NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Just out of curiosity, which teams are you referring to?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    So is my statement wrong?
    The implication is. Saying that the Vikings struggle to sell out because they did so one out of 13 years is an exaggeration, and implies that they routinely struggle to sell out.

Using that same logic, I could say that Joe Mauer struggles to hit because he went 0-4 in yesterday's game against the BoSox. He is batting .353 for the season right now, and is at .327 for his career.
    I see, so you read into my comment looking for a hidden meaning.

Trust me my friend, the only meaning that could be hidden in all of that is spelled out pretty clear when I further elaborated on the discussion point about the product on the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.

Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.
    Teams like Jacksonville?

One year out of 13 is nothing to be ashamed of. That year was a standoff year between the fans and the coach.

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I can almost quote them from just from the last 5 years drafts......

Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns

That isn't to say that there aren't some Jags, Lions, Rams teams either.

I guess I just always thought our fan base was alot bigger and more loyal than what it is. When we suffered with attendance and then the whole "Booing" thing happened, I guess my bubble was burst a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns

I guess I just always thought our fan base was alot bigger and more loyal than what it is. When we suffered with attendance and then the whole "Booing" thing happened, I guess my bubble was burst a bit.
    I thought the Raiders were one of the teams that might move to LA?

And for the other two:

Redskins - New stadium as of 1997...
    Browns - New stadium as of 1999... and already moved once...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns

And for the other two:

Are we talking attendance or stadium moves?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns

And for the other two:

Either one you'd like.

We have a longer sellout streak than both those teams and still no stadium.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Raiders
    Deadskins
    Browns

And for the other two:

Either one you'd like.
    Look, I stepped out into the void and prepped to discuss this with the Guru of Stadium (NodakPaul) and now you want to spin me off on another tangent.

Not sure if a yutz like me can deal with both fronts.

We have a longer sellout streak than both those teams and still no stadium.
    Isn't that the saddest part of all of this?

Back to my one of my points. My belief that we had one of the biggest and most knowledgable fan bases was completely burst when the streak ended (or almost did). Mix in the playoff debacle and the fans booing a winning team just messed with my mind.

Suffice it to say, other than the Noodle putting on Purple and Gold, those were sad days in Marrdro's world which makes me kindof agree with my good friend BLV. Move em someplace were they will be appreaciated by a fan base that will support them, even when they might not have the product everyone seems to believe is the best.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Thank you Brett Favre.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

After the Vikes win the Super Bowl, some kind of stadium proposal will go through.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast