Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Just out of curiosity, which teams are you referring to?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    So is my statement wrong?
    The implication is. Saying that the Vikings struggle to sell out because they did so one out of 13 years is an exaggeration, and implies that they routinely struggle to sell out.

    Using that same logic, I could say that Joe Mauer struggles to hit because he went 0-4 in yesterday's game against the BoSox. He is batting .353 for the season right now, and is at .327 for his career.
    I see, so you read into my comment looking for a hidden meaning.

    Trust me my friend, the only meaning that could be hidden in all of that is spelled out pretty clear when I further elaborated on the discussion point about the product on the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,569

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Teams like Jacksonville?

    One year out of 13 is nothing to be ashamed of. That year was a standoff year between the fans and the coach.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Just out of curiosity, which teams are you referring to?
    I can almost quote them from just from the last 5 years drafts......

    Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns


    That isn't to say that there aren't some Jags, Lions, Rams teams either.

    I guess I just always thought our fan base was alot bigger and more loyal than what it is. When we suffered with attendance and then the whole "Booing" thing happened, I guess my bubble was burst a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Just out of curiosity, which teams are you referring to?
    I can almost quote them from just from the last 5 years drafts......

    Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns


    That isn't to say that there aren't some Jags, Lions, Rams teams either.

    I guess I just always thought our fan base was alot bigger and more loyal than what it is. When we suffered with attendance and then the whole "Booing" thing happened, I guess my bubble was burst a bit.
    I thought the Raiders were one of the teams that might move to LA?

    And for the other two:

    Redskins - New stadium as of 1997...
    Browns - New stadium as of 1999... and already moved once...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Just out of curiosity, which teams are you referring to?
    I can almost quote them from just from the last 5 years drafts......

    Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns


    That isn't to say that there aren't some Jags, Lions, Rams teams either.

    I guess I just always thought our fan base was alot bigger and more loyal than what it is. When we suffered with attendance and then the whole "Booing" thing happened, I guess my bubble was burst a bit.
    I thought the Raiders were one of the teams that might move to LA?

    And for the other two:

    Redskins - New stadium as of 1997...
    Browns - New stadium as of 1999... and already moved once...
    Are we talking attendance or stadium moves?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Just out of curiosity, which teams are you referring to?
    I can almost quote them from just from the last 5 years drafts......

    Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns


    That isn't to say that there aren't some Jags, Lions, Rams teams either.

    I guess I just always thought our fan base was alot bigger and more loyal than what it is. When we suffered with attendance and then the whole "Booing" thing happened, I guess my bubble was burst a bit.
    I thought the Raiders were one of the teams that might move to LA?

    And for the other two:

    Redskins - New stadium as of 1997...
    Browns - New stadium as of 1999... and already moved once...
    Are we talking attendance or stadium moves?
    Either one you'd like.

    We have a longer sellout streak than both those teams and still no stadium.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Just out of curiosity, which teams are you referring to?
    I can almost quote them from just from the last 5 years drafts......

    Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns


    That isn't to say that there aren't some Jags, Lions, Rams teams either.

    I guess I just always thought our fan base was alot bigger and more loyal than what it is. When we suffered with attendance and then the whole "Booing" thing happened, I guess my bubble was burst a bit.
    I thought the Raiders were one of the teams that might move to LA?

    And for the other two:

    Redskins - New stadium as of 1997...
    Browns - New stadium as of 1999... and already moved once...
    Are we talking attendance or stadium moves?
    Either one you'd like.
    Look, I stepped out into the void and prepped to discuss this with the Guru of Stadium (NodakPaul) and now you want to spin me off on another tangent.

    Not sure if a yutz like me can deal with both fronts.

    We have a longer sellout streak than both those teams and still no stadium.
    Isn't that the saddest part of all of this?

    Back to my one of my points. My belief that we had one of the biggest and most knowledgable fan bases was completely burst when the streak ended (or almost did). Mix in the playoff debacle and the fans booing a winning team just messed with my mind.

    Suffice it to say, other than the Noodle putting on Purple and Gold, those were sad days in Marrdro's world which makes me kindof agree with my good friend BLV. Move em someplace were they will be appreaciated by a fan base that will support them, even when they might not have the product everyone seems to believe is the best.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

    Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Thank you Brett Favre.

  10. #30
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

    After the Vikes win the Super Bowl, some kind of stadium proposal will go through.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings and Adrian Peterson Exchanging Proposals
    By MulletMullitia in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
  2. Vikings | C. Brooks works out for team Tuesday
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 01:08 PM
  3. Texans exchange proposals with Bush, Williams
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 06:02 PM
  4. checking to see if my sig works
    By michaelmazid in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 02:14 AM
  5. Bruce Smith works with Vikings
    By vikesfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 12:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •