Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2009 Free Agency

"C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    btw, i'd like to bring in TJ who'syurmomma too!!.. he'd be an amazing compliment to BB and our passing game.. stick Sid in the slot and Bwade on the bench where he belongs and our offense would be sick!!!!
    Bobby Wade is a pretty good role player... I think he's earned his spot on the field.
    Bobby Wade on the bench?! He must be crazy.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    btw, i'd like to bring in TJ who'syurmomma too!!.. he'd be an amazing compliment to BB and our passing game.. stick Sid in the slot and Bwade on the bench where he belongs and our offense would be sick!!!!
    Bobby Wade is a pretty good role player... I think he's earned his spot on the field.
    YES he belongs on the bench!!!... we can get and deserve a better slot option than him..... or have yall not noticed him catching the ball on 3rd downs a yard short and then spinning around only to loose another yard instead of just falling forward for the first down!!...

YOur crazy if you think he's a legit #2 receiver.. and yes, he starts ahead of Sid.... only to go into the slot on 3-wide sets... If we are to be taken seriously as a balanced offensive team, bobby needs to be the 4th receiver...

He belongs on the bench!!! yes i said it and you can not change my mind on that!!!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'd love to get TJ "Who's-Your-Mamma."
    IM WITH YOU. he would be a great pick up

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"vikings4life33" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'd love to get TJ "Who's-Your-Mamma."
    IM WITH YOU. he would be a great pick up
    I think he'd be a waste of money TBH.

We have Rice, who's a similar receiver(who I actually think will be better than Houshmandzadeh).

I say we let Birk walk, depending on what he's looking for. We can't afford to sign him to a big deal, it's just not worth it at this stage in his career. Sign Jason Brown to replace him.

The rest we'd have to resign are backup players who are not
    very significant to the cap, and there aren't really that many of them.

Do we resign Sharper? I don't really know yet, I like the guy, but he's lost a step. We did draft Tyrell Johnson pretty high up, so hopefully he's ready to fill that hole potentially left by Sharper.

What to do with Kleinsasser? I say we try to keep him, I love Kleinsasser, he's one of my favorite players despite his limited role.

Pick up Albert Haynesworth to replace Pat Williams. I'm sure he'd love to play along side of Kevin Williams and Jared Allen. He's already played in a small market his whole career, so that shouldn't be an issue. We play in a dome so the gameday weather isn't a factor... and he's big as hell so the cold off the field shouldn't be too bad either

Only question is, can we afford him? I think the one thing that will knock down his asking price is his injury he just sustained, he's damaged goods. He seemed to be dinged up quite a bit this season, but I guess that will happen when you're guaranteed to have 600+ pounds hitting you every single play.

Other than those two, I say we just rely on the draft this offseason. Pick up a QB early, 2nd round OT, and the rest would just be for depth.

But what we should really do for now, is focus on the rest of this season, starting with the Atlanta Falcons.

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

WOW, the Ravens are screwed!
    Three LBs ranked in the top seven and all free agents!
    I agree with "Who's your Mama".
    This poor guy has been stuck in loserville with that cancer Chad Johnson for far too long.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    YES he belongs on the bench!!!... we can get and deserve a better slot option than him..... or have yall not noticed him catching the ball on 3rd downs a yard short and then spinning around only to loose another yard instead of just falling forward for the first down!!...

YOur crazy if you think he's a legit #2 receiver.. and yes, he starts ahead of Sid.... only to go into the slot on 3-wide sets... If we are to be taken seriously as a balanced offensive team, bobby needs to be the 4th receiver...

He belongs on the bench!!! yes i said it and you can not change my mind on that!!!
    On his 10 3rd down catches 8 went for first downs. He is also a very good blocker who consistantly sets up AP, hes earned a spot. Hell, if anything he's outperformed Rice IMO. I do think Rice has a lot more potential though

"Vikeman" wrote:

This poor guy has been stuck in loserville with that cancer Chad Johnson for far too long.
    The Ravens were right up against the cap last year too.
    I have a hard time seeing them let either Suggs or Lewis go though.

As for the Vikes, I think they'll be quiet in free agency.
    The key decisions will be our own guys:
    1) re-signing Birk
    2) letting Sharper walk
    3) re-signing Kleinsasser at around $1-1.5 million/year

The big question marks are:
    1) will Tarvaris show enough over the coming Super Bowl run to earn the starting spot?
    If not, do the Vikes draft someone early or try to make a move for a veteran (Warner, McNabb, etc.)?
    2) will McKinnie be a free man next year?
    I expect the Vikes will try to upgrade the RT spot in the draft, but will we need two tackles?
    3) will the Vikes trade Chester Taylor to solve the questions at QB and tackle above?
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

On his 10 3rd down catches 8 went for first downs. He is also a very good blocker who consistantly sets up AP, hes earned a spot. Hell, if anything he's outperformed Rice IMO. I do think Rice has a lot more potential though
    +1
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=bleedpurple link=topic=49630.msg881353#msg881353 date=1229616815]

+1
    [/quote]

While I still think we over paid for Wade, he has been the ONLY consistant receiver we've had for the past few years.
    He catches EVERYTHING.

No, he doesn't stretch the field, and he isn't flashy, but he plays consistantly well.
    I'm happy with Wade in the Slot.

Caine

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:

The big question marks are:
    1) will Tarvaris show enough over the coming Super Bowl run to earn the starting spot?
    If not, do the Vikes draft someone early or try to make a move for a veteran (Warner, McNabb, etc.)?
    2) will McKinnie be a free man next year?
    I expect the Vikes will try to upgrade the RT spot in the draft, but will we need two tackles?
    3) will the Vikes trade Chester Taylor to solve the questions at QB and tackle above?
    1. It all depends on hom TJ will be playing, I do think we let Frerotte go and sign someone to compete with TJ.
    2. McKinnie will be around next year, even though he had legal issues i do like his play. Drafting a RT is key
    3. No!!! That is the most stupid thing we could do IMO.. we need Chester he's very good.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast