Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    so for those of us not familiar with US/MN politics what does this mean in laymans terms?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    so for those of us not familiar with US/MN politics what does this mean in laymans terms?
    In a nutshell it means that as they deliberate they will whittle away at anything that is advantageous to the average citizens of the state and end up with a bill that works out really well for a few people who have a large amount of money and then they will build something. Then they will figure out in a few years they should have built it differently....

Purple Floyd wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    In a nutshell it means that as they deliberate they will whittle away at anything that is advantageous to the average citizens of the state and end up with a bill that works out really well for a few people who have a large amount of money and then they will build something. Then they will figure out in a few years they should have built it differently....
    Or, as with all bills, they will allow a couple of the "No" voters to attach a couple of thier little projects to it, so they can get enough votes.

Bungalow Bill is offline Waterboy

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    From my limited political understanding the bill did not receive enough votes in the committee that it was referred to be reported back to the House floor. It is essentially done for. Someone could introduce a bill with the exact duplicate legislation or a different stadium bill but with only a couple weeks left to this legislative (state constitution says they can't meet any later then May 17th) we won't see a new stadium bill till next session (January 2011).
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Bungalow Bill wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    From my limited political understanding the bill did not receive enough votes in the committee that it was referred to be reported back to the House floor. It is essentially done for. Someone could introduce a bill with the exact duplicate legislation or a different stadium bill but with only a couple weeks left to this legislative (state constitution says they can't meet any later then May 17th) we won't see a new stadium bill till next session (January 2011).
    Time is a tickin'. Hope they get something done.

BTW, nice avatar...lol
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456