singersp is offline PPO Newshound

On that 2010 Lions-Vikings draft trade

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We obviously came out ahead of the Lions in that trade, but I was actually hoping we took Patrick Robinson with our first round pick and was mad when the Saints took him. Turns out Cook was a better pick anyway.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    It's fun to look back and the Vikings were definitely the winner of this one. I liked Jahvid Best's potential, but the office was right in their assessment of his injury history. Just another example of our excellent injury evaluation staff.

The grand price of this trade was Everson Griffin. That dude can play!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Could have had the Gronk...
    I liked the trade back but... my god... the trade for Toby had to be equally as bad.
    2 and 3rd for a back up RB. Mean while Texans took Ben Tate with our pick and could have had Navarro Bowman.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    The grand price of this trade was Everson Griffin. That dude can play![/COLOR]
    Unfortunately, much like Rudolph, the Vikings aren't using their talents enough.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Unfortunately, much like Rudolph, the Vikings aren't using their talents enough.
    Really not sure what that's based on, Griffin did play behind Jared Allen, and there were some people that were not happy during last years training camp when it was mentioned that Allen would be getting more snaps off to keep him fresher. That and some of his injuries Griffin did get more playing time last year and did also take reps at tackle
    The only noticeable change came in the uptick in playing time for backup Everson Griffen, due in part to a shoulder injury that cost Robison one game. Griffen played on more than half of the Vikings' snaps as either a tackle or end, and he actually played more frequently than starting nose tackle Letroy Guion.
    Rewind'12: Jared Allen's playing time - NFC North Blog - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Really not sure what that's based on, Griffin did play behind Jared Allen, and there were some people that were not happy during last years training camp when it was mentioned that Allen would be getting more snaps off to keep him fresher. That and some of his injuries Griffin did get more playing time last year and did also take reps at tackle Rewind'12: Jared Allen's playing time - NFC North Blog - ESPN
    My point is he should be starting instead of getting shuffled around from position to position as fill in.

My point is he should be starting instead of getting shuffled around from position to position as fill in.
    Oh, I the Jared Allen was still a starting talent and didn't know you were on the same page as Marrdro with Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Oh, I the Jared Allen was still a starting talent and didn't know you were on the same page as Marrdro with Allen.
    I said starting, not replacing Allen. I could have seen him replacing Guion or even Robison on the line. He had almost as many tackles as Robison & he was only on the field part time.

I said starting, not replacing Allen. I could have seen him replacing Guion or even Robison on the line. He had almost as many tackles as Robison & he was only on the field part time.
    So now you'd shuffle him around to start him