Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

With the 19th Pick the Vikings select..........

If it was my time and the clock was roling i dont see how i could pass up on vilma, u just don't pass up on a player like him, who thought we needed O Smith last year but we did, so what if EJ gets hurt move Vilma back to the MLB, i like dansby and DJ but Vilma is the man and no matter where he plays (weakside or Middle) he will be a good player, i want ej to play the middle though, but whatever happens i will suport most likely, i'm sure tice and cotrell have a good idea of who they want, this is just who i want

a pure mike backer? where di you get that nonsense? i've read in several publications that one of vilmas strengths is his versatility. he can play will and mike. and in fact vilma is more suited to will than e.j. because we need e.j.'s size inside and vilma can roam the weak side
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Exactly where did u hear that he is pure MLB, he is a very smart football player and would probably flouresh wherever he plays and that means Weakside while claiborne playes strong side and EJ plays Mike

that's what i'm sayin!

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

THE CREAM OF THE CROP

Jonathan Vilma, Miami, 6-1, 233 — Fourth-year senior…Three-year starter who spent his freshman year behind Dan Morgan (Carolina)…In three years as a starter, he had 339 tackles, 25 tackles for a loss and six sacks…Extremely quick and never stops chasing down plays…Extremely aggressive…Doesn’t miss many tackles…Best closing speed of anyone in this year’s class…Can change direction and chase down plays…Is undersized — he is among the shortest and lightest of this year’s MLB prospects…Gets caught too often on blitzes by larger offensive linemen…Doesn’t have good lower body strength…Did 23 reps with 225 pounds at the Combine, along with a 4.62 40, a 37-inch vertical jump (third-best among the MLB crop), a 10-1 broad jump (second-best) and a Wonderlic score of 23.

PROJECTION: He reminds a lot of us of the same things you heard about Henderson last year — he makes a lot of tackles and, despite his lack of height, he plays much bigger. Vilma is a tackling machine that could thrive in between Henderson and Claiborne and, if he’s still available at No. 19, there’s a good chance he’ll end up with the Vikings.

This is out of The Insiders info....as soon as find the article again with quotes from Tice, I will include it also.

Size wise they are very close, both are punishing tacklers.

As far as the middle backer labeling, that is what I have read and seen. I think Don Thomas could play inside or outside, one as good as the other. IMO, if I had Vilma, Henderson, and Claiborne as my linebackers, I would put Vilma in the middle. Based solely on his mean streak, ability to shed blocks, nose for the ball, and leadership.

sig courtesy of PPE

I say we definetly take him or williams if smith and udeze is gone

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

If VIlma and D.J. are available, take Vilma. If E.J. Keeps getting DUI's get rid of him and switch Vilma to Mike.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

I think they'd keep EJ in the middle, he is bigger and built more like a middle linebacker. Another reason is Vilma is faster than EJ, and I believe speed at OLB is more needed than a speedy MLB.

agreed die hard.vilma would be better at will than e.j.

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

couldnt agree more with u i think vilma is going to be awesome
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast