Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Aroma - No
    Berger - No
    Brinkley - Yes
    Felton - Yes
    Henderson - Yes
    AJ Jeff - Yes
    Kropog - No
    Load - Yes
    Mitchell - No, but we need to get more depth at LB
    Jamarca - Yes
    Schwartz - Yes, he's better than Fusco and should be starting
    Sendjio - No
    Simpson - Yes, I'm willing to give Simpson another chance, preferably in a role that suits him better

Our biggest offseason needs are WR, and more depth at LB and in our secondary, so even if some players weren't outstanding (Jefferson, Henderson), we can't afford to get rid of them unless we sign some people.
    sniff sniff......you forgot my warpig old friend......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Why do we want a middle linebacker who has to come off the field on third down ?
    Kind of limiting when facing Green Bay when they run the no huddle offense.
    I want the war pig too but I would like to see a stud middle linebacker first and keep Evans.
    The wide receiver need is obvious so one of our current slugs will likely be retained , either Simpson or Jenkins if he restructures.
    There is a serious need for depth at CB,safety, and LB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Why do we want a middle linebacker who has to come off the field on third down ?
    Kind of limiting when facing Green Bay when they run the no huddle offense.
    I want the war pig too but I would like to see a stud middle linebacker first and keep Evans.
    The wide receiver need is obvious so one of our current slugs will likely be retained , either Simpson or Jenkins if he restructures.
    There is a serious need for depth at CB,safety, and LB as well.
    So when the PUKERS get into 3rd and long you want to keep a MLB in there to defend their 4 and 5 WR packages?

A LB'r comes off regardless, who cares if its the Will, Sam or Mike? Besides, I saw Jaspers play broke down twice on the NFL network and both times they mentioned how well he has been playing this year in his role.

I tend to agree. When he was allowed to line up in his normal "Deep" look, instead of up "Mugging" the line on 3rd downs, he was more than sufficient to cover anything that might go down the seam and I love how he controls the defense on the field. Between him and Chad, I think we have something really good going. Add another OLB, move Chad back to his normal position (or not) and fix the middle and Jasper will be more than adequate as our Mike.

Lets not forget, he is still learning to and will only continue to get better next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    sniff sniff......you forgot my warpig old friend......
    My apologies, I thought it was implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    My apologies, I thought it was implied.
    LOL....Scared me there for a minute.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My two cents regarding Loadholt and Simpson. Loadholt needs to show he is worth keeping and, after some of his play and penalties this season, that is questionable. Personally I'd give him a years extension and show that he is worth a longer commitment. I don't want to see him do a McKinnie where he gets a long extension and then plays like crap after that.
    Simpson - cut him full stop. It doesn't make a difference what scheme or position he's been playing in, that shouldn't affect his ability to catch a ball. The fact is his ball catching skills suck for a player asking the money he does. We have enough piss poor WRs on the team that cost less, so if that what we want then we have them aleady and cheaper !

I want to see us either address the #1 WR position in the off season either through FA or draft and I'm sure we can raise the standard of the remaining WR corps too.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    My two cents regarding Loadholt and Simpson. Loadholt needs to show he is worth keeping and, after some of his play and penalties this season, that is questionable. Personally I'd give him a years extension and show that he is worth a longer commitment. I don't want to see him do a McKinnie where he gets a long extension and then plays like crap after that.
    Simpson - cut him full stop. It doesn't make a difference what scheme or position he's been playing in, that shouldn't affect his ability to catch a ball. The fact is his ball catching skills suck for a player asking the money he does. We have enough piss poor WRs on the team that cost less, so if that what we want then we have them aleady and cheaper !

I want to see us either address the #1 WR position in the off season either through FA or draft and I'm sure we can raise the standard of the remaining WR corps too.
    But it does affect if he can catch a ball. Look, some guys are suited to run and catch a ball in heavy traffic (ala a Z and a Y) and some guys are only comfortable catching them in one on one situations (ala Moss at the X).

Trying to make them do it is crazy if they can't.

As to Load, your perception of his penalties might be a bit skewed. Did you see the stat line I posted? I for one like how he can pull from that side and still get out ahead of AD on the other. I like how he seals on his side which allows either the puller or AD to get to the outside on runs.

Is he great at pass protection, no, but as someone said, if he was he'd be a LT not a RT. His pass protection is more than adequate to warrant a long term contract. Besides, his work ethic and attitude doesn't lead us to believe that he is anything like Big Mac.

Edit: hello by the way. You skating this year?

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    But it does affect if he can catch a ball. Look, some guys are suited to run and catch a ball in heavy traffic (ala a Z and a Y) and some guys are only comfortable catching them in one on one situations (ala Moss at the X).

Trying to make them do it is crazy if they can't.

As to Load, your perception of his penalties might be a bit skewed. Did you see the stat line I posted? I for one like how he can pull from that side and still get out ahead of AD on the other. I like how he seals on his side which allows either the puller or AD to get to the outside on runs.

Is he great at pass protection, no, but as someone said, if he was he'd be a LT not a RT. His pass protection is more than adequate to warrant a long term contract. Besides, his work ethic and attitude doesn't lead us to believe that he is anything like Big Mac.

Edit: hello by the way. You skating this year?
    thats the differencd though between the guys who think they are worth the money and those that are - they make the catches regardless and to me Simpson doesn't make them and isn't worth the moeny.

As for Load my perception may be skewed and I'm not always a great one for stats. My perception is that he has penalties at the wrong times and can screw some drives up - something that stats don't show up. He is, at times, a cross between Steussie and McKinnie but you're never sure which Loadholt is going to show up.

By the way - skating ??
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Hey Marr,
    I refused the plate of crow...
    I liked Griffen at DE...which he is playing...hated him at LB, where they tried to play him.
    Your memory is fuzzy my friend.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    So when the PUKERS get into 3rd and long you want to keep a MLB in there to defend their 4 and 5 WR packages?
    Our MLB, no, but I'd take Greenway or Erin over whatever scrub gets called upon as our #5 Corner. Whether it be Sherels or Burton, either are brutal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast