Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    eelpout72 is offline Starter

Re: 2007 Guarentee. Williamson will be in the Pro Bowl

"Braddock" wrote:
    "eelpout72" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    ....... and they talked about TO and how he had so many athletic skills but couldn't catch the big important catches. then he made that sick catch at the end of the game and won it for the 9er's. That's what TWill needs, "that" catch, a big one where the game relies on him and oince he gets that, he's golden. I feel it coming next season just wait.
    With Williamson's ability to catch the ball, i think that the only way that this will happen is if Tavaris throws the ball really hard and it gets lodged into Williamson's facemask.
    Can't happen , he's got that visor. And come on, TWill did make some nice grabs, esp one-handed ones. we get him the ball, he can do things after the catch. He'll work on it, and now that TJ is possible starter everyone will be revved up and TW will want to be the main man. He'll work at it hard this offseason. Maybe see someone special to help him.
    well maybe he should play without the visor then.
    No really, i hope that he turns it around next year if he is still with us but i have my doubts.
    I guess that im having a hard time forgetting all of his really poor dropped balls (like the times when the football bounced off his shoulder pads or chest).

Skyliner is offline Rookie

I'd like to know what the "great" childress is doing to help correct troy's drops.
    Being the "great coach" he is i'm sure found the problem in troy's technique. Cause nothing builds confidence like making a player take an eye exam and then fazing him out of the offense. :

You have a player who when you drafted him you said was raw and needs work on technique and stuff, then in his second year after missing most of train camp you throw him in the fire as your #1. Then theres reports that childress is planning to cut Troy. Is this the way you treat your players? Is this how he will treat Jackson? If Jackson throws picks in this first games next season does Childress make Jackson take an eye exam then bench him. Is an eye exam really the extent of childress coaching ability. Maybe childress should take an eye exam and be benched for his play calling. Maybe the play sheet is blocking his view of whats going on.

darn hes not gone yet? He has such a hard time catching the ball I think it would take him another ten years before he becomes a good football player. Maybe reciever isnt his position, he might do well as a DB, but just wouldnt have any interceptions (unless it got caught in his facemask ).

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

williamson will break out next year. thats how it is for a lot of young recievers they break out in their third year..like javon walker. i think williamson just needs to let it hang all out and he'll be fine.
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The way the season ended for him, I have a difficult time believing he will even be around next year.

Who knows what the future holds?

poult is offline Asst. Coach

his job is to catch passes.
    if i did my job as bad as he does his, id be fired.
    just cut him, it was an experiment that didnt work out.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Mystophales is offline Rookie

I have to agree with most of you. I really think he will break out next year. I think what he really needs is someone like Cris Carter or Jerry Rice to work with him in the offseason. If Childress has any sense whatsoever he has to address this with more than a eye exam.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Skyliner" wrote:
    I'd like to know what the "great" childress is doing to help correct troy's drops.
    Being the "great coach" he is i'm sure found the problem in troy's technique. Cause nothing builds confidence like making a player take an eye exam and then fazing him out of the offense. :

You have a player who when you drafted him you said was raw and needs work on technique and stuff, then in his second year after missing most of train camp you throw him in the fire as your #1. Then theres reports that childress is planning to cut Troy. Is this the way you treat your players? Is this how he will treat Jackson? If Jackson throws picks in this first games next season does Childress make Jackson take an eye exam then bench him. Is an eye exam really the extent of childress coaching ability. Maybe childress should take an eye exam and be benched for his play calling. Maybe the play sheet is blocking his view of whats going on.
    Yo Tice is the one who picked him. But I really wish that T-roy would seek out help from Cris Carter. Man with his speed and Carter's teachings.....
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Skyliner" wrote:

They gave Troy a lot of extra practice for catching balls.

Just because there is a report that Troy could be cut does not mean it came from Childess.
    It could be media speculation.
    Besides, if they are not performing what should the Vikes do?
    Keep him around because they are nice guys?

I think you are kinda going overboard here.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    darn hes not gone yet? He has such a hard time catching the ball I think it would take him another ten years before he becomes a good football player. Maybe reciever isnt his position, he might do well as a DB, but just wouldnt have any interceptions (unless it got caught in his facemask ).
    On a few of his plays he seemes to "alligator arm" it.
    So, I do not think he really likes contact.

Scratch him off the DB list.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast