Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: 2007 Guarentee. Williamson will be in the Pro Bowl

"Mystophales" wrote:
    I have to agree with most of you. I really think he will break out next year. I think what he really needs is someone like Cris Carter or Jerry Rice to work with him in the offseason. If Childress has any sense whatsoever he has to address this with more than a eye exam.
    JR and CC can teach him how to tip toe to the sideline and position himself away from a defender ect... they're not going to be able to show him how to look at an object coming at him and how to put his hands around it. How old is he, 20 something? If he can't catch a ball in 20 + years on this earth, what's one more offseason going to do? Troy is a bust. My son catches more balls in his games than Troy does, and he's only nine.

BTW, what's considered a "breakout season"? 15 catches and 1 touchdown? :P

Mystophales is offline Rookie

Re: 2007 Guarentee. Williamson will be in the Pro Bowl

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Mystophales" wrote:
    I have to agree with most of you. I really think he will break out next year. I think what he really needs is someone like Cris Carter or Jerry Rice to work with him in the offseason. If Childress has any sense whatsoever he has to address this with more than a eye exam.
    JR and CC can teach him how to tip toe to the sideline and position himself away from a defender ect... they're not going to be able to show him how to look at an object coming at him and how to put his hands around it. How old is he, 20 something? If he can't catch a ball in 20 + years on this earth, what's one more offseason going to do? Troy is a bust. My son catches more balls in his games than Troy does, and he's only nine.

BTW, what's considered a "breakout season"? 15 catches and 1 touchdown? :P
    I would say breakout season would be 65+ catches and 10 TD's and becoming a solid number 2 reciever.

Teaching from two of the greatest recievers ever certainly wouldn't hurt him any. He obviously had some sort of talent to get a Div 1 scholarship and then get drafted into the pros in the first round. I agree he hasn't shown it yet but can you imagine the amount of pressure on this young guy. From day one people were saying he the replacement for Randy Moss...thats not exactly easy to live up to. Ask TO about coming into a situation like that...he was considered to be the replacement for Jerry Rice as he was getting older and his first couple f years weren't exactly stellar either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123