Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12 yards

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 12 yards

Carolina leads the league, giving up around 81 ypg rushing...and the Giants are now right behind them with 87 ypg...I would say that they have a pretty good run defense! No excuse though...we should have had more yards anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

The allegiance to Michael Bennet is something I will never understand. I simply don't get it.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I think Bennett is good when given a decent whole, similar to Hershal Walker, yup I remember the disaster too! He was at his best (look at Dallas and New Jesey generals) when he ran out a of about a five yard to seven yard I formation. Bennett needs to get up to speed.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

It is amazing to me that you guys all seem to think that MM is superman. Barry Sanders woulda got only 20 yards with our line today (in his top form, years ago). MM can't stay healthy, and can't do it by himself. And he ain't no Barry Sanders. Our passing offense got about no yards too. Why? They have a good defense and our line still needs to improve. 6 yards at the half, and MM woulda saved the day? Come on now!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    It is amazing to me that you guys all seem to think that MM is superman. Barry Sanders woulda got only 20 yards with our line today (in his top form, years ago). MM can't stay healthy, and can't do it by himself. And he ain't no Barry Sanders. Our passing offense got about no yards too. Why? They have a good defense and our line still needs to improve. 6 yards at the half, and MM woulda saved the day? Come on now!
    I don't think he would have "saved the day". But I do think he would have done alot better than Bennett did...

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

he had more carries than yards...i agree he is more of change of pace runner to spell anyone who deserves to start.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

This reminds me of the preseason. Bennett does poorly, and everyone says we need MM. Bennett gets hurt, MM does no better starting the next preseason game and its the line. Whatever.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Michael Bennet is not suited for our offense at this point. He tiptoes and falls down at the slightest touch. Michael Bennet was good last week with finesse blocking. When you have guards and centers pulling to the flats and you pitch the ball to Bennet he can be effective...like we did against the lions. I didn't see that today. Meathead was running Bennet off tackle and straight up the middle. Bennet of course fumbles, because he is not a power back and is susceptible to hits. Moore or Fason (from what I've seen) would get the start if I could dictate things. I'll repeat...I just do not get this coaching staffs allegiance to Michael Bennet. But hey I'm not on the coaching staff so what do I know?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    This reminds me of the preseason. Bennett does poorly, and everyone says we need MM. Bennett gets hurt, MM does no better starting the next preseason game and its the line. Whatever.
    The O-Line did a poor job of run blocking, no doubt. But. Stats aside, Bennett was doing way too much dancing around. There were several times I can think of right off the bat where Bennett could have had great gains by just running forward...

bennett gets out performed by memo, and memo didn't get 1 carry .

don't let the lions game fool you , that was complete dominance by the front 5. the DE of the lions were susceptible and we exploited them. but that's what bennett needs is holes that u could crawl through . when it comes to making a move , or shedding a tackle bennett is not ur man.

this game is just a continuation of what bennett has been doing his whole carrier .

2001 - 682 yards rushing on the season
    2002 - 1296 yards rushing (hoooray, bennett is a god)
    2003 - 447 yards rushing on the season
    2004 - 276 yards rushing
    2005 - through 8 games 177 yards rushing

when he's healthy he's the starter (omit a couple games this year), so it's not like he doesn't get any chances like alot of ppl complain about. in 4 years as the feature back bennett has 2701 yards rushing. in the same amount of time s alexander has 5624 yards . and that doesn't count the 1000 he's already goten this year . thats 9 touch downs to 60 , again not including 14 so far this year and 2 in the year before bennett joined the league .

"but bennett got hurt alot in those years where he was ineffective " you might say. that is a very good point , infact i suprised that he's not hurt yet. bennett is a track star not an nfl running back.

if we sign bennett to a huge contract that alexander desrves i'll be pissed. this better be bennett's last year here.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast