Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2006 Vikings offense=2003 Chiefs offense

qbs- Trent Green was about 32 and has alot better arm and is smarter than Brad Johnson

Rb- They had Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes, both with better talent than what we ahve

Fb- the same

Wide Receivers- Ours are better by far

Tight End- NO COMPARISANT. Jermaine Wiggins cant even sit in the same bus as Tony Gonzalez or Jason Dunn. Chiefs by an Ocean

Offensive Line- The team of Roaf, Shields, Wiegman, Waters and Welbourn are better than Mckinnie, Hutchinson, Birk, the guy from Philly and Marcus Johnson.

They had a much better qb and their rbs, offensive line and tight ends were alot better. The only thing we have better is our receivers, which can ultimately be the reason we do good on offense this year, thus giving us the edge maybe.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Not to mention in 2002 the Chiefs where the highest scoring team in the NFL. And had besically the same team returning in 2003. Us on the other hand have a dramatically diffrent team returning this year.

Kansas City had the highest 2002 scoring offense in the NFL, averaging 29.1 points per game. Yet, they were 4-4 in games which they scored 30 or more points because their defense gave up 24.9 points a game landing them the number five spot in worst defense in pro football with a ridiculous 390.5 yards allowed per game. They gave up 40 percent of their yardage on just 10 percent of their plays. Coming into his third season, Dick Vermeil takes the field with a team roster that includes Trent Green, Tony Gonzalez, Priest Holmes, and Dante Hall.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

NOT TO MENTION TRENT GREEN WAS NOT WASHED UP AND TIRED COMING INTO 2003.

Started all 16 games at QB for the third consecutive season … Earned his first Pro Bowl invitation and won the 2003 Derrick Thomas Award as the Chiefs MVP, becoming the first QB to win that honor since Steve DeBerg in ‘90 … Completed 330 of 523 passes for 4,039 yards with 24 TDs and 12 INTs, good for a 92.6 rating … Also had 26 carries for 83 yards (3.2 avg.) and tied a career high with two rushing TDs … Had a 7.72 average gain to rank second in the NFL … His 4,039 passing yards finished second in the NFL … Tied for fourth in the NFL with 24 TD passes … His 92.6 QB rating was fourth in the NFL … His 63.10 completion percentage ranked as the third-highest seasonal mark in team history … Was the only QB to own two of the top five passing yardage days in the NFL in 2003 … Had seven games with a 100.0 rating or better (min. 20 atts.) ... Was second in the NFL with 54 completions of 20+ yards, the third-highest tally in club history … Led the club to a 9-0 start for the first time in team history … Started his 36th consecutive game at Baltimore (9/28), passing DeBerg (35) for the second-longest streak by a QB in team history … Connected on 27 of 45 passes for 400 yards with three TDs, good for a 111.3 rating at Green Bay (10/12), to guide the club back from a 17-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 40-34 OT victory. Earned AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors after accumulating 400 passing yards, the fourth-highest single-game total in Chiefs history and the second-highest single-game yardage total ever accumulated in a Kansas City victory. It was his highest output in a Chiefs uniform and the second-highest total of his career. His 45 pass attempts without an interception tied as the second-best single-game mark in team annals … Had a two-yard TD run at Oakland (10/20) ... Threw two TDs vs. Buffalo (10/26) and leveled a key block on CB Nate Clements on RB Priest Holmes’ 15-yard TD run … Enjoyed a 368-yard, three-TD effort vs. Cleveland (11/9) ... Had 313 yards and two TDs at Cincinnati (11/16) ... Posted a 101.1 rating vs. Oakland (11/23), marking his fourth consecutive game with a 100+ rating. Completed his 134th career pass of 20+ yards to bypass QB Elvis Grbac (133) for the top mark in franchise history since the club began tracking the stat in ‘90. Also became the sixth Chiefs quarterback to eclipse the 10,000-yard career passing plateau … Threw a seven-yard TD pass to TE Tony Gonzalez at San Diego (11/30) for his 100th career passing score … Completed a career-high 34 of 47 passes for 397 yards for a 104.7 rating at Denver (12/7). His 34 completions tied as the third-highest single-game total in team history while he set a team single-game record by attempting 47 passes without an INT. It was his 45th consecutive start, bypassing Len Dawson (44) for the longest streak by a QB in team history … Connected on 20 of 25 throws for 341 yards with three TDs, good for a “perfect” QB rating of 158.3 vs. Detroit (12/14). Joined Indianapolis QB Peyton Manning as the only other NFL signal caller to accomplish that feat in 2003 … Started an AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Indianapolis (1/11/04), completing 18 of 30 passes for 212 yards with one TD, good for a 92.6 rating and added three carries for 18 yards. His 92.6 rating was the fifth-highest single-game mark in Chiefs postseason history.

Brad is a second rate qb, the reason the bucs won the superbowl that year cuz the defenes that game scored 3tds and was one of the best ever. All brad did was manage the game.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

1. Trent over Brad anyday.. Trent puts up huge numbers.. Brad puts up 100 yards a game and a td

2. Priest's success came alot from the line.. They had a probowler at every spot almost.. Chester isn't going to get many touches in the WCO.. I heard we should be happy if he gets 800-1000 yards.. I wouldn't even think Chestor is close to becoming the next Priest Holmes

3. Our left side is top notch.. Huge question marks on the right side.. Not even close to how good the Chiefs like was however

4. I had to check out the WR's cuz I forgot who they had.. Eddie Kennison, Johnnie Morton and Dante Hall.. Sami Parker I think too.. Pretty much same boat as us.. Except Morton was actually above average.. I don't think we have an above average WR

5. Wiggins gets the tiny dump passes.. Gonzy gets the long balls and does it all.. I know u said ur not comparing them.. I'm just saying Gonzy is an extra WR basically who creates hugeeeeeeee mismatches.. And for the FB.. Yep it's the same, except he is like 4 years older now

And thier D was pretty damn good from what I saw.. And they didn't have all new coaches.. We are gonna have alot of gelling to do.. 13-3.. No way in hell

One Love

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Tillmanhasnoballs84" wrote:
    Brad is a second rate qb, the reason the bucs won the superbowl that year cuz the defenes that game scored 3tds and was one of the best ever. All brad did was manage the game.
    Regardless, he did not make many mistakes.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    1.Dude you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands to compare Brad Johnson to Trent Green. Brad is not even in the same talent bracket as Trent.
    2. I agree about Taylor however, I feel he will have a stellar season.
    3.Our offensive line will be great I agree assuming everyone stays healthy. If you remember correctly last season everyone had our offensive line rated as the top 3 in the league before all the injuries.
    4.The Chiefs never had question marks at receivers. We however do.
    5.Again are you on crack to compare in any way jERMAINE TO tONY g.

Yes factor it all together. wE WILL NOT GO 13-3 Because the league is much stronger now and we are run by a second rate QB.
    How many superbowl rings does Trent Green have?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Tillmanhasnoballs84" wrote:
    qbs- Trent Green was about 32 and has alot better arm and is smarter than Brad Johnson

Rb- They had Larry Johnson and Priest Holmes, both with better talent than what we ahve

Fb- the same

Wide Receivers- Ours are better by far

Tight End- NO COMPARISANT. Jermaine Wiggins cant even sit in the same bus as Tony Gonzalez or Jason Dunn. Chiefs by an Ocean

Offensive Line- The team of Roaf, Shields, Wiegman, Waters and Welbourn are better than Mckinnie, Hutchinson, Birk, the guy from Philly and Marcus Johnson.

They had a much better qb and their rbs, offensive line and tight ends were alot better. The only thing we have better is our receivers, which can ultimately be the reason we do good on offense this year, thus giving us the edge maybe.
    You're forgetting about defense. We smoke them on that.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Brad blew our season for us against pittsburgh with the goal line interception where he ignorantly just pushed the ball to koren robinson and underthrew the ball to mrob in double coverage in the endzone. Face it, anyone can manage a game against inferior talent but against good teams, brad johnson is crap. He has the worst arm of all qbs in the nfl and is the least mobile also. Id rather have Joey Harrington or even Kyle Orton.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    1. Trent over Brad anyday.. Trent puts up huge numbers.. Brad puts up 100 yards a game and a td

2. Priest's success came alot from the line.. They had a probowler at every spot almost.. Chester isn't going to get many touches in the WCO.. I heard we should be happy if he gets 800-1000 yards.. I wouldn't even think Chestor is close to becoming the next Priest Holmes

3. Our left side is top notch.. Huge question marks on the right side.. Not even close to how good the Chiefs like was however

4. I had to check out the WR's cuz I forgot who they had.. Eddie Kennison, Johnnie Morton and Dante Hall.. Sami Parker I think too.. Pretty much same boat as us.. Except Morton was actually above average.. I don't think we have an above average WR

5. Wiggins gets the tiny dump passes.. Gonzy gets the long balls and does it all.. I know u said ur not comparing them.. I'm just saying Gonzy is an extra WR basically who creates hugeeeeeeee mismatches.. And for the FB.. Yep it's the same, except he is like 4 years older now

And thier D was pretty gol 'darnit good from what I saw.. And they didn't have all new coaches.. We are gonna have alot of gelling to do.. 13-3.. No way in hell

One Love
    I don't think we'll go 13-3. I'm just saying always have hope since people are already writing us off. Oh and the 2003 chiefs had a terrible defense. Ours is much better.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast