SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

2005-2006 Deja Vu?

Remember in 2005. All we had to do is beat the Redskins and we were in. We lost. But the panthers lost too, so we got into the playoffs. 2006.. All we had to do is beat the ravens, and we are in the playoffs. We lose, and then lose the next finale.

Im just nervous, seems like we always choke on this pressure games.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I wouldn't call it a choke if we don't get in my friend. I'd call it a young team playing inconsistently like a young team does.

One thing to take from all of this......Something Leslie said in this article.....

“That game helped us in some ways,” Frazier said at his Monday press conference. “We found out a lot about ourselves on the road and I told our players after that game that I thought that, more than any point in our season, we had played as a team. I really felt like we were coming together at the right time. I’m sure when they heard me say that they were like, ‘What’s he talking about? We just lost to our rivals on the road.’ But I saw something in our team in that game that made me believe we had a chance to really take off.”
    Packers game a turning point; Winfield has broken hand | StarTribune.com

This season, although it has been extremely fun at times and extremely maddening as well has always been more about this team learning to play like a team under the new coaching staffs schemes.

Look at the defense how it has gotten better almost every week with alot of our young guys really stepping to the forefront. Look at how our OL has really re-established itself (along with our WR's) as a damn fine blocking unit when it comes to getting our premier weapon lose.

And all of this has been done with glaring holes in some of the most important areas.

Deja Vu? Maybe. Growth towards a brighter future. Most definently.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Remember in 2005. All we had to do is beat the Redskins and we were in. We lost. But the panthers lost too, so we got into the playoffs. 2006.. All we had to do is beat the ravens, and we are in the playoffs. We lose, and then lose the next finale.

This team has a different feel to it. Unusual for a Vikings team, they are playing their best ball in December.

When they play well, they seem like they can beat any other team.

When they beat the niners and Texans in convincing fashion, the national media said those teams were flat. Well anyone who watched the tape realized they were flattened, by a pretty good Vikings team.

I've said all along, if this team gets a little better play out of it's quarterback, this team will be pretty good.

Although the Green Bay team they play this week will be a much better team than the last time they met, I think the Vikings win.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    2008 deja Vu

Vikings needed a win OR a Bears loss week 17 to get in the playoffs. Both ended up happening but winning the game ourselves was an awesome moment!
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    I hope it is deja vu of week 13 but with one little tweak. No interception in the endzone.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post

To be fair, I wouldn't call losing to the Packers on a hot streak choking.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    This team has a different feel to it. Unusual for a Vikings team, they are playing their best ball in December.

When they play well, they seem like they can beat any other team.

When they beat the niners and Texans in convincing fashion, the national media said those teams were flat. Well anyone who watched the tape realized they were flattened, by a pretty good Vikings team.

I've said all along, if this team gets a little better play out of it's quarterback, this team will be pretty good.

Although the Green Bay team they play this week will be a much better team than the last time they met, I think the Vikings win.
    3 straight late in the season against what was supposed to be our hardest part of the schedule.......

Excellent post my friend. Excellent indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg