NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

12,295 days... This is our year.

When the Vikings open the 2010 season, it will have been 12,295 days...

... since the last time we were in the Super Bowl.
    That streak ends - THIS YEAR.

Remember this thread? http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/2-vikings-fan-forum/795652-when-the-vikings-start-the-2008-season-it-will-have-been-2803-days#795652
    I made a bold prediction about our home playoff absence ending that year, and it did. I feel as confident about this year's prediction as I did then.

The pieces are in place.
    There is no more waiting to the last minute to get used to our new HoF QB.
    There is no more waiting to figure out to run an offense that has weapons on both sides of the ball.
    There is no more waiting for the offensive line to gel.
    There is no more waiting for our WR corp to realize its potential.
    There is no more waiting for the defensive game to even out into a unit that can defend the run AND the pass.
    There is no more waiting.

This is our year.
    Bring on the Saints. We will settle our unfinished business from last year and go storming into the season.
    Bring on the Dolphins. They will be a sacrifice to the tens of thousands of screaming fans who will pack the dome on September 19th to watch us expend our home winning streak.
    Bring on the Packers, the Bears, and the Lions. We will show them why we have owned the NFC North crown for the past two years.
    Bring on the Cowboys, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants, and Eagles. We will leave only carnage in our wake as we sail toward home field advantage in the NFC.
    Bring on the Jets, Patriots, and Bills. They can bring their stories of defeat back to the other AFC teams who will be scared to face us on February 6, 2011.
    Bring on the playoffs.
    Bring on the NFC Championship game AT HOME!
    Bring on the Super Bowl!

This is our year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:12,295 days... This is our year.

It's really hard to get excited, and until the Saints game is over, I won't let myself get too hyped. Well... I say that now, but I know a week or so before the game I'll start the trash talking and getting excited, but for now... it's hard.

But threads like this do help. Thanks
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

+2, Nodak. If I had a spreadsheet, you would be up at the top with this post!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

I love the attitude but getting to the Super Bowl and winning the Super Bowl are two different things.

Please Ego (Favre), please Chilly, prove me wrong. Don't just get to the big dance... Win it all!

Skol!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

All the stars may be alligned now, it's unlikely to remain that way for the next 7 months. There will be bumps in the road.

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Another reason is that itís going to be where I live, in Arlington, TX. Now, I just have to find out who I need to kill to get a ticket!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

ndnorseman wrote:
    +2, Nodak. If I had a spreadsheet, you would be up at the top with this post!
    LOL, well played my friend.

On a side note, he is on the top of all spreadsheets, save one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NodakPaul wrote:
    When the Vikings open the 2010 season, it will have been 12,295 days...

... since the last time we were in the Super Bowl.
    That streak ends - THIS YEAR.

Remember this thread? http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/2-vikings-fan-forum/795652-when-the-vikings-start-the-2008-season-it-will-have-been-2803-days#795652
    I made a bold prediction about our home playoff absence ending that year, and it did. I feel as confident about this year's prediction as I did then.

The pieces are in place.
    There is no more waiting to the last minute to get used to our new HoF QB.
    There is no more waiting to figure out to run an offense that has weapons on both sides of the ball.
    There is no more waiting for the offensive line to gel.
    There is no more waiting for our WR corp to realize its potential.
    There is no more waiting for the defensive game to even out into a unit that can defend the run AND the pass.
    There is no more waiting.

This is our year.
    Bring on the Saints. We will settle our unfinished business from last year and go storming into the season.
    Bring on the Dolphins. They will be a sacrifice to the tens of thousands of screaming fans who will pack the dome on September 19th to watch us expend our home winning streak.
    Bring on the Packers, the Bears, and the Lions. We will show them why we have owned the NFC North crown for the past two years.
    Bring on the Cowboys, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants, and Eagles. We will leave only carnage in our wake as we sail toward home field advantage in the NFC.
    Bring on the Jets, Patriots, and Bills. They can bring their stories of defeat back to the other AFC teams who will be scared to face us on February 6, 2011.
    Bring on the playoffs.
    Bring on the NFC Championship game AT HOME!
    Bring on the Super Bowl!

This is our year.
    Almost sounds as if you believe this TEAM can win it all this year my friend.

If so, thats the spirit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg