cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

2007: Best of Adrian Peterson

[size=13pt]2007: Best of Adrian Peterson[/size]

Highlights of the electrifying Vikings running back in his historic rookie season.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: 2007: Best of Adrian Peterson

The thing that sours me on it is that Childress didn't utilize AP the way he could have in the final 5 or so games of the season. You have to get AP in space somehow. John Madden always says that you have to somehow get the ball into the hands of your playmakers. Somehow. If that means a screen play or an option pass, etc. so be it. Just running AP into a jammed "box" with 8 or even 9 defenders does not cut it. Especially if - like Childress - you were hired to be an offensive mastermind and install a so-called "west coast offense" (which involves throwing short passes to your running back).

All Day is offline Training Camp

that is what i have been saying all along.. if they want to stack 8 or 9 in the box then the worst thing you can do is have him run straight up the middle wich is exactly what we did. I wanted to see more runs to the outside and i really wanted to see more passes to him. as soon as we put peterson in the game we would run it to him and the whole D would all go after him so i woulda hated to see what would happen if he threw a pass because the WR woulda prob been WIDE open

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"All" wrote:
    that is what i have been saying all along.. if they want to stack 8 or 9 in the box then the worst thing you can do is have him run straight up the middle wich is exactly what we did. I wanted to see more runs to the outside and i really wanted to see more passes to him. as soon as we put peterson in the game we would run it to him and the whole D would all go after him so i woulda hated to see what would happen if he threw a pass because the WR woulda prob been WIDE open
    The Vikings DID try to run him outside - and that was exposed by the Niners, who used blitzing corners to stop those runs, a strategy then followed by other teams.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    The thing that sours me on it is that Childress didn't utilize AP the way he could have in the final 5 or so games of the season. You have to get AP in space somehow. John Madden always says that you have to somehow get the ball into the hands of your playmakers. Somehow. If that means a screen play or an option pass, etc. so be it. Just running AP into a jammed "box" with 8 or even 9 defenders does not cut it. Especially if - like Childress - you were hired to be an offensive mastermind and install a so-called "west coast offense" (which involves throwing short passes to your running back).
    You'd probably complain about Childress if he got you laid - and had pizza waiting afterwards.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Getting AP the ball in space is a pretty good idea but either way he's gonna draw attention set him up for little dig routes and such. We need at least 1 more real playmaker to ease defenses from running 8-9 man fronts on our offense. AD it can't be said enough he's a MONSTER
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

cmcwizard is offline Rookie

"cogitans" wrote:
    [size=13pt]2007: Best of Adrian Peterson[/size]

Highlights of the electrifying Vikings running back in his historic rookie season.
    Thanks man.
    That is a nice vid.
    It still gives me chills.
    And lots of things to be excited about for 2008.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "All" wrote:
    The Vikings DID try to run him outside - and that was exposed by the Niners, who used blitzing corners to stop those runs, a strategy then followed by other teams.

=Z=
    Lets all just hope the video is something we will see more of year after year. But yes the did run him ooutside. teams knew that they could not be beat through the air by the Vikes, blame who ever for this, QB, WR, Coaching maybe all three,
    so the teams
    played the run.
    We beat way more team by the run this year than we did the pass. So teams were willing to take that chance.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

CHILLLSSSSSSSSSS

I hope we figure out how to get him some holes and space next year!

Give the kid a little crease and he will give you 80 yards

HoosierVike is offline Starter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cSSHm9rYwQQ

not the same video but still good