Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: **2008 Tailgaters Thread**

I came late one game with my dad and it sucked getting in.
    Get there by 10 and its not too bad.
    I like getting there at 5 or 6 am myself when I can.
    Fire up the xbox and play madden until you folks arrive next year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NeumDog" wrote:
    If the same lots are going to be available next season, we are planning on keeping the same spots.
    Rumor has it the spaces will sell for $1 a pound. Is that true Neum?

What else can one get for $1 a pound. Any Ideas?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleSticky is offline Training Camp

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:
    Well if I buy a parking pass for the season I think it would be safe to assume that the lot will not be full even if I showed up late right?
    I wouldn't bother spending two hundred dollars for a parking pass if I couldn't even get in the lot for every game ya feel me?

I'm going crazy waiting for stub hub to confirm my order for season tix.
    They approved my card but apparently the person holding the tickets has to confirm shipping before they charge it.
    I hope that theres no horror stories about any of you guys getting hosed by stub hub.

Well first, why on earth did you buy season tickets from Stub Hub?

Anyway, you should know that if you show up late, there is really no guarantee that you will get a spot.
    Kind of like an airline reservation.
    Because the season tickets available from the vikings ticket sale department sucked.
    I paid more than they're worth but I can afford it right now.
    Didn't mean to sound like a whiner in my last post.

I plan on getting downtown at about 9 every sunday before the noon games.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleSticky" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:
    Well if I buy a parking pass for the season I think it would be safe to assume that the lot will not be full even if I showed up late right?
    I wouldn't bother spending two hundred dollars for a parking pass if I couldn't even get in the lot for every game ya feel me?

They approved my card but apparently the person holding the tickets has to confirm shipping before they charge it.
    I hope that theres no horror stories about any of you guys getting hosed by stub hub.

Anyway, you should know that if you show up late, there is really no guarantee that you will get a spot.
    Because the season tickets available from the vikings ticket sale department sucked.

You should be just fine for tailgating then.
    Just out of curiosity, what section/row are your seats in, and what was the ticket office offering you?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleSticky" wrote:

Why are you getting season tickets via stub-hub?
    Why not directly from the Vikings?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleSticky" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:

The problem is, by purchasing re-sold season tickets, you do nothing to reduce the likelihood of blackouts in the future, nor do you do anything towards accruing season-ticket-holder credit, which will help if and when the Vikings build a new stadium.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:

The problem is, by purchasing re-sold season tickets, you do nothing to reduce the likelihood of blackouts in the future, nor do you do anything towards accruing season-ticket-holder credit, which will help if and when the Vikings build a new stadium.

=Z=
    Season Ticket holders also get entered in the Super Bowl lottery when the Vikes finally make it again.
    You get one entry for each seat X the number of years you are a ticket holder.

Not to mention your don't get any preseason games (all of the season ticket packages I have seen on Stub Hub are for Regular season games only).
    And even worse, you won't be eligible to buy playoff tickets.

But to each his own.
    I personally wouldn't do it that way, but I am not going to begrudge someone if they simply wanted better seats than were being offered from the TicketOffice.
    If you have the money, I know of one guy who bought season tickets just to get in the system, and would sell his and buy better ones on eBay every game.
    This way he still got to accrue ticket holder credit and still had the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets.
    Then after a few years, his actual tickets were good enough that he didn't need the eBay ones anymore.
    Just a suggestion.

Only about 160 days until the preseason opener guys!
    Looking forward to meeting you at tailgating PurpleSticky.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:
    So did you guys pay for a season pass for the tailgaters lot???
    My main concern is getting into one of the first two lots so I dont have to walk far to get to the dome.
    I don't move so well after a pound of snowcrab and a half dozen jumbo shrimp.
    And yeah I'm going to swing thru the free beer forum soon!
    Actually one of the members on here bought several passes that we all chipped in for if/when we tailgated.

Several of the members actually got there early (gol 'darnit early) and made sure we had the best spots right next to the dome.
    Is there a plan in place for this year for purchasing some spots up front that PP.O tailgaters can contribute too?

It worked well for me last year where I parked in a ramp a few blocks away then hauled my cooler to the PP.O spot.
    Then I just contributed the difference in parking fees to whomever was assigned to collect. Of course I was only able to be there once or twice, but by the end of the year the person that flipped the bill up front got most of his money back.

Unless there's a benefactor though, it probably won't work this year.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Blog Entries

"SKOL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:
    My main concern is getting into one of the first two lots so I dont have to walk far to get to the dome.
    Actually one of the members on here bought several passes that we all chipped in for if/when we tailgated.

Several of the members actually got there early (gol 'darnit early) and made sure we had the best spots right next to the dome.
    Is there a plan in place for this year for purchasing some spots up front that PP.O tailgaters can contribute too?

It worked well for me last year where I parked in a ramp a few blocks away then hauled my cooler to the PP.O spot.
    Then I just contributed the difference in parking fees to whomever was assigned to collect. By the end of the year the person that flipped the bill up front got most of his money back.

Some of us are working on something - but nothing will be finalized until more information comes out.

I plan on purchasing a spot and donating it to PP.O. - if we can raise some money before hand or get some commitments from others I would be willing to buy another at the same time.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"SKOL" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleSticky" wrote:

Then I just contributed the difference in parking fees to whomever was assigned to collect. Of course I was only able to be there once or twice, but by the end of the year the person that flipped the bill up front got most of his money back.

The benefactor got all his money back plus $40, which will go back into the pot for this years spots.
    I am counting on participating again but I can only make it to a limited number of games since I'm in Nebraska.
    I think it would be appropriate for someone closer to organize this year.We probably don't need as many spots. I will gladly donate time and money to help out in any way I can.
    I can't wait to see sticky puke up a pound of snowcrab and several jumbo shrimp after getting into Nodaks purple jello shots!

Just kidding sticky. BTW, we had Victor,cheerleaders, and even Zygi himself stop by the tailgate last year. Look forward to seeing you there.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast