Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    thats the differencd though between the guys who think they are worth the money and those that are - they make the catches regardless and to me Simpson doesn't make them and isn't worth the moeny.

As for Load my perception may be skewed and I'm not always a great one for stats. My perception is that he has penalties at the wrong times and can screw some drives up - something that stats don't show up. He is, at times, a cross between Steussie and McKinnie but you're never sure which Loadholt is going to show up.

By the way - skating ??
    I'd throw a good dose of Lewinski in there.

Marrdro admitted his faults by this comment;

Is he great at pass protection, no, but as someone said, if he was he'd be a LT not a RT.
    I don't for a second believe that there aren't RT's out there that have damn good pass blocking abilities.

If it were true, then find me a LT that can pass block & stick him at the RT position.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'd throw a good dose of Lewinski in there.

Marrdro admitted his faults by this comment;

I don't for a second believe that there aren't RT's out there that have damn good pass blocking abilities.

If it were true, then find me a LT that can pass block & stick him at the RT position.
    LOL, you'll try anything these days won't you.......snicker.....

Quick question, why do they put the TE with the RT if he is so good at pass protection?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Our MLB, no, but I'd take Greenway or Erin over whatever scrub gets called upon as our #5 Corner. Whether it be Sherels or Burton, either are brutal.
    I agree, but you can pretty much say that for every team. Name me one teams 5th CB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    thats the differencd though between the guys who think they are worth the money and those that are - they make the catches regardless and to me Simpson doesn't make them and isn't worth the moeny.

As for Load my perception may be skewed and I'm not always a great one for stats. My perception is that he has penalties at the wrong times and can screw some drives up - something that stats don't show up. He is, at times, a cross between Steussie and McKinnie but you're never sure which Loadholt is going to show up.

By the way - skating ??
    So is Randy Moss worth the money? He still can't catch the ball going across the middle?

Skating - Weren't you on a minor league hocket team or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Hey Marr,
    I refused the plate of crow...
    I liked Griffen at DE...which he is playing...hated him at LB, where they tried to play him.
    Your memory is fuzzy my friend.
    LOL, no way your getting off that easy my friend. You said he wasn't good in space and would be back at DE as well. Said something about him only having straight line speed.

Get your fork out old friend.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    So is Randy Moss worth the money? He still can't catch the ball going across the middle?

Skating - Weren't you on a minor league hocket team or something like that?
    not me on the skating, I do to skating what Dick Van Dyke did to a cockney accent.

As for the Moss comparison no he's not great over the middle but can muster some catches there. However over his time he has made catches, including clutch catches, at less than perfect balls. Simpson however hasn't managed that, in fact I think he's had more PI calls this season than clutch catches. Personally I'd take Moss in his rookie or even twilight years than Simpson in his 'prime'
    Last edited by AngloVike; 01-11-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Big decisions await Vikings following 2013 season

My take

2013 FA
    Aroma - No AgreeBerger - No AgreeBrinkley - Yes (he is just starting to come into his own) AgreeFelton - Yes (makes me believe in FB's again) Agree
    Henderson - No Maybe -
    AJ Jeff - Yes (he is young and learning) AgreeKropog - No Agree
    Load - Yes (he has issues but not as many as a new guy would) Agree
    Mitchell - No AgreeJamarca - Yes DisagreeSchwartz - No (Fusco just needs to get all the reps now) AgreeSendjio - No AgreeSimpson - Yes (I think he will come through in year two when he is a member of a full WR corps and isn't forced to play the Z so much). Agree

2014 (resign this year)
    JA - No (Yes if he give us a discount) AgreeAsiat - No AgreeMBT - No (Address in 2014) Disagree
    Cook - Yes AgreeDean - No Agree
    Evans - No (Address in 2014 but pray you can get rid of him) Agree
    Toby - No (Address in 2014 if you can't trade him this year) AgreeEverson - (Yes, cat is really making our good friend Kevoncox eat crow this year) Agree Harvin - (Yes, but not if its a top 5 WR contract - Revisit in 2014 if it can't get done) AgreeJenkins - No (We need WR's that catch passes not run block) AgreeCharlie J - Yes (Consistency on the line) AgreeKluwe - No (He officially is on my shit list) Disagree
    Robison - Yes (Move him to RDE if you can't sign JA and move Griff to LDE) Agree
    Webb - No (Revisit in 2014 but use him as a WR or something this year that involves running)
    Maybe

I agree with most of what you said but there a few I would think about. Henderson, unless we draft a LB we are paper thin and even an average LB like Henderson is better unless you have an idea in FA or the draft.

Keep Load but only if his weight is addressed in a contract, the cat is just getting too big.

MBT - Get him a good look this preseason and see what we have, I would make him our #2 QB next year and live or die with him. He has to be better than Webb. Find out what we have and then keep him or cut him.

Kluwe is solid and if you cut him who are we going to get to replace him, having said that if you have viable option I am not totally against letting Kluwe go.

I like the move with Robison and griffin if we lose JA. My move would be to do everything we can to trade JA and draft Clowney with the picks in 2014. The guy is an absolute beast and would be one of the best DEs coming out in quite a few years.

Move Webb ot WR and see what he can do if he can't become a WR then cut him.

Other than that very good GM moves my friend, very good indeed.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Randy: Simpson another chance? You are a bigger man than I.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Bring back Loadholt, Felton, and Sanford for sure. Schwartz would be perfect to bring back to have a solid backup or even compete against Fusco. I am not opposed to bringing back Brinkley, but it won't hurt my feelings to see both him and Henderson leave. Neither one is dominant and they miss so many damn tackles.

The rest can hit the bricks, Simpson is a bust, and AJ Jefferson is a liability. Time to bring in fresh meat and see what they can do. I loved how this last draft worked out, so if they can get another solid CB, LB, and WR out of this next draft, all will be good. In the meantime, they need to sign or trade for a established WR, someone like Jennings, Bowe, Fitzgerald, or someone along those lines, and it wouldn't hurt to do the same at CB. Sorry, but the Mr. Penalty AJ Jefferson doesn't do it for me.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Thought I'd be more in the minority wanting Simpson back but I really do for the right the price. For the very right price.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast