Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1083631
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083585
    1rst Round. Best Player Available. DL, LT, QB in that order.
    2nd Round. Best Player Available. DL, LT, QB in that order leaving off what you got in the first round.
    3rd Round. No pick this year.
    4th Round. Best Player available. DL, LT, QB, in that order leaving off what you got in the first and second round.

    FA - Target a DT that can play 0 technique. Rotate him and the rook you drafted in the 1rst, 2nd or 4th round in with him.
    FA - Target a DT that can play the 0 technique. Rotate him, the other Vet you signed and the rook you drafted in the 1rst, 2nd or 4th round in with him.
    FA - LT. Develop the LT you drafted and plug this guy in as an immediate fill for Big Mack (Other option - Move Load to LT, get a LT in the draft, let him play RT and resign Cook for depth).
    FA - QB. I would love to see this happen, however, I am a realist and I know there isn't gonna be one on the market that will play any better than we just saw TJ play unless a team like the Colts do something stupid and let thier starter go. On a side note, I'm off Dnabb. Been watching him a bit more this year and he sucks.

    Most important move........

    1. Hire a GM.
    2. Fire the whole coaching staff.

    On a side note. All of my wishes will change if we see the mass exodus of players that I am afraid we will see.
    Yup. Lots of FAs on our own team we need to think about...part of the reason I think we should consider keeping Frazier. IF we dilly-dally picking a head coach we could lose out on FA season...our guys and new guys.
    Excellent point. Signing Leslie could help in that regard.

    Problem is, if he is gonna put a package on the field like we saw last night, I'm not sure I wouldn't mind seeing a true GM and a HC picked by him come in and start over rather than watching all this talent flounder cause they aren't getting coached.

    Again, most on here are all over TJ for last nights debacle and they have a good case for it. But the HC really should be getting lit up as well. That team was not ready and the coaches sure didn't do anthing to over come that last night.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1083633
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083582
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1083387
    Maybe Favre will be healthy next year.
    Is this another attempt at not predicting something but still predicting something.

    After watching this ass this year I can't believe you still want him back next year.
    Favre will not come back but if he did I would want him back. The trouble this year was by no means all Favre. The Oline no continuity at Wr and you will have the year we had. TJ is not doing worse than Favre and we don't have anyone other than Webb signed next year. Look at Manning and his year. Thatis what happens when you have no continuity with your WRs

    I think we draft Mallet and let him sit for two years and sign a vet for two years.
    As much as I hate to do it, if you get a kid like Newton, Mallet, Luck or Locker, I think he has to start. Not sure if we will get a shot at one of them, however, most believe that at 12 one would slide to us. Sure are alot of teams above us that need QB help. My count was five, again at 12. If we loose a couple more, the odds might improve in that area.

    If none of them are available the only other option is to take a DT or OT with the first pick and then take a Ponder (66-percent completion rate) or Foles(completing 78.6 percent of his passes with an 8.9 YPA) with your second.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083654
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1083633
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083582
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1083387
    Maybe Favre will be healthy next year.
    Is this another attempt at not predicting something but still predicting something.

    After watching this ass this year I can't believe you still want him back next year.
    Favre will not come back but if he did I would want him back. The trouble this year was by no means all Favre. The Oline no continuity at Wr and you will have the year we had. TJ is not doing worse than Favre and we don't have anyone other than Webb signed next year. Look at Manning and his year. Thatis what happens when you have no continuity with your WRs

    I think we draft Mallet and let him sit for two years and sign a vet for two years.
    As much as I hate to do it, if you get a kid like Newton, Mallet, Luck or Locker, I think he has to start. Not sure if we will get a shot at one of them, however, most believe that at 12 one would slide to us. Sure are alot of teams above us that need QB help. My count was five, again at 12. If we loose a couple more, the odds might improve in that area.

    If none of them are available the only other option is to take a DT or OT with the first pick and then take a Ponder (66-percent completion rate) or Foles(completing 78.6 percent of his passes with an 8.9 YPA) with your second.
    As long as we don't trade both our third round picks and trade up to the end of the 2nd for a 5th round QB.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "PurplePeopleEaters" #1083648
    I really think this Free Agency period could turn into a disaster for us. As Marrdro pointed out, there could be the "mass exodus of players," specifically Greenway and Rice, two of our biggest playmakers. I'm willing to see Leber walk as he's getting up there in age and there are other options in Brinkley and in free agency but losing Greenway and Rice would be pretty detrimental to this team.

    1. Hire a real GM.
    2. Go get 2 or 3 starting caliber offensive lineman in free agency- We need to completely rebuild this offensive line. It was glaringly obvious how terrible our o-line is last night (yes, I know there were 2 backups in) and it's been probably the biggest problem on the team all season. Hutchinson is still a viable option and McKinnie has played fairly well this year. I see some promise in Loadholt but I don't think our scheme is right for him. We need to forget the Sullivan and Herrera experiments. Both are way too suspect in pass blocking.

    3. Draft a Quarterback in the first round- There are likely four first round quarterback options in the draft this year in Luck, Locker, Mallet, and Newton. I would be happy with all of them (especially Luck) and if we are picking in the top 10 we will definitely see at least one of them drop to us. My issue with this pick is the following: If we don't address the offensive line in free agency, there is no point in drafting a rookie quarterback. Seeing Favre and T-Jack get the shit beat out of them this year was not pretty and it will be the same story with a rookie.

    4. Cut/trade Tyrell Johnson and Madieu Williams. Sanford and Abdullah can stay as backups. Go pick up the BPA safety in the 2nd round and sign the best safety we can get in free agency.

    4. Go DE/DT in the 4th round.
    5. Pick up DL, OL, and CB depth in the rest of the draft.
    PPE!!!!!!!! Now were talking......Glad to see you my friend.

    Only issue I have with that fine post was your path to solve the DL issues. I think we are good at DE. Griff has shown some promise so he could probably step in next year for Edwards (who is gonna leave as he was the maddest over that tender) but we still have serious issues at DT.

    K-dubb hasn't been himself since testing issue. Phat Pat can only get you a rep or two then has to come out. JK has flashed but he isn't the answer. Fred Evans.....LOL, can't beleive a couple on here actually thought he was a good signing.

    Anyways, if you wait until the 4th, just like you see with QB's, there isn't anything left that can give you instant reps.

    I really think you need to get rid of everyone but Guion and K-dubb, get two vets (maybe one of them is JK) and draft a young stud that can play the 0 technique in this scheme.

    Heck, banish the thought, but maybe you say "Eff you Kdubb, we are going into a 3-4 with or without you", and work the rebuild that way. Then you would only need K-dubb, Guion, Griff and your rookie 0 technique and load up on 3-4 LB'rs.

    I think you have a good start there with EJ, Erin, Jasper and Chad. Just add a vet in there and you are good.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1083640
    Sign Orton!

    =Z=
    I wouldn't be apposed to that and after this year, you might be able to get him a bit cheaper than you would have last year.

    As for Kolb, I'm not sure on that cat yet. Even though I was ready to mortgage the bank on a cat like DA, I think that taught me a lesson. They are getting rid of him for a reason if they elect to do so.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083658
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083654
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1083633
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083582
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1083387
    Maybe Favre will be healthy next year.
    Is this another attempt at not predicting something but still predicting something.

    After watching this ass this year I can't believe you still want him back next year.
    Favre will not come back but if he did I would want him back. The trouble this year was by no means all Favre. The Oline no continuity at Wr and you will have the year we had. TJ is not doing worse than Favre and we don't have anyone other than Webb signed next year. Look at Manning and his year. Thatis what happens when you have no continuity with your WRs

    I think we draft Mallet and let him sit for two years and sign a vet for two years.
    As much as I hate to do it, if you get a kid like Newton, Mallet, Luck or Locker, I think he has to start. Not sure if we will get a shot at one of them, however, most believe that at 12 one would slide to us. Sure are alot of teams above us that need QB help. My count was five, again at 12. If we loose a couple more, the odds might improve in that area.

    If none of them are available the only other option is to take a DT or OT with the first pick and then take a Ponder (66-percent completion rate) or Foles(completing 78.6 percent of his passes with an 8.9 YPA) with your second.
    As long as we don't trade both our third round picks and trade up to the end of the 2nd for a 5th round QB.
    LOL, well played. I still say he is the second best QB out of that class.

    Heck, I'd even throw 2007 in there as well and say he was better than almost all of them to.

    2007 1 1 1 1 JaMarcus Russell Raiders Louisiana State
    2 1 22 22 Brady Quinn Browns Notre Dame
    3 2 4 36 Kevin Kolb Eagles Houston
    4 2 8 40 John Beck Dolphins Brigham Young
    5 2 11 43 Drew Stanton Lions Michigan State
    6 3 29 92 Trent Edwards Bills Stanford
    7 4 4 103 Isaiah Stanback Cowboys Washington
    8 5 14 151 Jeff Rowe Bengals Nevada
    9 5 37 174 Troy Smith Ravens Ohio State
    10 6 31 205 Jordan Palmer Redskins Texas-El Paso
    11 7 7 217 Tyler Thigpen Vikings Coastal Carolina
    2006 1 1 3 3 Vince Young Titans Texas
    2 1 10 10 Matt Leinart Cardinals USC
    3 1 11 11 Jay Cutler Broncos Vanderbilt
    4 2 17 49 Kellen Clemens Jets Oregon
    5 2 32 64 Tarvaris Jackson Vikings Alabama State
    6 3 17 81 Charlie Whitehurst Chargers Clemson
    7 3 21 85 Brodie Croyle Chiefs Alabama
    8 5 15 148 Ingle Martin Packers Furman
    9 5 32 164 Omar Jacobs Steelers Bowling Green
    10 6 24 193 Reggie McNeal Bengals Texas A&M
    11 6 25 194 Bruce Gradkowski Buccaneers Toledo
    12 7 15 223 D.J. Shockley Falcons Georgia
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083661
    Quote Originally Posted by "PurplePeopleEaters" #1083648
    I really think this Free Agency period could turn into a disaster for us. As Marrdro pointed out, there could be the "mass exodus of players," specifically Greenway and Rice, two of our biggest playmakers. I'm willing to see Leber walk as he's getting up there in age and there are other options in Brinkley and in free agency but losing Greenway and Rice would be pretty detrimental to this team.

    1. Hire a real GM.
    2. Go get 2 or 3 starting caliber offensive lineman in free agency- We need to completely rebuild this offensive line. It was glaringly obvious how terrible our o-line is last night (yes, I know there were 2 backups in) and it's been probably the biggest problem on the team all season. Hutchinson is still a viable option and McKinnie has played fairly well this year. I see some promise in Loadholt but I don't think our scheme is right for him. We need to forget the Sullivan and Herrera experiments. Both are way too suspect in pass blocking.

    3. Draft a Quarterback in the first round- There are likely four first round quarterback options in the draft this year in Luck, Locker, Mallet, and Newton. I would be happy with all of them (especially Luck) and if we are picking in the top 10 we will definitely see at least one of them drop to us. My issue with this pick is the following: If we don't address the offensive line in free agency, there is no point in drafting a rookie quarterback. Seeing Favre and T-Jack get the shit beat out of them this year was not pretty and it will be the same story with a rookie.

    4. Cut/trade Tyrell Johnson and Madieu Williams. Sanford and Abdullah can stay as backups. Go pick up the BPA safety in the 2nd round and sign the best safety we can get in free agency.

    4. Go DE/DT in the 4th round.
    5. Pick up DL, OL, and CB depth in the rest of the draft.
    PPE!!!!!!!! Now were talking......Glad to see you my friend.

    Only issue I have with that fine post was your path to solve the DL issues. I think we are good at DE. Griff has shown some promise so he could probably step in next year for Edwards (who is gonna leave as he was the maddest over that tender) but we still have serious issues at DT.

    K-dubb hasn't been himself since testing issue. Phat Pat can only get you a rep or two then has to come out. JK has flashed but he isn't the answer. Fred Evans.....LOL, can't beleive a couple on here actually thought he was a good signing.

    Anyways, if you wait until the 4th, just like you see with QB's, there isn't anything left that can give you instant reps.

    I really think you need to get rid of everyone but Guion and K-dubb, get two vets (maybe one of them is JK) and draft a young stud that can play the 0 technique in this scheme.

    Heck, banish the thought, but maybe you say "Eff you Kdubb, we are going into a 3-4 with or without you", and work the rebuild that way. Then you would only need K-dubb, Guion, Griff and your rookie 0 technique and load up on 3-4 LB'rs.

    I think you have a good start there with EJ, Erin, Jasper and Chad. Just add a vet in there and you are good.
    3-4?

    We talk about this every offseason, and every offseason it's the same thing.
    It would not work for us, we'd need to completely revamp our front 7.

    First of all, our Ends. JA isn't even close to a 3-4 DE. What then? Move him to WOLB? Packers tried that with their pass rusher, it didn't work out so well. Although JA might be able to work as a pass rushing OLB, but you never know. Then we have what? Chad at SLB? ILB? EJ would have to be ILB, probably SILB. Who's WILB? Brinkley?

    Now, DE's. The only guy we have who fills a 3-4 DE frame is Kevin Williams. If we can get him to play as a DE, great. But I believe we did that before whe he was younger, and he said he hated it. What about NT? Pat's coming back next year, but I don't think he can be our every down answer. We'll need a NT. Perhaps drafting a guy last year would have been the way to go, IF we were planning on going to 3-4. Still the problem of LDE. Griffen is 273. Not big enough. Robison is smaller even. For a 3-4 LDE, we need a big, strong guy who can hold his ground against a doubleteam. Maybe this is where KW comes in. We still need a RDE though.

    Then there's the issue of LB depth. We'd need to bring Leber back, he wants to come back. We'd then have to draft or aquire another 3 or 4 LB's. Assuming Erin will be back, there's Farwell and Onatolu, but neither really play Linebacker, they're special teams guys.

    I just really don't think its realistic.

    The Packers pulled it off, as they had the guys they needed on roster. THey had the big DL they needed, they had the LB's. Two years and they turned it into a decent unit. not outstanding, but decent. We just don't have the guys. And I don't think EJ would necessarily make a good 3-4 DE.

  8. #28
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083664
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083658
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083654
    Quote Originally Posted by "tarkenton10" #1083633
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083582
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1083387
    Maybe Favre will be healthy next year.
    Is this another attempt at not predicting something but still predicting something.

    After watching this ass this year I can't believe you still want him back next year.
    Favre will not come back but if he did I would want him back. The trouble this year was by no means all Favre. The Oline no continuity at Wr and you will have the year we had. TJ is not doing worse than Favre and we don't have anyone other than Webb signed next year. Look at Manning and his year. Thatis what happens when you have no continuity with your WRs

    I think we draft Mallet and let him sit for two years and sign a vet for two years.
    As much as I hate to do it, if you get a kid like Newton, Mallet, Luck or Locker, I think he has to start. Not sure if we will get a shot at one of them, however, most believe that at 12 one would slide to us. Sure are alot of teams above us that need QB help. My count was five, again at 12. If we loose a couple more, the odds might improve in that area.

    If none of them are available the only other option is to take a DT or OT with the first pick and then take a Ponder (66-percent completion rate) or Foles(completing 78.6 percent of his passes with an 8.9 YPA) with your second.
    As long as we don't trade both our third round picks and trade up to the end of the 2nd for a 5th round QB.
    LOL, well played. I still say he is the second best QB out of that class.

    Heck, I'd even throw 2007 in there as well and say he was better than almost all of them to.

    2007 1 1 1 1 JaMarcus Russell Raiders Louisiana State
    2 1 22 22 Brady Quinn Browns Notre Dame
    3 2 4 36 Kevin Kolb Eagles Houston
    4 2 8 40 John Beck Dolphins Brigham Young
    5 2 11 43 Drew Stanton Lions Michigan State
    6 3 29 92 Trent Edwards Bills Stanford
    7 4 4 103 Isaiah Stanback Cowboys Washington
    8 5 14 151 Jeff Rowe Bengals Nevada
    9 5 37 174 Troy Smith Ravens Ohio State
    10 6 31 205 Jordan Palmer Redskins Texas-El Paso
    11 7 7 217 Tyler Thigpen Vikings Coastal Carolina
    2006 1 1 3 3 Vince Young Titans Texas
    2 1 10 10 Matt Leinart Cardinals USC
    3 1 11 11 Jay Cutler Broncos Vanderbilt
    4 2 17 49 Kellen Clemens Jets Oregon
    5 2 32 64 Tarvaris Jackson Vikings Alabama State
    6 3 17 81 Charlie Whitehurst Chargers Clemson
    7 3 21 85 Brodie Croyle Chiefs Alabama
    8 5 15 148 Ingle Martin Packers Furman
    9 5 32 164 Omar Jacobs Steelers Bowling Green
    10 6 24 193 Reggie McNeal Bengals Texas A&M
    11 6 25 194 Bruce Gradkowski Buccaneers Toledo
    12 7 15 223 D.J. Shockley Falcons Georgia
    The problem with claiming that, is that we are the only team in such a bad position where TJ had to get significant playing time.

    How do we know that if we got Charlie Whitehurst, Brodie Croyle or Bruce Gradkowski, they wouldn't do the exact same or better than TJ has done? We don't.

    You can claim they don't play for a reason. That's true, because their coach is smart enough to not reach for a player then insist on playing him because he's his little project.

  9. #29
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083662
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1083640
    Sign Orton!

    =Z=
    I wouldn't be apposed to that and after this year, you might be able to get him a bit cheaper than you would have last year.

    As for Kolb, I'm not sure on that cat yet. Even though I was ready to mortgage the bank on a cat like DA, I think that taught me a lesson. They are getting rid of him for a reason if they elect to do so.
    Oh, and what was the reason for getting rid of Matt Shaub might I ask?

    Was it because they have Vick, and Schaub became expendable?

    Funny, I see some similarities.

  10. #30
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2011 Draft/FA Wishlist

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083665
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083661
    Quote Originally Posted by "PurplePeopleEaters" #1083648
    I really think this Free Agency period could turn into a disaster for us. As Marrdro pointed out, there could be the "mass exodus of players," specifically Greenway and Rice, two of our biggest playmakers. I'm willing to see Leber walk as he's getting up there in age and there are other options in Brinkley and in free agency but losing Greenway and Rice would be pretty detrimental to this team.

    1. Hire a real GM.
    2. Go get 2 or 3 starting caliber offensive lineman in free agency- We need to completely rebuild this offensive line. It was glaringly obvious how terrible our o-line is last night (yes, I know there were 2 backups in) and it's been probably the biggest problem on the team all season. Hutchinson is still a viable option and McKinnie has played fairly well this year. I see some promise in Loadholt but I don't think our scheme is right for him. We need to forget the Sullivan and Herrera experiments. Both are way too suspect in pass blocking.

    3. Draft a Quarterback in the first round- There are likely four first round quarterback options in the draft this year in Luck, Locker, Mallet, and Newton. I would be happy with all of them (especially Luck) and if we are picking in the top 10 we will definitely see at least one of them drop to us. My issue with this pick is the following: If we don't address the offensive line in free agency, there is no point in drafting a rookie quarterback. Seeing Favre and T-Jack get the shit beat out of them this year was not pretty and it will be the same story with a rookie.

    4. Cut/trade Tyrell Johnson and Madieu Williams. Sanford and Abdullah can stay as backups. Go pick up the BPA safety in the 2nd round and sign the best safety we can get in free agency.

    4. Go DE/DT in the 4th round.
    5. Pick up DL, OL, and CB depth in the rest of the draft.
    PPE!!!!!!!! Now were talking......Glad to see you my friend.

    Only issue I have with that fine post was your path to solve the DL issues. I think we are good at DE. Griff has shown some promise so he could probably step in next year for Edwards (who is gonna leave as he was the maddest over that tender) but we still have serious issues at DT.

    K-dubb hasn't been himself since testing issue. Phat Pat can only get you a rep or two then has to come out. JK has flashed but he isn't the answer. Fred Evans.....LOL, can't beleive a couple on here actually thought he was a good signing.

    Anyways, if you wait until the 4th, just like you see with QB's, there isn't anything left that can give you instant reps.

    I really think you need to get rid of everyone but Guion and K-dubb, get two vets (maybe one of them is JK) and draft a young stud that can play the 0 technique in this scheme.

    Heck, banish the thought, but maybe you say "Eff you Kdubb, we are going into a 3-4 with or without you", and work the rebuild that way. Then you would only need K-dubb, Guion, Griff and your rookie 0 technique and load up on 3-4 LB'rs.

    I think you have a good start there with EJ, Erin, Jasper and Chad. Just add a vet in there and you are good.
    3-4?

    We talk about this every offseason, and every offseason it's the same thing.
    It would not work for us, we'd need to completely revamp our front 7.

    First of all, our Ends. JA isn't even close to a 3-4 DE. What then? Move him to WOLB? Packers tried that with their pass rusher, it didn't work out so well. Although JA might be able to work as a pass rushing OLB, but you never know. Then we have what? Chad at SLB? ILB? EJ would have to be ILB, probably SILB. Who's WILB? Brinkley?

    Now, DE's. The only guy we have who fills a 3-4 DE frame is Kevin Williams. If we can get him to play as a DE, great. But I believe we did that before whe he was younger, and he said he hated it. What about NT? Pat's coming back next year, but I don't think he can be our every down answer. We'll need a NT. Perhaps drafting a guy last year would have been the way to go, IF we were planning on going to 3-4. Still the problem of LDE. Griffen is 273. Not big enough. Robison is smaller even. For a 3-4 LDE, we need a big, strong guy who can hold his ground against a doubleteam. Maybe this is where KW comes in. We still need a RDE though.

    Then there's the issue of LB depth. We'd need to bring Leber back, he wants to come back. We'd then have to draft or aquire another 3 or 4 LB's. Assuming Erin will be back, there's Farwell and Onatolu, but neither really play Linebacker, they're special teams guys.

    I just really don't think its realistic.

    The Packers pulled it off, as they had the guys they needed on roster. THey had the big DL they needed, they had the LB's. Two years and they turned it into a decent unit. not outstanding, but decent. We just don't have the guys. And I don't think EJ would necessarily make a good 3-4 DE.
    I hear ya and didn't say it was gonna be easy or successful right away but if you think about it, aren't we basically starting over again anyway?

    Phat Pat, gone.
    Evans. Crap, gone
    JK. Just above crap, could go.
    K-dubb. Pretty much ineffective all year.
    Ray. Gone.
    Leber. Gone.
    Greenway. Might stay but could leave just as easily.
    EJ. Same as Chad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 NFL Mock Draft Update
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 03:32 PM
  2. Cover-2: DTs of the 2011 Draft,
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM
  3. The later rounds - 2011 draft
    By skum in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
  4. 2011 DT Draft Prospects
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 10:54 AM
  5. 2011 Draft
    By 12purplepride28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 01:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •