Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    PurpleSticky is offline Training Camp

**2008 Tailgaters Thread**

So at the current moment the Minnesota Vikings and impark are not able to give me a solid answer on whether or not tailgating will be allowed in the lots adjacent to the Metrodome.
    As a first time season ticket holder this concerns me greatly.
    This will be the thread to go to check on the current situation/controversy of tailgating downtown.
    Vike's office people told me via phone that Mr. Wilf sold the lots that were used for tailgating and an agreement has yet to be reached with the new owners.
    I was told that they are expecting to know whats going to happen around may.
    Any updates or opinions are appreciated!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: **2008 Tailgaters Thread**

Last year was a blast and having the ability to tailgate down by the dome was a huge plus for the fans.
    If Wilf disgregarded this and sold the property anyways, I'm disapointed in him.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

They better not take away tailgating!

"marstc09" wrote:
    They better not take away tailgating!
    I know!
    If they take away the lots we used last year, where the hell are we going to go!?
    Tailgating is half the experience!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Last year was a blast and having the ability to tailgate down by the dome was a huge plus for the fans.
    If Wilf disgregarded this and sold the property anyways, I'm disapointed in him.
    I don't think he ever actually owned the lots.
    I thought last year he had contracted to buy them, but the deal fell through, so the Star Trib retained possession.

Anyway, I would assume that tailgating would still be in effect in the same location.
    It was a huge success with the fans, not to mention a decent money making ordeal for the owner of the lot.
    Regardless of who the owner of the lots is right now, they stand to make more money with tailgating than without - the only thing they are probably negotiation is the amount of money that each party gets.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

BTW PurpleSticky, welcome to PP.O. Go introduce yourself in the free beer forum, and congrats on joining the ranks of season ticket holders.
    Hopefully your first year as a holder will be an amazing one!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurpleSticky is offline Training Camp

So did you guys pay for a season pass for the tailgaters lot???
    My main concern is getting into one of the first two lots so I dont have to walk far to get to the dome.
    I don't move so well after a pound of snowcrab and a half dozen jumbo shrimp.
    And yeah I'm going to swing thru the free beer forum soon!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I thought last year he had contracted to buy them, but the deal fell through, so the Star Trib retained possession.

Anyway, I would assume that tailgating would still be in effect in the same location.
    It was a huge success with the fans, not to mention a decent money making ordeal for the owner of the lot.
    Regardless of who the owner of the lots is right now, they stand to make more money with tailgating than without - the only thing they are probably negotiation is the amount of money that each party gets.

Now that you mention that I think your correct...however PurpeSticky's first comment mentioned something about the Viking's office mentioning they sold them...maybe they meant the landowners (not Wilf) sold the lots.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Now that you mention that I think your correct...however PurpeSticky's first comment mentioned something about the Viking's office mentioning they sold them...maybe they meant the landowners (not Wilf) sold the lots.
    Zygi rented the lots from the Star Tribune & then sold the season passes to the tailgaters.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleSticky" wrote:
    So did you guys pay for a season pass for the tailgaters lot???
    My main concern is getting into one of the first two lots so I dont have to walk far to get to the dome.
    I don't move so well after a pound of snowcrab and a half dozen jumbo shrimp.
    And yeah I'm going to swing thru the free beer forum soon!
    Actually one of the members on here bought several passes that we all chipped in for if/when we tailgated.

Several of the members actually got there early (damn early) and made sure we had the best spots right next to the dome.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast