Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense

"Tillmanhasnoballs84" wrote:
    Brad is a second rate qb, the reason the bucs won the superbowl that year cuz the defenes that game scored 3tds and was one of the best ever. All brad did was manage the game.
    Precisely.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

You sound like a Packer fan Braddock. That seems to be all a Packer fan has to say when you brag to them about how the Viking are going to beat there butts every year. Brad did not win that SuperBowl or for that matter gget his team there. That defensive did. Same can be said for The Ravens Superbowl run when Trent Dilfer another lucky QB won the superbowl, and may I add like Johnson got cut from his team because he was horrible.

1.Dilfer completed 12 of 25 passes for 153 yards and 1 touchdown.

2.Johnson was 18 of 34 for 215 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception. Pittman had 29 carries for 124 yards. Gannon was 24 of 44 for 272 yards and two touchdowns, with a Super Bowl record five interceptions.

Defensive made all the picks just like last year for Johnson setting him up in good field placement.

Id rather have Vinny Testavarde over Brad Johnson anyday. atleast he can rocket the ball.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    You sound like a Packer fan Braddock. That seems to be all a Packer fan has to say when you brag to them about how the Viking are going to beat there butts every year. Brad did not win that SuperBowl or for that matter gget his team there. That defensive did. Same can be said for The Ravens Superbowl run when Trent Dilfer another lucky QB won the superbowl, and may I add like Johnson got cut from his team because he was horrible.

1.Dilfer completed 12 of 25 passes for 153 yards and 1 touchdown.

2.Johnson was 18 of 34 for 215 yards and two touchdowns, with one interception. Pittman had 29 carries for 124 yards. Gannon was 24 of 44 for 272 yards and two touchdowns, with a Super Bowl record five interceptions.

Defensive made all the picks just like last year for Johnson setting him up in good field placement.
    Point taken, however, why couldn't that happen here? You're right, he didn't WIN that superbowl, but he sure as hell didn't lose it (obviously...) Our defense is strengthening, especially the secondary. Our O-line is strong, as long as it's healthy, and will give him more time to make better decisions. I'm not saying he's fantastic, I'm saying with an improved D from last year to help keep the scores down and an improved O-line to bide him time, he can guide us to a good season. WIN, i don't know, maybe not, but GUIDE that's fine with me. Philly had a star QB and he/they blew it 4 years in a row. You don't need a star QB to win a superbowl, just one that won't lose it for you.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Brad is a second rate qb, the reason the bucs won the superbowl that year cuz the defenes that game scored 3tds and was one of the best ever. All brad did was manage the game.
    Regardless, he did not make many mistakes.
    Which means in a sense, by running the offense without having any mistakes, he ran the offense effeectivly enough to win.

Winning is winning, and losing is losing. He won a superbowl, and managed that team good. He may not have great arm stregth, like trent green...but give brad some credit!

Also, give the poster some credit! At least he stated his opinion with some nice backup facts!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I think if Brad flounders, or goes down due to injury or age or whateverthefuk, we'll get to see what a savior T-Jak is gonna be for our team. He may not lead us to the Super Bowl right away, but game-day experience may be just what he needs to turn us in to perennial playoff contenders.

One way or the other, I think we'll have a good time watching whoever ends up taking Birk's snaps.
    -Sno

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

Here, compare them yourselves.

Brad Johnson

Trent Green

Numbers aren't too far off, only the big yard plays...
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Braddock" wrote:
    Here, compare them yourselves.

Brad Johnson

Trent Green

Numbers aren't too far off, only the big yard plays...
    Here is something even more important to compare:

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Id rather have Vinny Testavarde over Brad Johnson anyday. atleast he can rocket the ball.
    :roll:
    Vinny is too old.

boognish is offline Coordinator

Brad blew our season for us against pittsburgh with the goal line interception where he ignorantly just pushed the ball to koren robinson and underthrew the ball to mrob in double coverage in the endzone. Face it, anyone can manage a game against inferior talent but against good teams, brad johnson is crap. He has the worst arm of all qbs in the nfl and is the least mobile also. Id rather have Joey Harrington or even Kyle Orton.
    Did B. Johnson sleep with your wife, or something? All that hate for our starting QB...wow :shock: . I think Brad might just surprise you this year; the guy knows how to win games.

What's up with the name on your profile, by the way? Are you making a disparaging comment about Pat Tillman?
    I am a dipshit!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast