Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1511629.shtml?cat=1

Plan A calls for a $698 million stadium financed over 40 years, not the usual 30. The stadium would be financed through a seven-county tax on hotel lodging, a sports-memorabilia tax and a rental-car tax. The plan would also require $233 million from the Vikings.

Plan B also calls for a $698 million stadium. Under the plan, the Vikings would pay the debt service of $42 million per year during the first ten years.

During the next 30 years, existing entertainment taxes in downtown Minneapolis that now go to pay off debt from the Minneapolis Convention Center would be diverted to the Vikings stadium.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Re: 2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

$698 million... There is no way they have a retractable roof for that price. So that means the proposal is looking at an open air stadium or a fixed roof.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Re:2 Vikings stadium proposals in the works

The article overall doesn’t have a very optimistic feel about it. I thought we needed some kind of deal this year, an extension or something.

Plus, forty years is a long time to be locked into stadium payments. If you’re going to do something like that, you better invest the money to have a great stadium that will hold up to the test of time.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Could be the stadium is designed to be a closed roof or an open one but with the design features allowing for the addition of a retractable at a later date.

I don't know how much the original metrodome cost but it was home to more than one team so had a fairly hard life and I didn't think it was all that bad considering (I deliberately didn't drink much before the game though).

If you guys could see some of the stadiums here that are nearly a 100 years old the HHH looks like a national stadium.

Whatever the decision it is likely to involve a compromise because the timescales are against us and even if the could get full funding for an all singing all dancing stadium is there time to build it?
    Purple till i die

Blog Entries

Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    Could be the stadium is designed to be a closed roof or an open one but with the design features allowing for the addition of a retractable at a later date.

I don't know how much the original metrodome cost but it was home to more than one team so had a fairly hard life and I didn't think it was all that bad considering (I deliberately didn't drink much before the game though).

If you guys could see some of the stadiums here that are nearly a 100 years old the HHH looks like a national stadium.

Whatever the decision it is likely to involve a compromise because the timescales are against us and even if the could get full funding for an all singing all dancing stadium is there time to build it?
    I would think it could be designed as an open air with a roof option in the future. I don't think it could start with a fixed roof and then be converted easily, but I guess anything's possible.

As far as the dome, it isn't the quality of the stadium that is the biggest problem. It is the complete lack of revenue generating seats. And unfortunately it was built as cheap as possible and was already outdated when it opened in 1982. You get what you pay for I guess.

I am OK with financing a stadium for 40 years, as long as we built a stadium that will be viable for 40 years.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Mark_The_Viking wrote:

As I've said to many Vikes fans since I first went there :laugh:

As you say though it is going to take a compromise of some sort to get it through. I'd like to see an option of adding a retractable roof later if the initial design doesn't have it-least that way we can get something started.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Pawlenty: Vikings stadium `unlikely but possible'

I am not being a nay sayer but this article is linked in the same place. I will just keep on hoping that they get r done!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

More and more am I disliking Pawlenty. How about this, Mr. Governor.. Why don't you sit down with the team in the legislation and get talking at least? At this rate, I'm starting to believe more and more that this state doesn't deserve the Vikings.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Formo wrote:
    More and more am I disliking Pawlenty. How about this, Mr. Governor.. Why don't you sit down with the team in the legislation and get talking at least? At this rate, I'm starting to believe more and more that this state doesn't deserve the Vikings.
    They don't deserve them

They lost the Lakers, North Stars and almost lost the Twins twice. The longer this takes what makes anyone think the Vikings are staying?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Formo wrote:
    They don't deserve them

They lost the Lakers, North Stars and almost lost the Twins twice. The longer this takes what makes anyone think the Vikings are staying?
    Well said my friends.

I know that most on here take pride in the "Sell Out" streak, however, the reality is, they struggle to sell the stadium out.

Those same posters will say its about the product on the field, to them I say psshawwwwwwww. There are lots of teams ou there that have shitty teams and still sell thier stadiums out.

Simply shamefull to have this kindof crap going on for one of the most storied organizations in sports.

On a side note, I apologize in advance to all of you I just insulted, but this whole thing just pisses me off.

Send em down here to Bowers Hill VA. We just put in 5 or 6 hotels and shopping malls to go along with the Road Infrastructure increase that stopped us from getting the Nationales (a new light rail that runs downtown from that site).

We are ready and willing to build them a stadium to go along with those improvements and the jobs that will come from the effort not to mention all the taxes and revenue streams that a pro team brings.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast