Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 107
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    "SageVike" wrote:
    WOW WE GOTTA PLAY VICK OFF THE BAT!! thats gonna be T Jack vs his Idol Mann i dont even no about the Detriot game! detriot has gotten good! an then KC!! an GReen Bay Then that Loooonnnng Stretch with playoff teams!!
    Why is Vick TJack's IDOL?
    They play two very different styles...Vick is a runner first...while TJack is a pocket passer first!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    OK, one thing that sucks about the Chi MNF game.
    Chicago plays a Thursday night game the week before at Washington (Dec 6).
    That means that Chicago will have 11 days of rest before coming to Minnesota.
    Yes, but when we play them in Chicago, we're coming off a bye, and they're coming off a Sunday night game at Green Bay. I think that seems fair - both teams have an extended rest before traveling to the opponent's stadium.

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    OK, here are my thoughts on the games...

    September 9 ATLANTA FALCONS
    Opening against Michael Vick is never easy.
    He tends to be better early in the season. However, he is more of a glorified RB than a QB, and Minnesota's strength is stopping the run.
    Our biggest problem last year on D was lack of pass rush.
    We simply couldn't get into the pocket.
    Luckily Vick hates the pocket.
    Plus Bobby Petrino will be trying to change Vick's mechanics.
    I think this will be a strong opener for the Vikings.
    WIN

    September 16 at Detroit Lions
    Detroit will be coming off a win against Oakland, and we should be coming off from a win against Atlanta, so both teams will be fired up.
    We've had Detroit's number for a long time, but all streaks end sooner or later.
    I honestly think this will be a dull game, and could go either way.
    50/50

    September 23 at Kansas City Chiefs
    KC looks a lot like us.
    A team in transition.
    Again, this could be a 50/50 game.
    But I am inclined to give KC the edge because our young QB (whoever that will be) will be playing in Arrowhead for the first time.
    That is a LOUD stadium.
    Trent Green may be gone, which would help us a lot.
    Unfortunately...
    LOSS

    September 30 GREEN BAY PACKERS
    Green Bay, in OUR house, and Fav-re's last year.
    We are a little POed still after getting swept last year.
    No way that happens again.
    WIN

    October 7 BYE

    October 14 at Chicago Bears Noon
    Coming off from the bye we head to Chi town.
    It is early in the season, so that is a plus for us.
    The wind in Chicago in October is horrible, and so is the Bears' starting QB, so I expect this to be a running game.
    That should play into our strengths on defense.
    If the offense is clicking at all by this point we could easily come out of Chicago with a win, but that is being a little too optimistic for my taste.
    LOSS

    October 21 at Dallas Cowboys
    One of the only teams I hate as much as Green Bay.
    If Dallas plays like last year, then their offense will either be on fire or all wet.
    Definitely a winnable game.
    But again, expecting a win here is just getting our hopes up.
    LOSS

    Sunday October 28 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
    Childress has more knowledge of the eagles than any other football team (possible including the Vikes ).
    As long as McNabb is starting, I think we will have the edge.
    Again, if our offense isn't clicking, it won't matter, but I think our defense can keep us in the game to squeak out a win.
    WIN

    Sunday November 4 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    We will be able to stop LT.
    But the team with the best record in the NFL last year won't lie down easily.
    This game will be the season decider for me. If we win, I think we will get the momentum we need to coast into the post season.
    A loss will put us in the same boat as last year.
    LOSS

    Sunday November 11 at Green Bay Packers
    The weather in GB won't be as bad as last year, and they barely won then.
    Sorry Fav-re, but you will be finishing your career against Minny with a loss.
    WIN

    Sunday November 18 OAKLAND RAIDERS
    Welcome back Randy Moss!
    If Jamarcus Russell can learn to work with Randy, this could be a scary offense.
    But he will still be a rookie, and he will be coming into the loudest stadium in the NFL (Screw you Seattle).
    And Oakland needs a LOT of work still.
    WIN

    Sunday November 25 at New York Giants
    Eli Manning may not be his brother, but he can still pick apart a weak cover 2.
    If our pass D isn't shored up this season, this will be a grounding loss.
    NYG will be another tough test for us.
    LOSS

    Sunday December 2 DETROIT LIONS
    Sorry Detroit.
    I may have given you the benefit of the doubt at home and said 50/50, but not in our house.
    WIN

    Sunday December 9 at San Francisco 49ers
    Should be an easy game, but that's what we said last year.
    Of course, the holding call on TT was bullshit, but it shouldn't have mattered.
    I expect us to win, but because of last year I give this a 50/50.
    50/50

    Monday December 17 CHICAGO BEARS
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?
    Who cares if Sunday night is the bigger ticket now, MNF is still awesome!
    And in the dome for the second year in a row!
    I am already making plans!
    This could end up being a key divisional game for both teams.
    The Bears aren't as good as their record implied, nor are the Vikes as bad.
    Plus the Bears have to deal with the curse of s Superbowl loss, and no Tank.
    I think the Vikes will have this one.
    The downside, Chicago will have 11 days rest before coming to the dome...
    WIN

    Sunday December 23 WASHINGTON REDSKINS
    Since this is our last game before Christmas, I am looking forward to seeing the Cheerleaders in their little Santa outfits again!
    I am sure Smoot is looking forward to it too.
    This is another that is too close to call. Plus Portis will be back healthy.
    50/50

    Sunday December 30 at Denver Broncos
    Ending the season away in a tough stadium.
    The Broncos should be fighting for their playoff lives at this point.
    Shanahan IS their coach, so history tells us he will choke.
    But I don't see us pulling this one off.
    LOSS

    If I take the 50/50s at, well 50/50, then we will finish up 9-7 or 8-8.

    I will take 9-7.
    Write it down.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    Here is what I said way back on March 8th.

    ;D

    I am ever the optimist and probably do were purple glasses, however, when you take a look at the 2007 Schedule it will get the NAYSAYERS on this site into true lemming mode and headed for the cliffs


    If I were to pick the games right now, based on what they have done so far and not even taking into account injuries, holdouts and what we do with our team during the Draft and Future trades I would break it down like this.

    Chicago (2)


    (Major upheaval going on right now with the troops = split)
    Detroit (2)



    (This is tough.
    They are trying despite Millen = split)
    Green Bay (2)
    (A team on the upswing even with FAvvvvreee = split)
    at Dallas




    (Loss)
    at New York Giants (Loss)
    Philadelphia


    (Win)
    Washington


    (Win, two years in a row.)
    at Denver




    (Cutler goes through second year jinx = Win)
    at Kansas City
    (Win)
    Oakland




    (Win)
    San Diego



    (Loss)

    7-9

    Taking into account how many close games we lost last year and by putting my purple blinders back on (voting with my heart) gives me a sweep at Detroit, a sweep at the PUCKERS, and Romo faulters and we beat Dallas.

    10-6
    Somehow I left Atlanta off and no one caught it.
    Gonna make that a win.
    New coach, new system excuse, causes Atlanta to suck a bit more than normal.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    This schedule is tough, unless we get some good receivers and TJ plays outstanding, some better pass rush and another corner, I see us only going 6-10.

  6. #26
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    it depends who we get in the draft to say wut there gonna go its a much harder schedule than last year.... so if we go 10-6 i would be estactic

  7. #27
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    Chicago, Dallas, Philly and San Diego on the bounce!? Ouch man. We're gonna have a struggle after the bye-week.

  8. #28
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    Sunday November 4 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    We will be able to stop LT.
    But the team with the best record in the NFL last year won't lie down easily.
    This game will be the season decider for me. If we win, I think we will get the momentum we need to coast into the post season.
    A loss will put us in the same boat as last year.
    LOSS
    I wouldn't agree that this is a season-deciding game. Just because we lose one game to one of the best teams in the NFL does not mean we couldn't have a very respectable season. Nor would the fact that we beat them mean we could "coast into the post season." The Colts lost to both the Texans and the Titans last year (w/ the Titans game around mid-season), but it didn't get either one of those teams into the playoffs. I do think you're right though, in that if we do win this game, there will be some seriously high expectations among us fans thereafter.

    Otherwise, I think your assessment of the rest of the season is really good (though you might have given too much credit to the lions
    ), and the fact is that perhaps I just hope you're wrong about the Chargers game being a season-decider, because I don't think we have a snowball's chance in Tijuana of winning it.

    Of course, we could both be completely wrong when SD blows complete donkey nuts next year.



  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    "The" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

    Sunday November 4 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    We will be able to stop LT.
    But the team with the best record in the NFL last year won't lie down easily.
    This game will be the season decider for me. If we win, I think we will get the momentum we need to coast into the post season.
    A loss will put us in the same boat as last year.
    LOSS
    I wouldn't agree that this is a season-deciding game. Just because we lose one game to one of the best teams in the NFL does not mean we couldn't have a very respectable season. Nor would the fact that we beat them mean we could "coast into the post season." The Colts lost to both the Texans and the Titans last year (w/ the Titans game around mid-season), but it didn't get either one of those teams into the playoffs. I do think you're right though, in that if we do win this game, there will be some seriously high expectations among us fans thereafter.

    Otherwise, I think your assessment of the rest of the season is really good (though you might have given too much credit to the lions
    ), and the fact is that perhaps I just hope you're wrong about the Chargers game being a season-decider, because I don't think we have a snowball's chance in Tijuana of winning it.

    Of course, we could both be completely wrong when SD blows complete donkey nuts next year.
    I actually mean it more in the sense that this could very well be a turning point for the Vikings.
    It will be at the end of a tough four game stretch.
    How well we play in this game will do a lot for our momentum in the next five, where NYG is our toughest opponent.
    A win against SD could translate into more wins.
    A blow out like we had against NE... well, you remember what happened after that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    158

    Re: 2007 Vikings Schedule is here!

    Man ,our schedule is tough... An with the first pick of 2008 NFL draft, the Vikings select...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2007-08 Bowl Schedule
    By BadlandsVikings in forum College Ball
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 08:53 PM
  2. Pigskin Preview - 2007-08 NFL Schedule
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
  3. NFL 2007 off-season schedule.
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 07:48 AM
  4. next year 2007 season schedule right here
    By PurpleHornsOfDestruction in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •