Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

13-3, Vikings Win Out!!!!

[size=16px]For the sake of argument, just play along[/size]

Hypothetically speaking, let's say we win all remaining games.

Do you get rid of the coaching staff (everyone seems to be calling for heads now)?

Could Ziggy make that decision?

Does a playoff run play a part in the decision?

Or at 13-3, did we just get duped again by a mediocre coach living on the talent of his players?

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: 13-3, Vikings Win Out!!!!

i am not calling for any coaches heads. i have had a hard time putting the blame on our coaching staff, espically on our offense. if we won out i think it'd definately would be hard to get rid of our entire coaching staff. i think we would finally have a full compliment of coaches so our coaches wouldn't be trying to double task which i think is what has really hurt us.

Thanks Josdin

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

I think that IF we were to go out and win the next 13 straight games, Tice would have to get a good share of the credit for it. This is, of course, taking into account the hypothetical nature of this argument, along with the painfully obvious drop in talent due to injuries throughout both sides of the ball.

Personally, I'm giving major kudos to Loney for having the guts to admit he can't handle both jobs and asking for some help...regardless of what happens from here on out.

I would find it hard to believe that we could get rid of Tice if we won out.

But I would feel duped again, going into next season, keeping Tice as the head coach. That is just a gut feeling, it isn't based on much. It was the same feeling I had coming into this season.

Adding two people to the coaching staff, I don't think is enough to help the coaching situation. I hope it will.

I know this is hard to phathom, Tice as Cinderella.

To answer the question, no, we don't get rid of Tice if he wins out. We probably don't get rid of him if he wins a total of 10 games. Atleast, he would finish the season strong for once if that would happen. He must also show that he can prepare the team for must win games.

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    Personally, I'm giving major kudos to Loney for having the guts to admit he can't handle both jobs and asking for some help...regardless of what happens from here on out.
    I do as well think it took guts and it was the best for the team, but he also didn't want to be the scapegoat, he wants to get hired next year.

But, the first step to turning things around is being honest with the situation, which he was, I just wish they would have addressed the lack of staff b4 the season started.

IMO, the coaches were hung out to dry by "The RED Devil."

If we won out and still made an early exit from the playoffs (ie. not making it to the Superbowl) then I think we would still fire the coaching staff. The only way I see Mike Tice and Co getting extensions to their current contracts are if we win the Superbowl. Just my personal opinion though.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Articnv is offline Coach

winning out as i stated ealier only way tice will keep his job is oing to the bowl. Anythign short is medicore coaches getting by on talent. Going 13 - 3 would be going by the extra help Bud Grant, Fazio and cant rember other name being brought in to help. Media will give tice credit as a cindrela oin reality he shouldnt get it.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'll go out on a limb here:

I don't think it's Tice.

Persoanlly, I think it's the fact that our Former owner (Whom I shall not name) selected Coaching candidates based not upon who would be the best coach in Minnesota, but based upon who would work the cheapest.

Case in point #1: Ted Cottrell. The man took a decent Jet's defense, rode them to the top, then drove them face first into the dirt. As the Viking's DC and Linebackers coach, he has ranked at the bottom of the list since his tenure began...with the most glaring problems (in terms of confusion and missed assignments) occuring at the Linebacker position - the position he spends the MOST time with. If the Linebackers - his personal charge - can't figure out his schemes and are out of position, what does that say for the state of the rest of the "D"?

Case in point #2: Steve Loney. Who? While I was never a big Linehan fan, Loney hasn't shown us bupkis. We are a deep ball team, that's how we're built. Trying to force us to play any other way is foolish...yet that's exactly what he's doing. I don't think that Loney was ready...he was simply there and cheap.

Now, some will argue that Tice himself falls under that classification as well...but there's something about Tice. He's grown each year as a HC, and I now believe that he fits the job. Give him a REAL set of coordinators and assistants and he really COULD take us the distance.

Sure, he makes bad calls from time to time...show me a coach that doesn't. But, for some reason I still feel like he fits the job. So, keep Tice, give him a REAL staff, and watch us go the distance.

Caine

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Caine" wrote:
    I'll go out on a limb here

I don't think it's Tice.

Persoanlly, I think it's the fact that our Former owner (Whom I shall not name) selected Coaching candidates based not upon who would be the best coach in Minnesota, but based upon who would work the cheapest.

Case in point #1 Ted Cottrell. The man took a decent Jet's defense, rode them to the top, then drove them face first into the dirt. As the Viking's DC and Linebackers coach, he has ranked at the bottom of the list since his tenure began...with the most glaring problems (in terms of confusion and missed assignments) occuring at the Linebacker position - the position he spends the MOST time with. If the Linebackers - his personal charge - can't figure out his schemes and are out of position, what does that say for the state of the rest of the "D"?

Case in point #2 Steve Loney. Who? While I was never a big Linehan fan, Loney hasn't shown us bupkis. We are a deep ball team, that's how we're built. Trying to force us to play any other way is foolish...yet that's exactly what he's doing. I don't think that Loney was ready...he was simply there and cheap.

Now, some will argue that Tice himself falls under that classification as well...but there's something about Tice. He's grown each year as a HC, and I now believe that he fits the job. Give him a REAL set of coordinators and assistants and he really COULD take us the distance.

Sure, he makes bad calls from time to time...show me a coach that doesn't. But, for some reason I still feel like he fits the job. So, keep Tice, give him a REAL staff, and watch us go the distance.

Caine
    AMEN!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Who fire the Head coach after a 13-3 season?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast