Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

2011 DT Draft Prospects

Maybe we can get one of the mods to create a room for this years draft coming up.

Until then, here is a nice link on the DT position.

2011 NFL Draft Bible Big Board: Defensive Tackles

Any of you college fans know/have anything to day about the DT's coming out?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2011 DT Draft Prospects

Marrdro wrote:
    Maybe we can get one of the mods to create a room for this years draft coming up.

I'm more interested in HC candidates...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I'm more interested in HC candidates...
    I hear ya, but it doesn't matter who the HC is next year if they don't fix a couple of things for him.

They will still loose games cause they can't get off the field on 3rd and longs because the DT's can't push the middle allowing the DE's to get pressure on the QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

If PurplePride.org was a team, Marrdro would be the defensive line coach. I can't remember a year where he did not address the interior defensive line in the draft.
    And I hesitated every time... until now.

It's time!!!

Here's why:

1. I think we will have a great chance to draft one of the best defensive tackles in the 2011 Draft considering they way things are now. We will most likely have a top 10 pick and the "flashy" positions are normally the ones who are targeted inside that that range. Bad teams have a tendency to reach for the "flashy" positions. As a result, the Vikings could watch the best defensive tackle fall in their laps.

2. Unfortunately, Pat Williams clearly has seen his better days. Who could blame him? He's the second oldest player on the Vikings at the age of 38. People talk about how incredible Favre is, but Pat is pretty impressive too. He has already stated that he will play next year, but I'm afraid that's not enough. I hate to say it, but Pat Williams is no longer an elite player.

3. None of the backups look ready to step in Pat's shoes at the moment. They are good, but not elite. With an elite tackle next to Kevin Williams, the Vikings will again be the greatest D-line in football.

4. Kevin Williams has been around for a such a long time, but he's not as old as many people thinks. Kevin is 30 years old and can play for many more years. Pat is 38 and will not be here much longer. This is the time to bring in a young player who can learn from the most dominant DT tandem of the last decade!

---

I love the interior defensive line we have in Minnesota! The Vikings have had the greatest DT tandem in the NFL for the last five years or so, but it's time to move on.

How about that monster, Jared Crick?

He's huge! I'm talking white Albert Haynesworth at 6'6" tall, minus the headcase.
    The Sporting News picked Jared Crick as the best player in college football.
    He's only 21.
    He broke the a NU Sack Record. (see video bellow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2klg7oI-tY

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

HEY wrote:
    How about that monster, Jared Crick?

He's huge! I'm talking white Albert Haynesworth at 6'6" tall, minus the headcase.
    The Sporting News picked Jared Crick as the best player in college football.
    He's only 21.
    He broke the a NU Sack Record. (see video bellow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2klg7oI-tY
    I definitely don't think he's the best player in college football, at all. Considering I am a huge Husker fan along with being a Viking fan, I see Crick play every saturday and I've seen him live about 3 or 4 times. I think his numbers were very inflated last year because he benefitted from having suh right next to him. He is a very good player but I don't think he's the best player in college football. Although I would love seeing the Vikings draft him, just hope we realize QB is ahead of DT in our priorities.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Sure why not. So many holes. Might as well start somewhere.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Better start with a new coach, build the OL and then find a long term solution at QB.

Too bad after all of this time and money spent on trying to prop up Childress Wilf has no championship to show for it and he is going to have to rebuild anyway.

Jerrell Powe is an interesting prospect. He has all the tools to become a great NT. He's not projected as a 1st round pick right now, but with the amount of teams running a 3-4 and his potential, he might just go there.

If your season keeps going this way, though, and he does drop into the 2nd round, I can't imagine you passing up on him. He fits the bill as Pat's replacement. A huge, run stuffing NT who has some amazing upper body strength.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

I'd still prefer a good QB prospect but I would have no problem going OT/DT if the guy available is a can't miss prospect. Similar to when AD fell to us.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Obiously depends on where we are gonna draft, but i dont feel like using a top10 pick on a defensive tackle, do to lack of talent..

I really like Christian Ballard in the second round, he is also listed as a DE on some rankings, but he has the size to play DT in the 4-3 no doubt.

Marvin Austin is an elite talent who will drop due to his offfield issues, but definatly has to be on the board.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast