Thread: 2004 schedule

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

2004 schedule

I was looking over the schedule, and noticed something interesting. Only one of the Vikings first 8 games is against an NFC North rival (Week 3 vs CHI). The other 5 divisional games take place in the second half of the season. That seems like a very strange schedule to me, and I'm not sure if that favors us or not. Divisional games are always a bit more heated, and a bit more unpredictable.

That also means we only have one non-divisional road game in the second half of the season (we face Jacksonville, Seattle, and travel to Washington to end the season).

I'm just not sure what to make of all this.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

2004 schedule

it is not a very nice schedule in my opinion, but i liked having all our divisional opponents early in the season, it was nearly enough to lock it up, but either way we play through it, we did get shortchanged on rest time between games but oh well, got to take it as it goes.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

2004 schedule

Packers schedule is similar. Will make a exciting end to the season, won't it? Whoever wins can win on their own, and not have to rely on Arizona to win or lose it for us.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

2004 schedule

Thats very true Los... I do like to get the division teams outta the way, but its a good point that you make

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

2004 schedule

You guys finish Detroit, GB, Washington....we finish Jacksonville, Minn, Chicago.

Nothing will be decided until the last couple of weeks, and it will be decided by mostly division games. Personally, I wish we were playing the Vikings in Week 17 instead of 16. If we're close, let's settle it on the field.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

2004 schedule

It may very well turn out to be a good thing. We're pretty good at turning it up early in the season, but once we think we've got it locked up, we tend to slack off. Having the division games at the end of the year gets us pumped up and playing well at the right time.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

2004 schedule

I'm feeling good about the talent on our team, and the mentality on our coaching staff. I dont care a bout the schedule, who we play wont matter, when we play well we cant be beat. Be it the long ball, the break away runs, the INT's or what ever... If it comes together, we win that football game. One game at a time, One W at a time, One Championship at a time.