Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yah, I remeber that year.

    However, I do not think we can sustain a consistant level of winning.

    I would be happy with at least 4 more wins.

    I bet PP.O was booming back in 2005... but still i think we need to play to our teams advantages..we have a Big Arm QB...an Very fast WR's...and 2 Quality Backs....do u hear run run Deepball ...or Deepball run run...But NO!!! chilly dumbass does 1-10.....Incomplete to S.Rice...2-10 A.Peterson 3 yards....3-7 C.Taylor 4 yards....4-3 Kluwe 45 yard punt...WHY DONT WE GO DEEP!! on these young CB's of san diego.. cause we cant run against a 3-4 with Jaamal "18 wheeler" Williams an Shawne Merriman.

  2. #12
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    2005 was as much of a disaster as this season is, it set this franchise back years.

    We can go 9-0 too, what do think the odds of that happening are?


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  3. #13
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    Pfft if we go 11-5 ill shave all my hair off..an have transgender surgery

  4. #14
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yah, I remeber that year.

    However, I do not think we can sustain a consistant level of winning.

    I would be happy with at least 4 more wins.
    Nope - it'd take at least 7 (or however many it takes to make the playoffs) to make those wins worthwhile.

    To be clear, I NEVER advocate throwing games.
    The Vikes SHOULD try to win every game.
    It'd just piss me off to have another 6-10 season.
    Get worse or get better - don't stagnate.
    I HATE stagnation.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  5. #15
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    Pfft i say we throw all the games..an draft Colt Brennen!!!

  6. #16
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    You mean for Desean Jackson then get Brennen in the 2nd round?

  7. #17
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yah, I remeber that year.

    However, I do not think we can sustain a consistant level of winning.

    I would be happy with at least 4 more wins.

    I bet PP.O was booming back in 2005... but still i think we need to play to our teams advantages..we have a Big Arm QB...an Very fast WR's...and 2 Quality Backs....do u hear run run Deepball ...or Deepball run run...But NO!!! chilly dumbass does 1-10.....Incomplete to S.Rice...2-10 A.Peterson 3 yards....3-7 C.Taylor 4 yards....4-3 Kluwe 45 yard punt...WHY DONT WE GO DEEP!! on these young CB's of san diego.. cause we cant run against a 3-4 with Jaamal "18 wheeler" Williams an Shawne Merriman.
    Going deep is not so easy,you need 2 things we haven´t got.
    1.Wr´s who are able to create some space with their covers
    2.A solid OL which gives our WR time to get deep.

    Besides that ,Chilly is a conservative coach who doesn´t rely on our pass-game(logic btw)
    El underdog.

  8. #18
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    What does our history show when starting the season at 2-6?

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yah, I remeber that year.

    However, I do not think we can sustain a consistant level of winning.

    I would be happy with at least 4 more wins.

    I bet PP.O was booming back in 2005... but still i think we need to play to our teams advantages..we have a Big Arm QB...an Very fast WR's...and 2 Quality Backs....do u hear run run Deepball ...or Deepball run run...But NO!!! chilly dumbass does 1-10.....Incomplete to S.Rice...2-10 A.Peterson 3 yards....3-7 C.Taylor 4 yards....4-3 Kluwe 45 yard punt...WHY DONT WE GO DEEP!! on these young CB's of san diego.. cause we cant run against a 3-4 with Jaamal "18 wheeler" Williams an Shawne Merriman.
    We don't go deep because the QB doesn't have any time in the pocket.
    By the tie a WR makes it 25 yards down the field the QB has already been sacked, helped up, and reset at the line of scrimmage.
    The only game that we played where the OL gave the QB time was in Chicago.
    And what do you know... we threw it deep several times.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    What does our history show when starting the season at 2-6?
    The last time we went 2-6 was 2002.
    And we finished 6-10.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fan for 32 years
    By Bossk in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
  2. 9/11: Six Years Later
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
  3. This years Vikings: Shades of last years Saints?
    By baumy300 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
  4. See what 50 years will do...
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 04:07 PM
  5. 3 years already!
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 10:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •