Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Draft

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

2011 Draft

I'm sure it's too early for some, but hell, I'll throw it out there. What do you guys think we need to do in the 2011 draft? I wouldn't mind seeing us trade up or trade picks for players, as I don't think we need to add that many people. I think we need to focus on signing Greenway, Peterson, Rice, and whoever else we need to as they are all essential to our success. The less rookie contracts we sign, the better.

I would love to see us trade up for two picks in the 1st round and grab a QB and an O-lineman.

The spots we definitely need to address are:

QB
    OL
    Secondary

That's it IMO, as Jimmy Kennedy or Letroy Guion should step in for Pat next year. I think our WRs are good, but maybe we should dump Berrian and get draft a WR, but it's not as urgent as the other positions.

I don't know what we need in the secondary, but we need help. Everyone sucks back there. Having Griffin back next year will help a lot, and Cook should be improved. I don't know if ashtray is ever going to be any good, but experience shouldn't hurt.

Our Linebacks are good with EJ, Greenway, and Leber, not sure if we will let Leber walk but I doubt it. I like our depth there with Brinkley and Erin behind them so I think we should be good there.

I would love to see us draft Ryan Mallet. I love watching that kid play, and think he can be the answer, but we won't know until he actually plays a game.

That's just my short take on it, I'm in class and can't really elaborate as much as I'd like, but I'm sure people here will pick this apart and show me how much of an idiot I am, so I'll be waiting.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Re: 2011 Draft

Never too early to talk draft when you're 2-4. It's looking like Luck will be the top QB. Mallett and probably Locker will be first rounders too. Christian Ponder is probably the next QB off the board after these three. I personally like Luck the best. We also need a lot of help on the offensive line and our safeties leave a lot to be desired.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't care who it is, as long as it is first round talent at the QB position.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

We'll see what happens in free agency first. We've got a lot of guys that are going to hit the market. Rice, Moss, Leber, Greenway, Edwards, Robison, Longwell, probably some other guys too. I think #1 priority is obviously QB. And I'm sure he'd love to have Rice and Moss to throw at, but can we convince those two to stay when Favre retires and the don't get a chance to play with Jackson with the potential of playing with a rookie?

I don't see Greenway or Leber going anywhere. I think Edwards is gone. Which means two of our four starting Dlinemen are gone after this season.

OL remains intact, their play down the stretch determines our need to draft, remember, many people believe cohesiveness and experience is more important than talent on an offensive line.

I think the key is getting Moss and Rice to stick around.

With that said, again, we need to draft a quarterback and this looks like it could be a very good class. I also wouldn't hate to see us address the safety position.

The season is only half over now. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Blog Entries

I don't think we'll have any problem keeping Rice here, he just seems like someone who will stick around. The problem will be Moss, who undoubtedly wishes he was back in New England with a real team. I'm fine with Edwards leaving because if he leaves then Robison will want to stick around to hopefully get a starting job, and there's still Everson Griffen.

I think we need a complete overhaul next year. Let Frazier walk, fire childress, hire a new coaching staff that is capable of firing our players up. I wouldn't mind seeing a change in defensive schemes, never been a big fan of our's. I think we could be potentially be looking at a whole new team next year.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

No problem discussing this early! Always up for some good football talk

Like Mr.A said it depends on FA

And I agree with who he thinks will walk.. We will be losing 2 starting DL and we will have to address that

I think Robison will step in and start.. Mix in some Everson Griffin to spell him and or Allen and I feel that's how we will roll

We will have to get a DT.. Not sold on our current men on the roster to start for a full season

QB obviously gotta get a young buck

Corner I think will be fine.. Griffin and Cook will probAably start, I feel Asher and Winny will play inside.. Winny bumping out sometimes as well.. Asher gets alot of flack but I think he has played damn well considering he is young and hasn;t had any pressure up front

O-line can use a guy or 2 to groom.. I don't think anyone on our line is going anywhere, but we will need replacements and some quailty depth

WRs I think we will find a way to keep Moss.. He will want to retire here.. Sid hopefully can stay on the field for 16 games.. Berrian should be gone.. Will look to pick a younger guy in the mid to late rounds im guessing

So far this is how I would draft if we can get a quality player in this order

1.QB/DT
    2.DT/QB
    3.O-line
    4.WR
    5.DE/DT/O-line
    6.TE

I have no idea how many extra picks we have.. And im pretty sure we traded our 4th for Moss wasn't it? You all kinda get the drift though.. Little early but rough idea on how i feel.. I'm positive when the season rolls on i'll feel differntly about our holes

Other areas we will bring in some veteran help

Blog Entries

Maybe it's because I'm a husker fan, but I would love to see us draft Alex Henery. He is a great kicker with a strong leg, and god knows we need a strong leg. Here's a video of him ripping out the hearts of all the Colorado Buffalo players/fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXkPwWXLNY

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

QB: I think the top draft priority is QB unless we sign McNabb, which I am more convinced we will TRY to do rather than what we SHOULD do.... But I think we spend a high pick on QB.

DT: I think we like our depth at DT and will stick with what we have unless somebody falls to us in a big way. I believe we view the DE position the same way.

DE: See above; I think Griffin was drafted to replace Ray if he leaves. Ray isn't having a career year to get paid yet, so that helps, too.

WR: We will have about $25 million in salary freed up between #4 and #87 (yes, I think Berrian is gone and Favre retires). I think Moss and Rice are probably both going to cost 7-9 mil/year and we may just go for that. If they get along well, they may even take a bit less to both be here; stranger things have happened.

LB: I'm not totally sure what Greenway and Leber will command salary wise; neither has a probowl and that MAY save us some cash. I think we pay for Chad and offer Leber about what he's making now... but Greenway will cost us.

OL: I think we'll draft some developmental players. Not saying we SHOULDN'T draft high, but I don't see it happening.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

delviking is offline Starter

if he comes out id like to see the Kid from Auburn
    cant remeber his name but 6'6" 250 who can throw and run and jukes almost as good as AP. But hes a junior so who knows if he'll be out this yr or next.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Should be one of the more exciting off seasons in recent memory due to a new cba.
    Seems like alot of players didn't get contracts this year so I think there will be a ton of talent available via free agency. I see them filling the QB spot in FA.

I think in the draft they focus on defense.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast