Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: 1st game I won't watch since 1998

I know a lot of people are telling this guy to "Get over it..." but let's think about this.

Goodell fines players left and right because of hits on QBs, whether they are legal hits or not... leading to Troy Palamalu calling it a "Pansy League" which it has become.

Goodell Destroys evidence of the Patriots cheating and only levies a fine against the team... but no suspensions. The whole situation with the SpyGate was rather fishy... not to mention how Buddy-Buddy Goodell and Kraft are.

Goodell Suspends players that took a weight-loss pill that had ingredients that were not listed... information that was withheld by the NFL. This is a clear cut case of negligence on behalf of the NFL, yet our players get punished. And why Jackson was not suspended... and no reasons have been given for his pardon? That's favortism... it's all or none... this "Some get suspended, some don't" is pure BS...

I will be watching the game, but the NFL has simply decided to cater to the big market teams. Goodell is making the NFL into a joke, so deciding to boycott it is a completely reasonable response to this stupidity/insanity, in my opinion.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Dude, I feel for ya if this will make you basicaly pack your bags. Successfull people are the ones who stand tough through the difficult times. If the Vikes make it through this strecth into the playoffs they will be stronger. So sit back relax and watch the Vikes pull from adversity to make the playoffs.

Anyone can win and be a success when things are going smoothly The champions always have to endure some problems along the way. Its how they deal with that problem that determines their outcome

There is bigger injustices in the world. The world is not over. Nor is the Vikings season so just chill. The sun will rise tomorrow dude I will promise you that
    For like 9 hours, with below average temperatures and high winds. :'(

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Dude, I feel for ya if this will make you basicaly pack your bags. Successfull people are the ones who stand tough through the difficult times. If the Vikes make it through this strecth into the playoffs they will be stronger. So sit back relax and watch the Vikes pull from adversity to make the playoffs.

Anyone can win and be a success when things are going smoothly The champions always have to endure some problems along the way. Its how they deal with that problem that determines their outcome

There is bigger injustices in the world. The world is not over. Nor is the Vikings season so just chill. The sun will rise tomorrow dude I will promise you that
    I agree, there are bigger injustices in the world... and guess what, there's also better things to do with your time on Sundays that watch football. Some people are just frustrated with what the NFL has become, so why not take your time and money elsewhere? It makes perfectly good sense, whether you accept it or not.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

This reminds me of when the Atlanta Falcons cut their Pro Bowl receiver Andre Rison and it just so happened the Packers were one receiver short that season from going all the way. No reason was ever announced as to why Andre Rison was cut. No one made a big deal about it, just cutting a Pro Bowler in the middle of the season, that's all.

The Packers picked up Rison and went on to win Super Bowl XXXI in which Rison caught a 51-yard touchdown pass to open the scoring. The Packers beat the Patriots, 35-21.

Isn't it funny how the Vikings are ALWAYS on the short end of the NFL stick, while special teams like the Packers, Cowboys, and Giants (Eli Manning, anyone?) always seem to get the free handouts from the league office.

Vikings look like a contender in the playoffs this year? "Let's eliminate that."

I seriously question whether any Giants, Packers, or Cowboys were also guilty of taking this substance, but the NFL just chose to never report it.

Remember, in the NBA, referees were on the take from criminal elements and called games accordingly.

Go Vikings!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm upset they are suspended and think it will have a significant impact, however, I am not buying into the "Conspiracy" theories nor am I giving up hope.

Some hopefull thoughts/observations that swim through my slightly balding head at this point in time.....

a. Look on the bright side.
    We get to see a couple of new faces attempt to step up and we get to see if our coaching staff can help them step up.

b. We are looking at the two worst rushing teams for our next two games.

c. Our Secondary has been playing a bit better lately.
    Maybe they can hold thier end of the bargain up a bit higher.

d.
    They will get thier suspensions over before next year.
    We weren't going very far this year even if we did win the Div.

e.
    At least we don't have Lord Dickhead on the team this year....... ;D

Long story short, is this a bad thing?
    YUP.
    Is there anything we can do about it? NOPE, other than to continue to cheer for our guys that are on the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I'm upset they are suspended and think it will have a significant impact, however, I am not buying into the "Conspiracy" theories nor am I giving up hope.

Some hopefull thoughts/observations that swim through my slightly balding head at this point in time.....

We get to see a couple of new faces attempt to step up and we get to see if our coaching staff can help them step up.

d.

e.

YUP.
    Is there anything we can do about it? NOPE, other than to continue to cheer for our guys that are on the field.
    I love how people write off "Facts" as "Conspiracy" just because it invades their little bubble that is their reality.

If you don't think Goodell and Kraft are buddies, which is what I'm guessing your referring to as a conspiracy... or you don't think the NFL is catering to big market teams (from a business standpoint, is a very good move... Goodell is a businessman, not a football player)... You should do your research, these things actually have merritt.

But, if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," I didn't mean to wake you from your slumber. Go back to fishing... or sleeping... or whatever you were doing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

d.

e.

YUP.
    I love how people write off "Facts" as "Conspiracy" just because it invades their little bubble that is their reality.

If you don't think Goodell and Kraft are buddies, which is what I'm guessing your referring to as a conspiracy... or you don't think the NFL is catering to big market teams (from a business standpoint, is a very good move... Goodell is a businessman, not a football player)... You should do your research, these things actually have merritt.

But, if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," I didn't mean to wake you from your slumber. Go back to fishing... or sleeping... or whatever you were doing.
    So let me get this straight, because I don't buy into it and you do, this makes me some sort of Redneck Yutz who only focuses on Redneck stuff instead of "Researching" stuff before I make a comment.....

Puuuuuhhhhhhleazzzzzz

Besides, what the hell does "if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," really mean...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

d.

e.

YUP.

So let me get this straight, because I don't buy into it and you do, this makes me some sort of Redneck Yutz who only focuses on Redneck stuff instead of "Researching" stuff before I make a comment.....

Puuuuuhhhhhhleazzzzzz

Besides, what the hell does "if you choose to write it of as "Conspiracy," really mean...... ;D
    No, I never called you a redneck Yutz... I just know you like fishing. Sorry you took it that way.

But just because I can observe that the NFL is a business, and as such, probably makes business decisions... and may even have meetings behind closed doors (imagine that) doesn't mean I'm a conspiracy theorist... I'm more of a "realist".

It goes both ways.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    This reminds me of when the Atlanta Falcons cut their Pro Bowl receiver Andre Rison and it just so happened the Packers were one receiver short that season from going all the way. No reason was ever announced as to why Andre Rison was cut. No one made a big deal about it, just cutting a Pro Bowler in the middle of the season, that's all.

The Packers picked up Rison and went on to win Super Bowl XXXI in which Rison caught a 51-yard touchdown pass to open the scoring. The Packers beat the Patriots, 35-21.

Isn't it funny how the Vikings are ALWAYS on the short end of the NFL stick, while special teams like the Packers, Cowboys, and Giants (Eli Manning, anyone?) always seem to get the free handouts from the league office.
    Come on now.. Rison was trouble for the word go in Atlanta.. hell he had legal issue after legal issue and ran the Falcons crazy with disciplinary crap just as Plax is doing today in New York.. he was a turd.. they cut the turd.

Notice the Packers didn't resign this probowl WR after that season either.. cause he was a turd..

The league had nothing to do with it.

But if you are going to go all dark knight with this.. I wonder if the league helped the Vikes land the best player in the draft 2 years ago at like 7... same type of reek.
    ;D

"pack93z" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

Come on now.. Rison was trouble for the word go in Atlanta.. hell he had legal issue after legal issue and ran the Falcons crazy with disciplinary crap just as Plax is doing today in New York.. he was a turd.. they cut the turd.

Notice the Packers didn't resign this probowl WR after that season either.. cause he was a turd..

The league had nothing to do with it.

But if you are going to go all dark knight with this.. I wonder if the league helped the Vikes land the best player in the draft 2 years ago at like 7... same type of freak.
    ;D
    My buddy asked me the same thing the other day... how does Minnesota keep getting these freak athletes.

Not sure... but keep'em coming!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast