Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: 2005 draft

  1. #11
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    2005 draft

    i REALLY like marlin jackson also. he tackled cedric benson extremely well for a cb, i was amazed. saved some tds against texas, but they ran away from him most the time. he still caught up w/ young a couple times. :shock: I WANT PETERSON. that would be the :king: for us right now in the FA.

  2. #12
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: 2005 draft

    2 players I love played for auburn. Carlos Rogers a CB and Junior Rosegreen a safety. Rosegreen hasn't declared for the draft, he is a junior(no pun intended). I love that kid though. He is extremely athletic. He played CB early at auburn and switched to safety this year. He has speed, athleticism, and will absolutely knock your head off if you go over the middle. I saw him in one game this year, he knocked a WR out well before he hit the ground. This is the kind of safety I think we need to significantly improve our D. But again, I don't even know if he is leaving school for sure. Oh yeah, and he also lead auburn in int's this year too.

    Carlos Rogers is a great CB too. He actually won the award for best CB in college football this year, over antrell rolle. I do think antrell rolle is a stud CB, but rogers would be a great pick around the 20 spot, which is where we will probably pick. He is fast and has pretty good size. He is an excellent tackler, which he showed against Va Tech, in their bowl game. He would come in and take over the #2 CB spot, for brian williams, no doubt about it.


    As far as LB's go, we have a lot of young Lb's already, so it would be risky to draft another young guy. The only sure bet first day starter at LB in this years draft, is derrick johnson from texas. He will start day 1 and be dominant too. Personally we would be better off using are large amount of cap space on Julian Peterson, or if not him, then kendrell bell, will witherspoon, tommy polley, or mark fields. Those guys are all proven vets that could help our Lb position and help our young LB's out.

    Also don't sleep on a D-lineman in the 1st round too. We all know how tice likes the best player available approach. We will be losing hovan(good riddens!) and also could use another DE, since mixon is invisible when he is out there. DT and DE definitely aren't high on our list, but if the BPA is a DE or DT, we might grab one.

  3. #13
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: 2005 draft

    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    2 players I love played for auburn. Carlos Rogers a CB and Junior Rosegreen a safety. Rosegreen hasn't declared for the draft, he is a junior(no pun intended). I love that kid though. He is extremely athletic. He played CB early at auburn and switched to safety this year. He has speed, athleticism, and will absolutely knock your head off if you go over the middle. I saw him in one game this year, he knocked a WR out well before he hit the ground. This is the kind of safety I think we need to significantly improve our D. But again, I don't even know if he is leaving school for sure. Oh yeah, and he also lead auburn in int's this year too.

    Carlos Rogers is a great CB too. He actually won the award for best CB in college football this year, over antrell rolle. I do think antrell rolle is a stud CB, but rogers would be a great pick around the 20 spot, which is where we will probably pick. He is fast and has pretty good size. He is an excellent tackler, which he showed against Va Tech, in their bowl game. He would come in and take over the #2 CB spot, for brian williams, no doubt about it.


    As far as LB's go, we have a lot of young Lb's already, so it would be risky to draft another young guy. The only sure bet first day starter at LB in this years draft, is derrick johnson from texas. He will start day 1 and be dominant too. Personally we would be better off using are large amount of cap space on Julian Peterson, or if not him, then kendrell bell, will witherspoon, tommy polley, or mark fields. Those guys are all proven vets that could help our Lb position and help our young LB's out.

    Also don't sleep on a D-lineman in the 1st round too. We all know how tice likes the best player available approach. We will be losing hovan(good riddens!) and also could use another DE, since mixon is invisible when he is out there. DT and DE definitely aren't high on our list, but if the BPA is a DE or DT, we might grab one.


    Also, jimmy williams from va tech, if we use him at safety. I don't ilke him at CB, which he played this year at va tech. He is really athletic and is a good tackler. I am a va tech fan, so I saw a lot of him and a lot of deangelo hall when he played there, and hall was definitely a better CB than williams at va tech, so that is a little bit of a measurement on williams for me. I do like williams athleticism at safety. A lot of the pro scouts seem to think he might be better suited for saftey in the NFL and I agree. It wouldn't be all bad, to draft a good DB, that could play CB or safety either though.

  4. #14
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    2005 draft

    I'm kinda leary of drafting somebody who played CB in college and then move him to saftey in the NFL. Not only will he have to adapt to the NFL but to play a position he doesnt even have experience at is really risky.

    I'm a firm believer in drafting players that have experience in the position they will be playing in the NFL.

  5. #15
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    2005 draft

    "vikes09" wrote:
    do you mean ahmod brooks??? no. theres only a cb coming from maryland and no one else in the top 100 nfl draft prospects.Shawne Merriman ???
    Shawn Merriman...that's the guy...he is a player...maybe not a first rounder, but we have to pick in the later rounds too and he just may be a steal in the fourth round (remember, where MM and SOD were picked)!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #16
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    2005 draft

    "vikingstw" wrote:
    I'm kinda leary of drafting somebody who played CB in college and then move him to saftey in the NFL. Not only will he have to adapt to the NFL but to play a position he doesnt even have experience at is really risky.

    I'm a firm believer in drafting players that have experience in the position they will be playing in the NFL.


    No, he played safety for all but one year, this year. When deangelo hall left, they moved him to CB for the season, because he was their best CB on the team. He was also their best safety on the team.

  7. #17
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    2005 draft

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    do you mean ahmod brooks??? no. theres only a cb coming from maryland and no one else in the top 100 nfl draft prospects.Shawne Merriman ???
    Shawn Merriman...that's the guy...he is a player...maybe not a first rounder, but we have to pick in the later rounds too and he just may be a steal in the fourth round (remember, where MM and SOD were picked)!


    We have to use our lucky 4th rounder on another Rb this year. When bennett is traded, there will be a roster spot open for one too.

  8. #18
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    2005 draft

    Just from that list on the first page it looks like a very good defensive draft with a lot of DEs and LBs....could be a good thing for the Vikes who are in desperate need of some more good linebackers.

  9. #19
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    2005 draft

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Just from that list on the first page it looks like a very good defensive draft with a lot of DEs and LBs....could be a good thing for the Vikes who are in desperate need of some more good linebackers.

    I don't agree with that list. I think the first round is gonna be very deep in DB's. There should be 3-5 CB's taken in the 1st round and a couple safeties. We need to snacth one of these DB's.

  10. #20
    VikesFan111 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    144

    2005 draft

    I forgot about Rogers! We need to draft secondary this year. #2 and #3 corners and some new safeties. Maybe, just maybe put B Will at safety. I dunno?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking Back: 2005 draft
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
  2. (MERGED) Vikings Draft 2005...The Lame Duck Draft!!!?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 08:50 PM
  3. 2005 NFL Draft....
    By michaelmazid in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 02:31 AM
  4. GB 2005 mock draft
    By AngloVike in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 06:59 AM
  5. 2005 Draft
    By ADubya26 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •