Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 13-3, Vikings Win Out!!!!

If you're 13-3 I think it's considered bad manners to fire the coach!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I'll fire tice even if they win the super bowl!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    I'll go out on a limb here:

I don't think it's Tice.

Persoanlly, I think it's the fact that our Former owner (Whom I shall not name) selected Coaching candidates based not upon who would be the best coach in Minnesota, but based upon who would work the cheapest.

Case in point #1: Ted Cottrell. The man took a decent Jet's defense, rode them to the top, then drove them face first into the dirt. As the Viking's DC and Linebackers coach, he has ranked at the bottom of the list since his tenure began...with the most glaring problems (in terms of confusion and missed assignments) occuring at the Linebacker position - the position he spends the MOST time with. If the Linebackers - his personal charge - can't figure out his schemes and are out of position, what does that say for the state of the rest of the "D"?

Case in point #2: Steve Loney. Who? While I was never a big Linehan fan, Loney hasn't shown us bupkis. We are a deep ball team, that's how we're built. Trying to force us to play any other way is foolish...yet that's exactly what he's doing. I don't think that Loney was ready...he was simply there and cheap.

Now, some will argue that Tice himself falls under that classification as well...but there's something about Tice. He's grown each year as a HC, and I now believe that he fits the job. Give him a REAL set of coordinators and assistants and he really COULD take us the distance.

Sure, he makes bad calls from time to time...show me a coach that doesn't. But, for some reason I still feel like he fits the job. So, keep Tice, give him a REAL staff, and watch us go the distance.

Caine
    That's pretty much what I said in another thread. Loney back to the O-line & if Cotrell has to stay demote him. It's the rest of the coaches down the line. The coaches that were hired because they "Would work for food", minimum wage, Mc Donald gift certificates or whatever else the "Red" budget allowed. That's what bothered me the most. No real talent down there, just coaches that would work cheap under the "Red" budget".
    We now have the "Wilf" budget & the sky's pretty much the limit. I expected there would have been coaching changes this year, but by the time Wilf officially owned the team, Linehan was already gone, the coaching staff was already set, & mini training camps had begun. It was too late. What I fail to understand is why a full-time O-Line or OC wasn't hired before the season to keep Loney from doing both jobs. Part time OC & part time O-line coach = part time offense & part time offensive line.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

11 and five easily! i would never root for my team to lose

Go vikes!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Who fire the Head coach after a 13-3 season?
    If I was Tice, I would do a George Costanza and bow out, leave on a high note.

No, that is my point. Does(will) it prove Tice's coaching skills. I think it has to be accompanied by showing he runs the team to a T.

Wilf needs to make a checklist now of what he thinks Tice has to do in order to be coach next year. Otherwise if he would get put into this position, it is to easy to say here is a contract, go get'em Tice.

If I was Wilf, I would pull a Jerry Jones. I wouldn't be vocal, but I would be watching.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

unless we get far in the playoffs this year tice is gone. period.

yay! my 700th post!

Go vikes!!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

congratulations on hitting 700 Lotzapurple!

Thanks Josdin

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

congrats, I'm shooting for 900 tonight, although that's what I've been saying every night for the past 3 days!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i bet i'll hit 900 tomorrow. there should be more to talk about. at least i hope so. good luck WBL

Thanks Josdin

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I did have a dream the other night that we won the rest of our games, who knows it could happen!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast