Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,721

    2-5... remeber two years ago.

    Ok right now everyone is dead an out..but remeber the miracle season of 2005. we were at 2-5 everyone had counted us out..then we ran off 6 straight.. an finished up 9 and 7...can the Vikings of 2007 repeat that?? can TJax step up... can AD get another 100 yard game?...each game we win AD is over 100..

  2. #2
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    That year we had a QB who knows how to win, a halfway decent receiving corps, and a line that knew how to protect.



    And a coach who knew how to work with what he had when the times got tough.

  3. #3
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,721

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "Mr" wrote:
    That year we had a QB who knows how to win, a halfway decent receiving corps, and a line that knew how to protect.



    And a coach who knew how to work with what he had when the times got tough.
    I would say our WR are a tiny bit better this year..i want to see more of alison.. our line is Defiantly better.. but tice was a loaner..he wasnt a student of the game..he just used Pieces that worked..he used Duante's Strong arm, Michael Bennett's amazing speed, an Randy Moss amazing speed an hands..so when they guarded deep bennett would just run right pass them cause he was fast as hell..an Brad childress needs to relize we dont have a Time Possession TEAM!!...never have, never will.


    We will allways be a Throw Deep an run strong team.. We have the deep threats in Twill..an Alison is fast as hell. an Wade is ok speed..an Rice is our burleson..but with better potential.. Rice is our possesion reciver for inside the 20. and AD..is a monster...so Throw deep..then when there back AD will clean up..an run over people.. worked before.. why change it..we have a Big arm QB in Tjax...just work with him in the Deep Ball.. Chilly is a Dumbass

  4. #4
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    The main difference between that year and this year was a change at quarterback and offensive philosophy. It doesn't appear as if we'll get either this year.

  5. #5
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    Ok right now everyone is dead an out..but remeber the miracle season of 2005. we were at 2-5 everyone had counted us out..then we ran off 6 straight.. an finished up 9 and 7...can the Vikings of 2007 repeat that?? can TJax step up... can AD get another 100 yard game?...each game we win AD is over 100..
    Each game we win Tjack is the starter.

  6. #6
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    That year we had a QB who knows how to win, a halfway decent receiving corps, and a line that knew how to protect.



    And a coach who knew how to work with what he had when the times got tough.
    I would say our WR are a tiny bit better this year..i want to see more of alison.. our line is Defiantly better.. but tice was a loaner..he wasnt a student of the game..he just used Pieces that worked..he used Duante's Strong arm, Michael Bennett's amazing speed, an Randy Moss amazing speed an hands..so when they guarded deep bennett would just run right pass them cause he was fast as hell..an Brad childress needs to relize we dont have a Time Possession TEAM!!...never have, never will.


    We will allways be a Throw Deep an run strong team.. We have the deep threats in Twill..an Alison is fast as hell. an Wade is ok speed..an Rice is our burleson..but with better potential.. Rice is our possesion reciver for inside the 20. and AD..is a monster...so Throw deep..then when there back AD will clean up..an run over people.. worked before.. why change it..we have a Big arm QB in Tjax...just work with him in the Deep Ball.. Chilly is a Dumbass
    I'm starting to agree with that last statement.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #7
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,228

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    I very much remember two years ago ... and the biggest key to that run was two games against the Lions (5-11), one against the Browns (6-10), one against the Rams (6-10) and one against the Packers (4-12) ... the combined record of our opponents in the six game run was 37-59. our next six games are against teams that are currently 25-18 ... that is not a good sign.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "Mr" wrote:
    That year we had a QB who knows how to win, a halfway decent receiving corps, and a line that knew how to protect.



    And a coach who knew how to work with what he had when the times got tough.
    I'll give you the QB (Brad Johnson) and the WRs.
    But you lose on the line and the coach.
    The OL was pretty bad in 05 too, and Tice was, well, Tice.
    I don't think Childress is any better, but Tice has shown that he didn't know how to work with any of the talent he had.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    "midgensa" wrote:
    I very much remember two years ago ... and the biggest key to that run was two games against the Lions (5-11), one against the Browns (6-10), one against the Rams (6-10) and one against the Packers (4-12) ... the combined record of our opponents in the six game run was 37-59. our next six games are against teams that are currently 25-18 ... that is not a good sign.
    We should look at the overall picture though.

    At week 9 in 2005, the remainder of our opponents had a combined record of 33-40.
    At week 9 in 2007, the remainder of our opponents have a combined record of 35-30.

    Still not great, but not as skewed as you originally presented it to be.
    I don't expect us to rip off a 7-2 run, but it is possible.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: 2-5... remeber two years ago.

    Yah, I remeber that year.

    However, I do not think we can sustain a consistant level of winning.

    I would be happy with at least 4 more wins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fan for 32 years
    By Bossk in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 01:52 PM
  2. 9/11: Six Years Later
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
  3. This years Vikings: Shades of last years Saints?
    By baumy300 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
  4. See what 50 years will do...
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 04:07 PM
  5. 3 years already!
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 10:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •