Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

1st Order Of Business: Re-Sign Griffen

Minnesota Vikings’ First Order Of Business Should Be Re-Signing Everson Griffen

Minnesota Vikings Must Re-sign Everson Griffen

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Agreed. Can't let this guy go for a number of reasons, but the most important reason is because he is a gamer. Allen is gone, and Griffen would fill in very nicely.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Minnesota Vikings’ First Order Of Business Should Be Re-Signing Everson Griffen

Minnesota Vikings Must Re-sign Everson Griffen
    Priority number 1 for sure. He has even played some LB and dropped into coverage a little bit (with that one awesome pick-6!) Basically, don't care who the coach is, if you can sign this guy to a mid-grade contract with a few incentives to keep him happy and hard working, then do it now!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I think you are all wrong. Griffen may not even been resigned.
    Why? We are clearly moving to the 3-4. Look at the defensive coaches we interviewed. Not 1 4-3 guy (I think the Browns still run the 3-4). With Robison already signed... the need for another OLB isn't a priority. Remember we will be running Nickle more than our Base. I wager we go Robinson, Greenway, Cole and let Mauti and Hodges get some playing time. However, finding a couple of corners should be a priority. We need to sign 2 good Cbs. I would like us to splash for Talib and sign a vet like Asante Samuel to play the Nickle.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

1st Order Of Business: Re-Sign Griffen

Griffen is more suited for a rushing LB in a 3-4 scheme than anyone else on our roster. We cannot let him go.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    Griffen is more suited for a rushing LB in a 3-4 scheme than anyone else on our roster. We cannot let him go.
    I don't agrue this except to say...we already signed Robinson who cannot play DE in the 3-4 and best position will be OLB. You can't have two OLB that cannot cover a TE or bigger WR. Essentially a team with Robinson and Griffen as OLB will suffer against the pass as neither guy is excellent in coverage.

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    go to a 3-4 and the Robison signing is retarded.. he is not a player thats fits a 3-4 at all

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Why? We are clearly moving to the 3-4. Look at the defensive coaches we interviewed. Not 1 4-3 guy (I think the Browns still run the 3-4). With Robison already signed... the need for another OLB isn't a priority. Remember we will be running Nickle more than our Base. I wager we go Robinson, Greenway, Cole and let Mauti and Hodges get some playing time. However, finding a couple of corners should be a priority. We need to sign 2 good Cbs. I would like us to splash for Talib and sign a vet like Asante Samuel to play the Nickle.
    I know they need 2 corners, but I hope they draft a good linebacker as well, specifically one with coverage skills. That linebacker group you list looks a bit average at best.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Zimmer runs a 4-3. Seahawks and Panthers (2 of the best defenses in the NFL) run 4-3. We were rumored to have interest in their D-cords too...

I think switching to a 3-4 defense is kind of like how everybody loves the backup QB...when your team is terrible all sorts of changes sound good that aren't really any good for your team. We are just so very far from having the personnel to run a 3-4...our LBs are mediocre at best, why put another one on the field!? We don't have a single NT on the team big enough to hold down the middle and we need to add secondary help too. If we go to a 3-4 I suspect we will be in full on rebuilding mode for 3+ seasons.

On the other hand, if we sign a vet nickel back and move Robinson back outside to his natural position, resign EG, and add a bad ass NT early in the draft and this Defense could be pretty F'n good in a hurry!

Assuming of course that we stay competent on STs and find a way to improve our offense too...specially at OC, QB and OG.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Zimmer runs a 4-3. Seahawks and Panthers (2 of the best defenses in the NFL) run 4-3. We were rumored to have interest in their D-cords too...

I think switching to a 3-4 defense is kind of like how everybody loves the backup QB...when your team is terrible all sorts of changes sound good that aren't really any good for your team. We are just so very far from having the personnel to run a 3-4...our LBs are mediocre at best, why put another one on the field!? We don't have a single NT on the team big enough to hold down the middle and we need to add secondary help too. If we go to a 3-4 I suspect we will be in full on rebuilding mode for 3+ seasons.

On the other hand, if we sign a vet nickel back and move Robinson back outside to his natural position, resign EG, and add a bad ass NT early in the draft and this Defense could be pretty F'n good in a hurry!

Assuming of course that we stay competent on STs and find a way to improve our offense too...specially at OC, QB and OG.
    I don't think so.
    To be honest, You just added several peices to solve this defense. The same number of peices I suggested we add. Either way this defense is in transition and fixing it for the 4-3 is not any larger a problem than fixing it for the 4-3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast