singersp is offline PPO Newshound

2 Vikings top Forbes' most 'overpaid' list

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    So - here are the 2013 cap numbers for the Vikings:
    » Over the Cap- Minnesota Vikings 2013 Salary Cap and Contracts

I look at that list and think the two most overpaid are Jared Allen and Letroy Guion.

Felton's cap number AFTER a Pro Bowl year blocking for a 2000+ MVP is only $1.66 million. No effing way is that overpaid.

The Carlson argument is solid - but he did restructure his deal after being a non-factor last year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I thought Forbes was a business oriented company. When did they become football experts? Their opinions on a players' worth is very suspect.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    One of the dumbest articles I've read. Felton had an amazing season. Carlson was disapointing, but he's a backup TE. It's very hard to make a lot of plays as a back up. His true value will only be seen if Rudolph goes down and he has to step in as the starter.
    This is the article that the article is about.
    The NFL's Most Overpaid Players 2013 - In Photos: The NFL's Most Overpaid Players 2013 - Forbes

I can't find the source for there player value chart. "as measured by Pro-Football-Reference.com's Approximate Value statistic"
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 08-15-2013 at 11:43 AM.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So - here are the 2013 cap numbers for the Vikings:
    » Over the Cap- Minnesota Vikings 2013 Salary Cap and Contracts

I look at that list and think the two most overpaid are Jared Allen and Letroy Guion.

Felton's cap number AFTER a Pro Bowl year blocking for a 2000+ MVP is only $1.66 million. No effing way is that overpaid.

The Carlson argument is solid - but he did restructure his deal after being a non-factor last year.

=Z=
    Would have to agree Felton was an All Pro and Pro Bowler and his salary is like 5th or 6th in the league for his position this year...I think the guy hitting #1 salary is the same value as Felton's 3 year deal

Jared Allen is like the 2nd highest salary of this year behind Manning and his production was down if I recall last season

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Jerome Felton "I don't care"

Jerome Felton, the fullback who accumulated no rushing stats but helped Adrian Peterson compile many of them, was dubbed the most overpaid, with his new three-year, $7.5 million deal....

“Wow,” Felton said, via Tom Pelissero of USA Today. “I don’t care.”

...spot in front of Peterson, takes pride in the 2,097 yards the guy behind him gained.

“If I can stay out of his way,” Felton said, “hopefully he can get 2,500 yards. According to Forbes.”
    LINK