Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Draft

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: 2011 Draft

DiehardVikesFan wrote:
    delviking wrote:
    if he comes out id like to see the Kid from Auburn
    cant remeber his name but 6'6" 250 who can throw and run and jukes almost as good as AP. But hes a junior so who knows if he'll be out this yr or next.
    Cam Newton...he is a run first quarterback and pretty raw as a passer though. Too athletic not to get drafted though.
    That SOB just beat my LSU Tigers himself.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Quick question, do you really think one of the 1rst rounders (that will be available when we draft) will become an instant starter next year?

Like it or not, we will probably still need a Vet to lead this team next year as it will still be considered a contender. No way you take that type of team and plug a rook in that isn't ready to go.

By the way, here is Kipers has Locker going 1 and Lock 2. Sure is alot to move up to get one of them.
    If we don't get Mcnabb, then I think a rookie should start for us. Look at the teams that have been successful with rookie QBs recently, and we have more offensive talent or just as much off. talent than them (falcons, ravens, jets). Even if we do get Mcnabb, we still should draft a top QB this year. I'm so sick of every team in the league except for us having a QB, or at least trying to get one through the draft of trade. I don't want excuses, I want a damn franchise QB, something the Vikings haven't had in my lifetime, unless you count pepper.

I think that if we traded Mckinnie, drafted a LT in the 1-2 rounds and drafted a top QB, he could be successful here, if childress is gone. I have no faith that he could make a QB successful, at all. I don't want him $#&*ing any young QB up on our team.

All I want is a young QB of the future and a coach that knows how to train him and can get our team fired up. Is that too much to ask?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Quick question, do you really think one of the 1rst rounders (that will be available when we draft) will become an instant starter next year?

Like it or not, we will probably still need a Vet to lead this team next year as it will still be considered a contender. No way you take that type of team and plug a rook in that isn't ready to go.

By the way, here is Kipers has Locker going 1 and Lock 2. Sure is alot to move up to get one of them.
    If we don't get Mcnabb, then I think a rookie should start for us. Look at the teams that have been successful with rookie QBs recently, and we have more offensive talent or just as much off. talent than them (falcons, ravens, jets). Even if we do get Mcnabb, we still should draft a top QB this year. I'm so sick of every team in the league except for us having a QB, or at least trying to get one through the draft of trade. I don't want excuses, I want a damn franchise QB, something the Vikings haven't had in my lifetime, unless you count pepper.

I think that if we traded Mckinnie, drafted a LT in the 1-2 rounds and drafted a top QB, he could be successful here, if childress is gone. I have no faith that he could make a QB successful, at all. I don't want him $#&*ing any young QB up on our team.

All I want is a young QB of the future and a coach that knows how to train him and can get our team fired up. Is that too much to ask?
    If you want a young QB of the future and coach that can train him, the answer to that prayer would be Jon Gruden.

As for teams that have been successful with rookie QBs (Jets, Falcons, Ravens)the problem with that is all three of those teams spent a 1st rounder to get those QBs. There is nothing wrong with that, and I would love the Vikes to spend a 1st Rounder on a franchise qb. but just as marrdro said earlier made alot of sense, to get any of those qbs you have to be drafting in the top 10. more than likely we wont trade up that high (that would include probably two first rounders to trade up + more). Last time we had a top 10 pick was in the 2007 draft. The only way we would end up with a franchise qb is if pretty much we lose every game here on out.

Blog Entries

Sajid28 wrote:
    If you want a young QB of the future and coach that can train him, the answer to that prayer would be Jon Gruden.

As for teams that have been successful with rookie QBs (Jets, Falcons, Ravens)the problem with that is all three of those teams spent a 1st rounder to get those QBs. There is nothing wrong with that, and I would love the Vikes to spend a 1st Rounder on a franchise qb. but just as marrdro said earlier made alot of sense, to get any of those qbs you have to be drafting in the top 10. more than likely we wont trade up that high (that would include probably two first rounders to trade up + more). Last time we had a top 10 pick was in the 2007 draft. The only way we would end up with a franchise qb is if pretty much we lose every game here on out.
    You can find me on record here saying many times that I want Gruden as our coach next year. And I don't care what we have to trade to get a top 10 pick. I would give anything to have Aaron Rodgers or Matt Ryan. Hell I would trade AP to get either of those QBs.

You can ask yourself if you think that trading up is worth it for this years draft, and then you can ask yourself if you think trading up is worth it for a shot at security at the most important position in football for the next 10-15 years. I think it is.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Sajid28 wrote:

You can find me on record here saying many times that I want Gruden as our coach next year. And I don't care what we have to trade to get a top 10 pick. I would give anything to have Aaron Rodgers or Matt Ryan. Hell I would trade AP to get either of those QBs.

You can ask yourself if you think that trading up is worth it for this years draft, and then you can ask yourself if you think trading up is worth it for a shot at security at the most important position in football for the next 10-15 years. I think it is.
    no way in hell id give up AP for Matt Ryan or Rodgers. Id rather have AP and have guy like Dilfer be my qb and take me to the promise land. Im not taking anything away from those two qbs. they are good and have the upside to become great. However, would I give up AP for Peyton in his prime or Brett in his prime, in a heartbeat. But I would never want that, having AP on our team brings fear to the hearts of most defensive cordinators.

Im not so much leaning to the side of giving up 2 first rounders plus additional picks just for a top ten pick. The bears felt that getting Cutler was the right choice and that cost them a hefty price tag. Still think Cutler was worth 2 first rounders? Cause youd be taking the same chance that the bears took.

Blog Entries

Sajid28 wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Sajid28 wrote:

no way in hell id give up AP for Matt Ryan or Rodgers. Id rather have AP and have guy like Dilfer be my qb and take me to the promise land. Im not taking anything away from those two qbs. they are good and have the upside to become great. However, would I give up AP for Peyton in his prime or Brett in his prime, in a heartbeat. But I would never want that, having AP on our team brings fear to the hearts of most defensive cordinators.

Im not so much leaning to the side of giving up 2 first rounders plus additional picks just for a top ten pick. The bears felt that getting Cutler was the right choice and that cost them a hefty price tag. Still think Cutler was worth 2 first rounders? Cause youd be taking the same chance that the bears took.
    The problem is though, we don't have a QB that is going to take us to the promise land. Sure its nice to think that we can just get a game manager as QB and win the SB, but the Buccaneers had a MUCH better defense than we had last year, much less this year. It's great to have AP, and he is one of the best players in the NFL, and hands down the best RB in the NFL this year. But the thing is, you won't find a team that won the Super Bowl because they had a RB that can take over, because it doesn't happen like that. There are teams that win the Super Bowl that are built around RBs and tough Defenses, but I don't think our D is good enough to carry us this year. I think it would benefit us much better to have a great QB and an average running game than a great running game and an average QB.

QB is the most important position in all of sports, QBs generally last longer than RBs, and can make a bigger difference. Why do you think our offense was so much better last year with a real QB than before with Tjoke? QBs make a bigger difference. In an ideal world, for me at least, Tjoke will prove me and thousands other wrong and become a servicable QB, we draft an o-line and safety next year, and fire chilly and hire Gruden/Cowher, and win the next 25 super bowls.

Erinnn is offline Starter

Marrdro wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    I would be willing to bet that the first pick is used on the offensive line.

Of course this all depends on how far we actually fall by the end of the season. If we are picking in the top 10 we may go after Luck/Locker/Mallet ... but I do not see us picking that high ... still.

I think we pick middle of first round and we go with the biggest baddest OLinmen left at that time.
    I could live with that. DL if there isn't a LT available when we do pick.
    They need to look at Nate Solder, LT from Colorado, as a potential project since McKinnie and Loadholt probably aren't going anywhere yet. He's got size: 6'8, 315lbs., 7% body fat, and is fast, athletic, finishes his blocks. He's a good run blocker, and with some work he could be a great addition in the next few years.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I think we have to go QB if McNabb does not come here.

Some other areas of concern are S and LB.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well, if Webb is the QB Du Jour and childress is the coach we will probably trade out of the first and spend the second pick on a guy projected to go in the 6th round.

They aren't going to burn a 1st on an OL because they clearly have not been convinced that they have a problem there. My guess is if they do use their 1 pick it will be on a 10 yd cushion CB who can't tackle and doesn't challenge passes which will be a perfect fit for this scheme.

Blog Entries

We need a QB. and a whole defensive line.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast