Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

1rst round picks

Okay this is something ive notcied and it pisses me off so much.We get our first round draft pick,he gets hyped up so everybody wants to c him play and all of a sudden the guy who sucks ass but played the position last year suddenly starts having the best training camp of his career ( E.J Henderson) im
    sure that
    everybody wants to c greenway play and the reason we drafted him was because henderson wasnt playing well.So why couldnt he play good b4 so we dont have to go through this every year?!?!?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 1rst round picks

welcome thevikingfan

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

The beauty of the Vikes going into the draft this year is that there wasn't a position where we really needed a rookie to come in and start right away.
    Obviously, LB has been a major concern but I see it as nothing but good news that it sounds like EJ is playing well.
    Greenway will see the field for plenty of minutes and will contribute but I love what I'm hearing about EJ.
    I'll see tomorrow if the hype is justified.
    I like Greenway and want to see him do well but I'm a Vikings fan first.
    If someone is playing well and keeps our top pick off of the field, that doesn't piss me off in any way.

[color=red]

Is your problem with EJ for playing well or with the Vikes for drafting Greenway?
    If its the latter, what position would you have liked to see us draft instead?

[color=red]

what im getting at is if E.J would have played well last year there would be no need to draft greenway.I have nothing against E.J and ive been a lifelong vikings fan and it doesnt matter to me who starts as long as we win.I for one think that if we didnt get greenway (although i loved the pick) we could have gotten one of the more talented running backs such as laurence maroney.Now b4 u go talking about
    chester taylor just think when childress bacame coach he thought that the will lb position didnt have a good player so he opted to draft a lb and get a free agent running back if however E.J would have been playing at a high level the next logical thing would be to draft a running back.

And im not pissed off at the players its just that this happens all over the league like when the chargers drafted eli and traded for rivers because they were unsatisfied with brees and then brees goes and has a probowl season wich was followed by controversy of whether they would keep brees and trade rivers or the other way around.Make no mistake if E.J makes the pro bowl ill be
    happy as hell but it just seems like a waste of talent.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Well all i can say is thats the way it goes. You cant expect every single player to have a breakout season when they become starter. Most players take a few years before that happens, so they can learn the playbook and take to the coaching, ect. But yeah even if EJ ends up being a great starter greenway could always take another LB spot.

If we were talking about a RB, WR, or Lineman I'd agree with your point.
    We are talking about defense, and LB's at that.
    For the first time in years we possibly have a decent group and Greenway adds depth.
    I just have absolutely no problem with how things have worked out so far this offseason with the LB situation.

[color=red]

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

I say let's just be happy that EJ is playing so well AND that we have a guy like Greenway to back him up if he doesn't.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

howkings is offline Rookie

I know what you're saying vikingfan but that is not the way you should look at it. At the very least we picked up depth by drafting Greenway. People were also questioning why we picked up D. Smith when we had Tank. This is one of the deepest Viking teams I can remember. We're going to have starters from last year sitting the pine or even getting cut by the end of training camp. As for E.J., he was a helluva linebacker in college. I thought he was a steal when we picked him up in the second round of the 03 draft. Maybe this new defensive scheme is bringing out his talents. Just remember, depth is a good problem too have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast