Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

14 more games until Childress career as a head coach is over.

I don't think Zygi will fire him before the season is over.
    I think Childress has to big of an ego to resign.
    Reid carried Childress in Philly.
    It is painfully obvious why Childress had no play calling responsibilites as the offensive coordinator in Philly.
    What does a offensive coordinator do when he has no play calling responsibilities?
    No team will ever hire Childress as a head coach again in the NFL after this season.
    His career will be officially over, and not a moment to soon.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 14 more games until Childress career as a head coach is over.

Mt guess is if we don't see a different team next week the pressure will already be intense. To have this talent and start 0-3 would be a hard thing to sell and Wilf does not want empty seats while he is pushing for a new stadium so I would not be surprised to see a decision sooner for that reason but to tell you the truth I don't want to see that happen so I am going to hope that next week is a new beginning and that things start to click on offense and we go an a winning streak.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

If we go into the bye-week winless, Childress could get the axe... but I don't think that's gonna happen.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Guruzen is offline Starter

Conservative offense is good only if it's succesful. Otherwise all you've got is a boring team and the fans get bored.

A vertical offense can still sell tickets even if they don't always win games because there's the excitement factor. Even during our slump 4-5 years ago we still sold tickets because on any given play Moss could explode for a TD. Our defense would lose the game for us but we'd still sell out the game because of our offense.

Now all we have is a snore fest... rather than hoping for TDs, we're praying receivers can hang on to the ball and that we get enough to move the chains, knowing it's just a matter of time before another dropped pass or incompletion. BORING!!!!!

Guruzen is offline Starter

"vikingivan" wrote:
    It is painfully obvious why Childress had no play calling responsibilites as the offensive coordinator in Philly.
    What does a offensive coordinator do when he has no play calling responsibilities?
    No team will ever hire Childress as a head coach again in the NFL after this season.
    AMEN brother... WTF is the point of having an OC if he can't call plays? Obviously Childress was little more than an assistant. And to think, we targeted him as one of the hottest on the market. He's got the right idea... hog the ball, no mistakes and run the clock... but can't execute.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"Guruzen" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    AMEN brother... WTF is the point of having an OC if he can't call plays? Obviously Childress was little more than an assistant. And to think, we targeted him as one of the hottest on the market. He's got the right idea... hog the ball, no mistakes and run the clock... but can't execute.
    He was so hot the Vikings had to hire him before he visited the Packers for an interview.
    If I could only turn back the clock and reschedule his interview with the Packers before he visited the Vikings.
    Then with any luck at all the Packers would have hired him, and instead of the Vikings being 0-5 against the Pack, they would be 5-0.

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is quite rare to fire a HC during the season regardless isn't it?

I do think that Chilly hoped TJack would work out as did we all but the unfortunate fact is he can't make it at this level, if we could get a tried and tested QB in, that he could sit behind for a year or two that might make the difference.

I watched the game yesterday (a rarity in England) and felt absolutely gutted for AP. We can't make him run like that for 16 games or we'll be hoping for another gift in the draft in few years time.

It seems to me we are almost there but missing the final peice of the jigsaw and that peice will be missing all the time Childress and his 5 play mentality is in control of this team.

Skol Vikings
    Purple till i die

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

it still amuses me what bandwagon fans we have on this site... we don't need a QB to play like peyton manning to win... hell TJ played really well for the shitty playcalling... us losing comes down to three things our recievers can't get open, our TE's can't catch, and our coach has about as much sense as a two year old that has been dropped on his head every day of his life... Jackson kept us in the game by himself against the pack, and still looked good yesterday, anyone foolish enough not to see that shouldn't quit their day job and go into analitical work. Jackson is not the problem, Childress is. I'd put money says if our offensive scheme was changed and we had a new head coach y'all would be singing a different tune about Tjack

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

I hope you're right, maybe you see more of his games than I do but what I saw yesterday didn't inspire confidence with his ability to hit the receiver in the numbers and some of his passes were simply woeful. I don't get the hate on Shiancoe I thought he did well to get a half chance at the ball he was thrown.
    Purple till i die

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

That's 14 games too many

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast