Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

2008 Perspective on Vikes

Watch this video and see what you think?
    A lot can be taken from this interview.
    Listen to Dukes' comments and also to Hutch's.

Hutch:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806919be
    IGNORE the first minute of pro bowl chatter, the meat of the video start about a minute in where they start talking about the Vikings.

Some talking points:
    What do you think the 2008 season looks like?
    How do you see others perceiving the Vikings after the 2007 season?
    What did you like or dislike about Hutch's comments?
    What did you like or dislike about Dukes' comments?

Re: 2008 Perspective on Vikes

Until Dukes said it, it didn't really hit me.
    He said that we were a win now team with this many pro bowlers we should be in contention.
    So even though we didn't make the playoffs this past year, people are to see us as contenders.
    What a difference a year makes!
    We were to have finished in the bottom 4 teams last year.
    Now with the stellar play of AD and the attention he gets us, we are now a playoff contender going into next year.
    We found out a lot about our team in 2007.

Going into next season, we do have some of the holes that don't have a definitive answer to them.
    As was pointed out by Dukes, the most compelling issue is the lack of experience at QB.

I liked how Hutch elaborated on the gelling of the line.
    He said that McKinnie and him made huge strides last season.
    They are one step closer to knowing how each other will react without having to say anything.
    I like what he had to say about AD being humble.
    I like what he said about having confidence in TJ and the main thing was to OWN first down so they don't have to worry so much about 3rd down.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I did notice that Hutch switch verbage a bit when talking about TJack versus AD.
    WHen he was talking about AD, he would say "I" or "Matt Birk and myself".
    But when he switched to TJack, he started speaking with the royal "we".
    It seemed to me like he was giving the Vikings company line rather than his own opinion.

But all in all it was a very positive interview.
    He said all the right things to generate some excitement for the coming year, and I think he genuinely believes most of it. Hutch is obviously a smart guy and comfortable in front of the camera.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

I can't wait for next season after seeing this

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I did notice that Hutch switch verbage a bit when talking about TJack versus AD.
    It seemed to me like he was giving the Vikings company line rather than his own opinion.
    He said all the right things to generate some excitement for the coming year, and I think he genuinely believes most of it. Hutch is obviously a smart guy and comfortable in front of the camera.
    Very nice observation.

I for one don't buy into the whole "Win now" attitude. I see it a bit differently.
    More along the lines of we are seeing the beginings a team like we had back in the days of old when we won all the time no matter who came and went.

Smart drafting, wise spending in FA market allowing us to resign our quality Vets.
    That equates to a "Win all the time" scenario instead of the old mentality of "We better win now cause we will never have good players again" attitude.

Just my opinion of course. Might be a bit skewed by the fact that I am in the heart of a team that doesn't/didn't take that approach (Deadskins) and no thier fans have no future or hope for anything but a poor team for years to come.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NodakPaul" wrote:

That is a great observation.

Also, seems like Dukes tried to bait him into some juicy comments about TJ.
    Hutch didn't fall for it.

The "we" comments could also be more than company line jibberish, if he was seriously trying to convey that they really do believe in him, the we is more definitive than just, "me and Birk."

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Very nice observation.

I for one don't buy into the whole "Win now" attitude. I see it a bit differently.
    More along the lines of we are seeing the beginings a team like we had back in the days of old when we won all the time no matter who came and went.

Smart drafting, wise spending in FA market allowing us to resign our quality Vets.
    That equates to a "Win all the time" scenario instead of the old mentality of "We better win now cause we will never have good players again" attitude.

Just my opinion of course. Might be a bit skewed by the fact that I am in the heart of a team that doesn't/didn't take that approach (Deadskins) and no thier fans have no future or hope for anything but a poor team for years to come.
    One has to wonder if a quality WR would help our QB.
    Is it worth adding one player this year in FA and also build in the draft.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Very nice observation.

A poor team thhat waxed the floor with us. They are also a team thats has stability. We can't even build a stadium for our team.

You may not believe it but we have once in a life time players who are getting old and I expect to get very old , very fast. Sharper comes to mind, Winfield and Birk as well. Richardson will be gone soon. It's possible tha this team will never see the level of play you have in mind. I fear it will soon have to be dismantled and a rebuilding will take place again.

I feel like the guy in the BK commercials only, they took Qbs off the menu...

"GET ME A QBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Very nice observation.

A poor team thhat waxed the floor with us. They are also a team thats has stability. We can't even build a stadium for our team.

You may not believe it but we have once in a life time players who are getting old and I expect to get very old , very fast. Sharper comes to mind, Winfield and Birk as well. Richardson will be gone soon. It's possible tha this team will never see the level of play you have in mind. I fear it will soon have to be dismantled and a rebuilding will take place again.

I feel like the guy in the BK commercials only, they took Qbs off the menu...

"GET ME A QBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!"
    The Redskins are a team that has stability?
    Did you seriously just say that?
    The Redskins are a team of short term free agent contracts, always changing out the guard when the next best thing comes along, just to find themselves courting both the salary cap as well as a .500 record each year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

[size=20pt]jessejames09's year end perspective: 2008[/size]

Kluwe is awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast