. No brainer. Even with Clausen, Luck's promise is Peyton Manning-esque
    2. Bengals
    3. Broncos
    4. Arizona Cardinals
    Cam Newton could become the 2011 Combine winner and rocket up draft boards. I know John Skelton is there, but Newton might be a hot commodity.
    5. Lions
    6. Bills
    7. Deadskins
    8. 49'rs
    9. Texans
    10. Minnesota Vikings
    Ryan Mallet is the obvious pick here with quarterback as the most pressing need for the Vikings.
    2011 NFL Draft Order: Full NFL Mock Draft Projection

Not sure if I agree that Mallet, or any QB will make it to us at 10.
    Doubt that Cam Newton will do much work at the combine with his draftstock already this high. He has everything to lose.

Also doubt that Luck is a lock for the Panthers, its likely - but they have big needs elsewhere and i don't think Green or Bowers is completly out of the picture.

Mallett needs work, he is not gonna start day 1.. His footwork is off and some basics to play in the pro's. But i still like him..

Many have Jake Locker going our way, but i don't like it this early.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1085137
    Doubt that Cam Newton will do much work at the combine with his draftstock already this high. He has everything to lose.

Also doubt that Luck is a lock for the Panthers, its likely - but they have big needs elsewhere and i don't think Green or Bowers is completly out of the picture.

Mallett needs work, he is not gonna start day 1.. His footwork is off and some basics to play in the pro's. But i still like him..

Good point on Cam and the combine. I wonder how many will elect to skip it this year.

Not sure about Clausen and if the Panthers are that happy with him. My guess is there will be alot of roster changes when the new guy gets there. Maybe Clausen survives that, maybe he doesn't. Depends on what happens in the FO.

Could be that the deciding factor there is who/what happens with the owner(s) and how much are they willing to spend right away.

Great update on Mallet. Wish I knew enough about them at this point. Not much out there yet, but I will keep digging.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085139

Good point on Cam and the combine. I wonder how many will elect to skip it this year.

Not sure about Clausen and if the Panthers are that happy with him. My guess is there will be alot of roster changes when the new guy gets there. Maybe Clausen survives that, maybe he doesn't. Depends on what happens in the FO.

Could be that the deciding factor there is who/what happens with the owner(s) and how much are they willing to spend right away.

Great update on Mallet. Wish I knew enough about them at this point. Not much out there yet, but I will keep digging.
    At 6'7 Mallett might also been tall enough to handle Sullivans snaps.

Here is a good scouting report from one of the respected sites out there:
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011rmallett.php

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1085147
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085139

At 6'7 Mallett might also been tall enough to handle Sullivans snaps.

Here is a good scouting report from one of the respected sites out there:
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011rmallett.php
    An excellent point and an even better read.

Mallett is starting the season with a third-round grade in my book with a second-round projection because I think some team will overdraft him due to his immense upside. Maybe Mallett improves next season, but that would just be me giving him the benefit of the doubt, which I rarely do for prospects.
    I've only seen him play twice, both times I felt about the same way but didn't think a 3rd round grade was in order. WOW.

Again, great stuff my friend.

From the same link Skum provided above:

Jake Locker, 6-3/225

Summary: If Jimmy Clausen wasn't in this draft and I needed a quarterback, I wouldn't hesitate to take Jake Locker No. 1 overall. Locker could very well go No. 1 this year even with Clausen, but we’ll see. He is a highly unpolished prospect, but has shown the potential and intangibles to warrant a team believing he can develop. He will be a top-five pick. Don't be shocked if Al Davis or Daniel Snyder trades the farm for him.
    I think this guy better check up on Clausen. :laugh:

From the same Skum link above:

Someon on here or another site brought this kid to my attention. I would love to see him in purple next year.

Joseph Barksdale, 6-5/315

Summary: I don't understand why Barksdale isn't more well regarded as a 2011 NFL Draft prospect nationally, but I really don't care. I have watched a lot of tape on the most lauded 2010 NFL Draft tackle prospects, and Barksdale's games are easily the best. He has a very high upside and has the raw talent to be an elite left tackle in the NFL with the prototype technique to boot. He needs to prove he can man the blind side as a senior at LSU, but I think when it's all said and done, he will at least go in the first two rounds.

I have questions with Barksdale (pure speculation on my part) because he seems to miss a block or two per game, and I'm slightly concerned about his intelligence. That said, I'm giving Barksdale a first-round grade to start the 2010 season and he's my No. 1 offensive tackle prospect for the 2011 NFL Draft.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The way the Vikings are ending the season really couldn't work out any better as far as a draft pick goes. We'll likely get blown out by the eagles next week and have a meaningless toss-up game with the Lions to end the season. That gives us the potential for 5-11 or 6-10 and a top 10 draft pick either way.

A top 10 draft pick guarantees us one of the big 4 quarterbacks IF Luck decides to declare for the draft. As of now, Luck, Locker, Mallet, and Newton are being projected as first rounders. The only one that is "out of reach" per say is Luck, as many see him as the consensus #1 overall pick (to the Panthers).

Needless to say, there's still a long way to go in this process with the Bowl Games, Senior Bowl, Combine, etc but this looks to be one of the better years to pick up a Quarterback, especially drafting in the top 15. We should be in a good situation to draft either Locker or Mallet.

Quote Originally Posted by "PurplePeopleEaters" #1085191
    The way the Vikings are ending the season really couldn't work out any better as far as a draft pick goes. We'll likely get blown out by the eagles next week and have a meaningless toss-up game with the Lions to end the season. That gives us the potential for 5-11 or 6-10 and a top 10 draft pick either way.

A top 10 draft pick guarantees us one of the big 4 quarterbacks IF Luck decides to declare for the draft. As of now, Luck, Locker, Mallet, and Newton are being projected as first rounders. The only one that is "out of reach" per say is Luck, as many see him as the consensus #1 overall pick (to the Panthers).

Needless to say, there's still a long way to go in this process with the Bowl Games, Senior Bowl, Combine, etc but this looks to be one of the better years to pick up a Quarterback, especially drafting in the top 15. We should be in a good situation to draft either Locker or Mallet.
    Which one would you rather have?

Right now I'm not so sure either are "Franchise" QB's based on the limited times I've looked at them and some of the stuff I've been reading today.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So far at 5-9, we are tied for 12th worst in the league

Other 5-9 teams: Cleveland, Dallas, Houston, San-Fran, Washington
    4-10: Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit
    3-11: Cincy, Denver
    2-12: Carolina

Carolina, Cincy and Denver likely have the top 3 spots locked up.

AZ plays Dallas and SF, I predict they beat SF finishing 5-11

BUF plays NE and NYJ, they lose out 4-12
    DET beats MIA, loses to Us 5-11
    Clevleand loses to BAL/PIT, 5-11
    Dallas plays AZ/PHI, finish 6-10
    Houston plays DEN/JAC Finish 6-10
    San Fran plays STL/AZ, I already predicted AZ wins this, STL does too, finish 5-11
    Washington plays JAC/NYG I think they lose out, finish 5-11

Car 2-14
    Cincy 3-13
    Denver 3-13
    BUF 4-12
    SF 5-11
    AZ 5-11
    Buf 5-11
    DET 5-11
    CLE 5-11
    WAS 5-11
    DAL 6-10
    MIN 6-10
    DEN 6-10
    TEN 6-10

Now, teams currently at 6-8 are: Seattle, STL, TEN
    Best case for us, STL loses to SEA, beats SF, finished 7-9
    SEA beats STL, loses to Tampa, finishes 7-9
    TEN plays KC and INDY, i think they lose both and finish 6-10, also tied with us. We hold tiebreakers of BUF, WAS and DAL, I'm not sure about DEN or TEN.

In this scenario, it's entirely possible we don't even pick top-10

Of course, this relies on us beating the Lions, which I think we will do. If we lose out, we're in with the 5-11 crowd and have a better shot at a good pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast