Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Two Things with the Vikings' Matt Birk

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=49954.msg889989#msg889989 date=1230912693]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49954.msg889983#msg889983 date=1230912182]
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=49954.msg889980#msg889980 date=1230912112]
    This is Sansevere passing by Birk in the facility asking him quickly about TJack and Birks contract. 'Wow, now I got an article'...
    The amount of "Indepth" reporting amazes me at times.........

Stuff like this, its a wonder we don't have a waiting line fighting over tickets...... :
    Would you have rather seen Sansevere do a Q&A about McCombs?

Hell. at least it's about a player currently on the staff & about Vikings football.

Remind me to bring you that gold rope on Sunday.
    :P
    Sorry, was gonna stay optimistic today.
    Fricken local press just pisses me off.
    Maybe I should bring up the flounder Ned brought me instead of the rope, so you & I can have grilled flounder sammiches.
    MMMMMMMM Flounding sammmmmiches.

No fish coming this trip.
    Haven't been fishing much and when I have, its been slow.

[/quote]

Did you leave enough time in your trip for a little ice fishing while your up here?
    We're nailing crappies this year near my home town.
    [/quote]
    Nope.
    I was supposed to be at work Monday but the boss felt sorry for me and gave me a day off.
    Gonna fly in and spend Sat afternoon/evening with my Sister, go to the game Sun and fly Monday.

Haven't caught crappies through the ice in years.

[/quote]

Bummer...I would have enjoyed going out with you guys for a few hours.
    Maybe next time.

14 - inches of ice + 10 crappies a piece (limit) + 24 cans of Beast = Awesomeness.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49954.msg890016#msg890016 date=1230914864]
    This is Sansevere passing by Birk in the facility asking him quickly about TJack and Birks contract. 'Wow, now I got an article'...

Stuff like this, its a wonder we don't have a waiting line fighting over tickets...... :

Hell. at least it's about a player currently on the staff & about Vikings football.

Maybe I should bring up the flounder Ned brought me instead of the rope, so you & I can have grilled flounder sammiches.

[/quote]

Did you leave enough time in your trip for a little ice fishing while your up here?
    [/quote]
    Nope.
    I was supposed to be at work Monday but the boss felt sorry for me and gave me a day off.
    Gonna fly in and spend Sat afternoon/evening with my Sister, go to the game Sun and fly Monday.

[/quote]

Maybe next time.

14 - inches of ice + 10 crappies a piece (limit) + 24 cans of Beast = Awesomeness.

[/quote]
    Back in the day, technology is better, we used to shovel off the snow, pore some brandy on the ice and use a depth finder to find the school.

We didn't have a power auger so drilling a bunch of holes for Crappie that aren't there was a killer.

Ahhhhhh the good ole days...

Mom used to bring a little stove, a couple of frying pans and alot of four/batter.
    Atem right on the ice....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=49954.msg890016#msg890016 date=1230914864]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Nope.

[/quote]

Maybe next time.

[/quote]

24 cans? That's it?
    Apparently you haven't met Marrdro before when WW wasn't along.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: 2 things with the Vikings' Matt Birk - 2nd longer Q & A with Birk

[size=13pt]Bob Sansevere's Q&A with Minnesota Vikings center Matt Birk[/size]

Pioneer Press

Updated: 01/07/2009 11:53:30 PM CST

Matt Birk's contract with the Vikings is up and so might be his association with the franchise. If the Vikings don't re-sign Birk, something that should have been done last offseason, he soon could be with another NFL team. I talked to Birk on Wednesday about his future with the Vikings, or without them....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Bob Sansevere's Q&A with Minnesota Vikings center Matt Birk[/size]

Pioneer Press

Updated: 01/07/2009 11:53:30 PM CST

Matt Birk's contract with the Vikings is up and so might be his association with the franchise. If the Vikings don't re-sign Birk, something that should have been done last offseason, he soon could be with another NFL team. I talked to Birk on Wednesday about his future with the Vikings, or without them....
    Interesting interview.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BS: How do you get along with Brad Childress?

MB: You know what? I think we get along pretty good. I think there's a common respect there. We joke around. I tell him jokes that aren't very funny. He tells me jokes that aren't very funny.
    Guess the ballboy got it wrong again.
    :

That's the nature of the position. It's a team game. Everybody relies on everybody else. Fans like to romanticize the deal and say, "This guy is putting the team on his shoulders." It's really not true. Football is a team game.
    So much for the concept that our ST's sucked because we missed Heath..... ;D

MB: Advice? I'll say this: The players in the locker room, that's a good group. Obviously, there's a lot of talent. There are a lot of good guys, too. This year, for me, went really fast. It was a fun place to work.
    Uhhhh Ohhhhh.
    Thats two strikes on the ballboy.
    Wait, maybe it was the waterboy who said there was hate and discontent in the locker room.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

MB: You know what? I think we get along pretty good. I think there's a common respect there. We joke around. I tell him jokes that aren't very funny. He tells me jokes that aren't very funny.

:

That's the nature of the position. It's a team game. Everybody relies on everybody else. Fans like to romanticize the deal and say, "This guy is putting the team on his shoulders." It's really not true. Football is a team game.

MB: Advice? I'll say this: The players in the locker room, that's a good group. Obviously, there's a lot of talent. There are a lot of good guys, too. This year, for me, went really fast. It was a fun place to work.
    Uhhhh Ohhhhh.
    Wait, maybe it was the waterboy who said there was hate and discontent in the locker room.
    comeon marrdro.. you give us this argument all the time that the players aren't going to open up to a reporter and say "yea, me and the chiller don't get along, He hates me, I hate him,its mutual.
    Also, he's not going to rank his coach if he wants to get resigned...

ps. the ballboy is rarely wrong, we still have a very real possibility of signing edgerrin james, nobody specified a date....

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Uhhhh Ohhhhh.
    comeon marrdro.. you give us this argument all the time that the players aren't going to open up to a reporter and say "yea, me and the chiller don't get along, He hates me, I hate him,its mutual.

ps. the ballboy is rarely wrong, we still have a very real possibility of signing edgerrin james, nobody specified a date....
    Touche' and well played.

Problem with that rationale though is I am pretty sure Matt knows he isn't coming back and he isn't happy about it. Throw in that Matt isn't really a quiet, hold it back kindof guy and I would assume he would have told us if he and the Chiller didn't get along.
    Lets not forget, he has been a vocal member of this team in times past.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Uhhhh Ohhhhh.

Touche' and well played.

Problem with that rationale though is I am pretty sure Matt knows he isn't coming back and he isn't happy about it. Throw in that Matt isn't really a quiet, hold it back kindof guy and I would assume he would have told us if he and the Chiller didn't get along.
    lets put it this way.
    Pretend your boss had some young guy in his office, just out of school, interviewing for your job.
    Someone then asks you what you think about your boss, and asks you to rank him vs. others.
    You're going to make damn sure you don't say anything that jeopardizes you having a job in the future.
    You'll be trying your hardest not to piss him off, hoping he keeps you instead of hiring someone new.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

Uhhhh Ohhhhh.

Touche' and well played.

lets put it this way.
    Pretend your boss had some young guy in his office, just out of school, interviewing for your job.
    Someone then asks you what you think about your boss, and asks you to rank him vs. others.
    You're going to make gol 'darnit sure you don't say anything that jeopardizes you having a job in the future.
    You'll be trying your hardest not to piss him off, hoping he keeps you instead of hiring someone new.
    I agree, that is the normal way most would approach it, however, Matt isn't cut of that cloth.
    Again, he has spoken out before when his contract was due.

Nope, he knows that this staff likes to ink thier returning vets the year before thier contract is up.
    He also knows his play isn't/hasn't been up to form which gets back to my point that he knows he isn't gonna come back or at least has a damn good idea along that route.

If he and the Chiller didn't have the warmest of relationships he would have said it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast