CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

2 and 2 Versus 1 and 3

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure if the Vikes go 2 and 2, it would be a hell of a lot better then going 1 and 3. My thoughts are if the Vikes can go into Atlanta and steal a game heading into the bye week, they'll be in a better spot then when they started 6 and 0. The reason is simple, they have faced more adversity in 3 weeks then they did all of last year and the year before that.

My feeling is, that if we can beat Atlanta, the first 2 weeks of the season are a wash and we are back in a position where most of us thought the Vikes would have been. I also realize if we win this week it doesn't guarantee anything, however if we lose, it will be a long 2 weeks of practice.

A win in Atlanta = CONFIDENCE going into the bye!

Also, we are going to see how well our run defense stands up against Vick and his boys. My thoughts are that we will all be very happy with the results and a little guess here: Michael Vick will not finish the game!

Vikes 24 Atlanta 17

Cheers!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: 2 and 2 Versus 1 and 3

I hope your right.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

I hope you are right too Canada. I really think we can pull this off...
    I BLEED PURPLE!

pigskinronin is offline Starter

I wouldn't be disheartened even if we lost this game. Atlanta is arguably the best team in the NFC right now. To me... it may be the toughest game left on our schedule. Suddenly road games to Carolina and Baltimore do not look as scary as they did prior to the season starting.

Go Vikes!

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

I wouldn't be disheartened if they lost either, but I think the players may feel that way. Also I bet no one thought we would be heading into the bye at 1 and 3. I think that this game is pivotal for our season, I do not think we're done if we lose however it will be big hill to climb if we come up short. Daunte will be at his best on Sunday, he'll out run Vick and be the Daunte that we all love (beating the tar outta DB's that get in his way).

Cannot wait until Sunday!!!

Cheers!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

A win this week sets us off for the rest of the year. If we win here, we win the division hands down, it's that much of a confidence builder and helps our record that much. If we lose sunday, we struggle to make the playoffs. That's how I see it.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think we need to win this game! With the way we started, if we go to Atlanta and the team that played the 1st 2 weeks shows up and we get knocked around it will be a very tough year!

If we go into the bye with a GOOD win, and can heal up. We are going to take the Division.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    I wouldn't be disheartened if they lost either, but I think the players may feel that way. Also I bet no one thought we would be heading into the bye at 1 and 3. I think that this game is pivotal for our season, I do not think we're done if we lose however it will be big hill to climb if we come up short. Daunte will be at his best on Sunday, he'll out run Vick and be the Daunte that we all love (beating the tar outta DB's that get in his way).

Cannot wait until Sunday!!!

Cheers!!
    It is just tough thinking about 1-3. I would still be disheartened with a loss this week but would take this loss with a grain of salt because it is a top NFC team.

Yes, I do believe that DC got his roll on in the last game and his confidence is back. We have already shown people that our team goes as DC goes. We need to have a great game from DC.

The one thing that I was disappointed in last week was we had a chance to burry the Saints and we couldn't get it done. We could have crushed them in the first half and made them want to go home with their tails between their legs. I am not sure if ATL will even come close to giving us an opportunity like that but if they do our TEAM must rise in those incidents.

SKOL Vikes

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I would be very sad if we lost. This is a huge game, and the Huge games are what we need to win. I know we can beat them, thier not that powerfull. It just depends on what team shows up, Vikes in week 2, or Vikes in week 3....so I hope we can go out there and show um what viking football is!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater