Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: 14 more games until Childress career as a head coach is over.

"baumy300" wrote:
    That's 14 games too many
    At this point 1 more game is to many!

Seems he ran out of plays in the 4th quarter or something. The game was going fairly well until then (besides there were no touchdowns).

Anyone remember which game was won with only touchdowns? I remember watching it years ago, but can't remember which one it was.

[move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"FedjeViking" wrote:

Seems he ran out of plays in the 4th quarter or something. The game was going fairly well until then (besides there were no touchdowns).
    [img width=450 height=134]http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8081/firechillyse4.jpg[/img]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it is quite rare to fire a HC during the season regardless isn't it?
    Bill Cowher, Jim Mora Jr., Brian billick, Denny Green.
    They're out there...
    (actually now that I think of it, isn't Jim Mora an assistant somewhere?, i'll have to look it up.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mark_The_Viking" wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it is quite rare to fire a HC during the season regardless isn't it?
    Bill Cowher, Jim Mora Jr., Brian billick, Denny Green.
    They're out there...
    (actually now that I think of it, isn't Jim Mora an assistant somewhere?, i'll have to look it up.
    Last I heard Mora was with the Seachickens, not?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    it still amuses me what bandwagon fans we have on this site... we don't need a QB to play like peyton manning to win... hell TJ played really well for the poohie playcalling... us losing comes down to three things our recievers can't get open, our TE's can't catch, and our coach has about as much sense as a two year old that has been dropped on his head every day of his life... Jackson kept us in the game by himself against the pack, and still looked good yesterday, anyone foolish enough not to see that shouldn't quit their day job and go into analitical work. Jackson is not the problem, Childress is. I'd put money says if our offensive scheme was changed and we had a new head coach y'all would be singing a different tune about Tjack
    The playcalling is shitty BECAUSE of TJack, not in spite of it.
    He kept us in the game against GB single handedly?
    Give me a freaking break.
    If you think TJack looked good yesterday, then your are obviously seeing something that the rest of the NFL world isn't.

This isn't to say that Childress is free and clear.
    The fact is that he hitched his wagon to TJack.
    He had not just one, but TWO offseasons to find an upgrade, and didn't.
    I realize that there were not a lot of options, but he didn't even entertain the thought.
    He is determined to sink or swim with TJack, and right now he is sinking.

BTW, in reference to the comment about Childress having too big of an ego... that is pretty ridiculous.
    That is left over rhetoric form Childress's first year, and it wasn't true then either.
    You do NOT fire a coach during the season, and no coach in their right mind would resign.
    We need to sit back and ride out the season, hope that somehow Childress and co surprise us, and look forward to a front office shakeup in the offseason.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

CHildress's goals when he became coach.

1) Clean up the teams image - Unsucessful
    2) Make playoffs - So far unsucessful
    3) Improve the defence to match our offense - Improved D but offense took major steps back.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I usually just say, "Fire Childress" and that's the end of it... I'll attempt to actually back that up right now.

For starters, I watched the game with a very, very (VERY) 'football-naive' girl... and she even commented that it looked like the Vikings were running the same three plays every single drive. It got to the point where it's just sad that Bevell and Childress actually expect their game plan to work (which actually looked EXACTLY like the GB game plan, no?)... and they continue to throw the ball to Shaincoe in the red-zone, something I will never understand. Our #1 receiver in week one was Garrett Mills... GET HIM INVOLVED!!!

Listen, you can blame T-Jack, the O-Line, Special Teams, Defense... whatever... I just feel like this team doesn't have faith in the coaching staff or the game plan... the fire is just not there.

Childress is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole with Jackson, and I just don't see it clicking. It ultimately comes down to Chilly putting a winning product on the field, and he has the personnel to do it... he just can't deliver.

As I said last season, if it weren't for two record setting performances by AD, we would have been 6-10 again... Peterson saved his ass.

Is it too much to come out of the gates strong, with aggressive play-calls that catch defenses off guard? This team could easily be 2-0... and the fact that we are losing close games in this fashion, well... that has to rest on the coach.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

viper31 is offline Waterboy

Being a Viking fan since 1975 and having my heart broke year after year...this team
    led by Childress is like watching a train wreck or a pile up at a NASCAR event.
    Everything looks good on paper in most positions...but they cant get things done and BAM! Pile up! When the Patriots can start a QB that started his last game in high school and win an NFL game that tells you a few things.
    1. Coaching is everything
    2. You need coaching to see through the player and find the true talent...and as much as you may like the guy, cut your losses...if the player(s) cant play in your system.

I look at the Vikings this way, they have never had a true franchise QB, since Fran Tarkenton...Kramer, Wilson, Culpeper with a bunch in between were ok, but not true franchise QB...Culpeper was the second most hyped QB ever next to M. Vick...being aQB, is not just having the ability to throw the ball 70 yeards...it's a thinking game...and Culpeper was the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz..."if I only had a brain".

Coaching...It's pretty sad, but since I have been a fan (75) the Vikings should have many championships...instead they have the goose egg (0).
    Bud Grant could get it done (HOF, great coach), Burnsie was a great "friendly coach"...but had talent...couldnt get it done...Green was overrated, Dungy was the mastermind behind him...and now we have Childress..."I will do it my way or die".

Def and a solid QB wins championships...add a strong running game and you are "golden"...but have that structure of a head coach be it...BB in New England or looking back in history to Gibbs, Walsh, Knoll or Landry...they were coaches that players played for, fought for, because they knew the COACH, could pull the trigger or make the correct call.

I hope that the new leadership of the Vikings are foscued on change...I know Zig, is/was a Giants fan...and I hope that eats him up ...that with the right coach and QB, he could be there too...but he has to man up and make the change(s).

"viper31" wrote:
    Being a Viking fan since 1975 and having my heart broke year after year...this team
    led by Childress is like watching a train wreck or a pile up at a NASCAR event.
    Everything looks good on paper in most positions...but they cant get things done and BAM! Pile up! When the Patriots can start a QB that started his last game in high school and win an NFL game that tells you a few things.
    1. Coaching is everything
    2. You need coaching to see through the player and find the true talent...and as much as you may like the guy, cut your losses...if the player(s) cant play in your system.

I look at the Vikings this way, they have never had a true franchise QB, since Fran Tarkenton...Kramer, Wilson, Culpeper with a bunch in between were ok, but not true franchise QB...Culpeper was the second most hyped QB ever next to M. Vick...being aQB, is not just having the ability to throw the ball 70 yeards...it's a thinking game...and Culpeper was the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz..."if I only had a brain".

Coaching...It's pretty sad, but since I have been a fan (75) the Vikings should have many championships...instead they have the goose egg (0).
    Bud Grant could get it done (HOF, great coach), Burnsie was a great "friendly coach"...but had talent...couldnt get it done...Green was overrated, Dungy was the mastermind behind him...and now we have Childress..."I will do it my way or die".

Def and a solid QB wins championships...add a strong running game and you are "golden"...but have that structure of a head coach be it...BB in New England or looking back in history to Gibbs, Walsh, Knoll or Landry...they were coaches that players played for, fought for, because they knew the COACH, could pull the trigger or make the correct call.

I hope that the new leadership of the Vikings are foscued on change...I know Zig, is/was a Giants fan...and I hope that eats him up ...that with the right coach and QB, he could be there too...but he has to man up and make the change(s).
    Beautiful first post.

Stick around man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    CHildress's goals when he became coach.

1) Clean up the teams image - Unsucessful
    2) Make playoffs - So far unsucessful
    3) Improve the defence to match our offense - Improved D but offense took major steps back.

I disagree with number 1.
    I think we have been very successful at that.
    We were the Bengals of the north under Tice, with an undisciplined lockerroom and scandals like the "love boat".
    Since then our image has been completely turned around, with McKinnie being the sole idiot on the team.
    Give props where props are due.

I do agree with the other two point though.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast