Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Andersklasen is offline Training Camp

2008 NFC North Preview

[size=16pt]2008 NFC North Preview[/size]

[size=8pt]Mark Arbonies, Contributer/Bleacher Report[/size]

The biggest story in the NFC North, and in the NFL, is the retirement of Brett Favre. His presence virtually guaranteed that the Green Bay Packers would be competitive every season. Without him, can the Packers continue to build their success with one of the youngest rosters in the league or will the void left by Favre be too great to maintain their championship contender status?It is the biggest story, but it is not the only story. The Chicago Bears have had their share of drama this off-season...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2008 NFC North Preview

What a joke.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Interesting.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

their weak secondary.
    more like, underated secondary that couldnt cover the receivers for 10 seconds a play

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Everyone is fooling themselves to think that Rodgers has a chance to replace Farve.

Farve impacted the game in so many ways:
    * Farve was a focus for the D coordinator game plan, just as teams have to game plan for AD
    * Farve made his receivers look great, YAC came from Farve putting the ball in the place where the receiver could make the moves
    * Farve made it easier for Grant to get his yards, because against Farve, you play pass first and blitz for pressure
    * Farve was a master of making something out of nothing
    * Farve was a Leader through example and motivation.
    * Regardless of the score, with Farve on the field the team had confidence he could win the game
    * Farve was a coach on the field, he could make or recommend adjustments that his O coordinator didn't see
    * Nothing seemed to phase him, his confidence never waivered
    * The guy is an Iron Man, how many starts in a row?

I hate him, but I also respect what he was capable of doing.

Even if Rodgers plays his position well, he won't be able to replace all of Farves intangibles.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

One thing i'm interested in knowing is without Favre throwing to them, how good are Driver and Jennings really?
    more specifically Jennings.
    He really started to show he can be a great young reciever, but is it because of Favre, or is he really a good reciever.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    One thing i'm interested in knowing is without Favre throwing to them, how good are Driver and Jennings really?
    more specifically Jennings.
    He really started to show he can be a great young reciever, but is it because of Favre, or is he really a good reciever.
    Farve made everyone look better!
    * Receivers is obvious
    * OL because Farve performed well under pressure, reducing sacks
    * RB's because teams played pass first
    * Coach because Farve could get the job done, and probably knew more than the coach about how to beat the D
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"gagarr" wrote:
    Everyone is fooling themselves to think that Rodgers has a chance to replace Farve.

* Farve was a focus for the D coordinator game plan, just as teams have to game plan for AD
    * Farve made his receivers look great, YAC came from Farve putting the ball in the place where the receiver could make the moves
    * Farve made it easier for Grant to get his yards, because against Farve, you play pass first and blitz for pressure
    * Regardless of the score, with Farve on the field the team had confidence he could win the game
    * Farve was a coach on the field, he could make or recommend adjustments that his O coordinator didn't see

Even if Rodgers plays his position well, he won't be able to replace all of Farves intangibles.

I recall Edinger's 56 yard FG phased him. Remember the look on his face when the ref signaled good?

Priceless!............

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"gagarr" wrote:

Why do you hate Favre? What reason is there to hate Favre? Personally I like Brett Favre he was great football player and great person.

On the other hand everybody is saying because Favre is gone its a cake walk but we could still kick the sh*t out of the packers even if they had Favre. We could still win the division too, we are and should be better football team then the Packers in 08.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

Why do you hate Favre? What reason is there to hate Favre? Personally I like Brett Favre he was great football player and great person.

On the other hand everybody is saying because Favre is gone its a cake walk but we could still kick the sh*t out of the packers even if they had Favre. We could still win the division too, we are and should be better football team then the Packers in 08.
    I hate all Packers as a matter of course... I gotta say I'm liking Farve more now that he's retired.

I agree, in 2008 we probably would beat the Pack with Farve, but it's much better that he's not there.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast