Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    More and more am I disliking Pawlenty. How about this, Mr. Governor.. Why don't you sit down with the team in the legislation and get talking at least? At this rate, I'm starting to believe more and more that this state doesn't deserve the Vikings.
    They don't deserve them

They lost the Lakers, North Stars and almost lost the Twins twice. The longer this takes what makes anyone think the Vikings are staying?
    You are always the first to say they will move but you are wrong as usual. I dont know why it is that you want to see them move, perhaps you are selfish and want them to move close to you?

The good news is that Pawlenty is actually talking about getting something done, this is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

raptorman is offline Starter

The good news is that Pawlenty is actually talking about getting something done, this is a step in the right direction in my opinion.
    Ever notice how he changed his tune after he came out and said he would not seek a third term? He has nothing to lose now by backing a stadium deal. It will be the next guys problem.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

raptorman wrote:
    Ever notice how he changed his tune after he came out and said he would not seek a third term? He has nothing to lose now by backing a stadium deal. It will be the next guys problem.
    Right on. I have had plenty of Pawlenty and will be glad to see him go but it is refreshing to know that he is now listening. I wouldnt call it a problem either.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.
    I am curious by this statement. We have had one year - ONE - in the past 13 in which we struggled to sell out the stadium. That was the only year where any corporate help was needed.
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    So is my statement wrong?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    While I agree with you, we also struggled to sellout a home playoff game that year. That's pretty embarrassing... not like I did anything to help though.
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:

C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I guess I should look on the bright side, I wouldn't have been able to see a playoff game (never saw one before) if they wouldn't have had issues.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PackSux! wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Its hard to get excited about TJack leading your team in the playoffs. :unsure:
    I hear ya, however, that is my exact point.

Again, there are other teams out there who have shitty teams, and yet, they don't have the concerns we do.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    So is my statement wrong?
    The implication is. Saying that the Vikings struggle to sell out because they did so one out of 13 years is an exaggeration, and implies that they routinely struggle to sell out.

Using that same logic, I could say that Joe Mauer struggles to hit because he went 0-4 in yesterday's game against the BoSox. He is batting .353 for the season right now, and is at .327 for his career.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast