Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

2004 Packers excuse list

OK packman let's see what you guys will be saying when you're watching us in the playoffs this year!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

2004 Packers excuse list

Now that's funny!!
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

2004 Packers excuse list

blame it on everything but the team /
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

2004 Packers excuse list

Everyone knows they will just go to the "we've won 12 championships, blah blah blah". Most of those so-called championships were like in the 1920's when there were only a few teams in the league, so who cares?!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

2004 Packers excuse list

I admit... those are good Its goona be a fun season...
    3 Straight Division Champs

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

2004 Packers excuse list

As funny as this could be (payback for some Packer fan polls, no doubt), I will refrain from voting on this one. I honestly think the Packers have a great shot at a wild card this season, and hence, probably won't miss the postseason.

But some potential excuses you may have missed...

"NFL schedule makers had it in for the Pack. Why else would they have sent us to the defending NFC Champions house to open the season, make us play the Rams at home when the weather was still good, and make us play a Friday Christmas Eve game against those damn ViQueens?"

"Sherman can't coach worth a damn. Fire his ass and get Holmgren back!"

"We woulda won the Super Bowl if McKenzie and Jackson had just kept their mouths shut and played football!"

"What do you expect when those idiots trade up to draft a g*dd*mned punter!"

"If only they'd have been able to keep Irv on life support!" (sorry, jk, tasteless I know, but often used as motivation for BF last year)

"If they'da asked McKenzie first, we wouldn'a wound up with that idiot Slovik as defensive coordinator!"

"All those illegal contact penalties against McKenzie and Harris were BS! Those refs don't know the first thing about playing clean, hard-nosed football!"

"Damn Vikings got lucky, that's all"

"Next year, we'll draft some cornerbacks that can actually cover somebody, if we don't trade up to get a long snapper for that damn punter!"
    SKOL VIKINGS!

2004 Packers excuse list

LOL -- nice PurplePat -- I think this list could go one forever ...
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

2004 Packers excuse list

You forgot, "Gee I wish we could play the queenies in every superbowl because they never win".
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

2004 Packers excuse list

"purplepat" wrote:
    lol that's a good one.

"Well I figured a third round pick punter would be good but I didn't expect him to be on the field THAT much!"
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

2004 Packers excuse list

"purplepat" wrote:
    As funny as this could be (payback for some Packer fan polls, no doubt), I will refrain from voting on this one. I honestly think the Packers have a great shot at a wild card this season, and hence, probably won't miss the postseason.

But some potential excuses you may have missed...

"NFL schedule makers had it in for the Pack. Why else would they have sent us to the defending NFC Champions house to open the season, make us play the Rams at home when the weather was still good, and make us play a Friday Christmas Eve game against those damn ViQueens?"

"Sherman can't coach worth a damn. Fire his ass and get Holmgren back!"

"We woulda won the Super Bowl if McKenzie and Jackson had just kept their mouths shut and played football!"

"If only they'd have been able to keep Irv on life support!" (sorry, jk, tasteless I know, but often used as motivation for BF last year)

"If they'da asked McKenzie first, we wouldn'a wound up with that idiot Slovik as defensive coordinator!"

"All those illegal contact penalties against McKenzie and Harris were BS! Those refs don't know the first thing about playing clean, hard-nosed football!"

"Damn Vikings got lucky, that's all"

"Next year, we'll draft some cornerbacks that can actually cover somebody, if we don't trade up to get a long snapper for that damn punter!"
    All good, all good. Does it count that my mother was 8 months pregnant with me when the Packers won their 11th championship? Then I would have "seen" two!!!

In a tongue-in-cheek moment, I want to say how wonderful it is that you all have regained your sense of humor since last January. I thought this place was going to be a morgue forever! :P
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast