Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 15-1?

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

15-1?

This conversation about the Bengals being "good" makes everything else you say relative. Now I know when you say the Vikings will be "good" you really mean 7-9 good.... awesome
    3 Straight Division Champs

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

15-1?

chubchub you better look it up yes the Vikings scored alot of points but the defense also gave up alot of points due to prevent defenses. And as I recall the last game of the regular season Brooks was stopped on the 1 yard line as time ran out to save that game.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

15-1?

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    This conversation about the Bengals being "good" makes everything else you say relative. Now I know when you say the Vikings will be "good" you really mean 7-9 good.... awesome
    Well i guess you didnt see how well the bengals improved under new coach marvin lewis last year. They did earn some respect and werent too far away from making the playoffs either. Not bad for a team that has won 2 games the previous seasons.

Dont know what bengals team your watching. :roll:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

15-1?

The article on VU wasn't trying to say we have the team to go 15-1, but that we have a similar offense to that team. We are pretty similar on offense to that team. We a speed RB, in bennett, like robert smith. We have a small quick 3rd down back, in mewelde moore, like david palmer. We have a tough short yardage back, in moe williams, like leroy hoard. Daunte is much like cunningham, Moss is better than rookie Moss, robinson can be a possession guy or deep guy, like carter was that year. Wiggins is pretty much the same TE as glover was. Our O-line is one of the league's best, like it was in 1998. We look really similar to that offense. I think that our o-coordinator isn't as good as billick was though, and it would be pretty crazy to think we could be that good on offense. We will have a awesome offense again, and should be much better than last years #1 offense, but we would need pretty much everything to go right for us to have a similar offense to 98. I could care less how good our offense is, I care more about how good our D is. That will be what determines how far this team can go.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

15-1?

what is onterrio smith compared to

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

15-1?

who is onterrio smith compared to

ArizonaPackerFan is offline Training Camp

15-1?

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Well i guess you didnt see how well the bengals improved under new coach marvin lewis last year. They did earn some respect and werent too far away from making the playoffs either. Not bad for a team that has won 2 games the previous seasons.

True, but that was with Kitna at the helm. This year they are handing the controls to an untested Palmer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals took a step back.

15-1?

"magicci" wrote:
    who is onterrio smith compared to
    Nobody, that's a bonus. :wink:

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

15-1?

"ArizonaPackerFan" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:

True, but that was with Kitna at the helm. This year they are handing the controls to an untested Palmer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals took a step back.
    They can always yank palmer if needed. Kitna will still be with the team and will fill in if palmer has too many struggles.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

15-1?

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "ArizonaPackerFan" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:

They can always yank palmer if needed. Kitna will still be with the team and will fill in if palmer has too many struggles.
    Palmer will be fine as far as handling his offense. The Bengals have very good receivers and a solid running game and that will make it easier for him to learn. But I think he'll struggle with reading defenses especially having to play Baltimore and Pittsburgh so much.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast