Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 10 Vikings with the Most to Prove in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100134
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100132
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1100126
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100123

Tyrell Johnson

Leslie Frazier still seems to have hope for the 4th year player by saying “this is his year. We’re counting on him to have a big year for us and push to be a starter for our football team.” As it stands now Johnson will be headed into 2011 competing with Madieu Williams for the starting Free Safety spot.

Leslie Frazier has made it clear what he expects from Tyrell Johnson now it’s up to him to prove he can deliver in 2011.
    10 Vikings with the Most to Prove in 2011: #7

Makes one wonder why Leslie is backing the kid so hard.
    I'd love to see Tyrell "get it" and come out and steal Madieu's spot. Tyrell is pretty athletic, but seems to have too many breakdowns. Anything to get M-Will off the field, and if that means sticking Tyrell out there, great, as long as he earns it.
    I still say that most of our S issues track back to the front 4. Fix that and guys like Sanford, Tyrell and M-will will be fine for what is asked of them.

Don't fix the front 4 and the S will continue to let us down because we are asking (as we are with our CB's) them to play in a scheme they aren't suited to play in.

In short, the C2 doesn't ask our secondary to be shutdown guys. It asks them to cover a zone and then run to the ball to minimize YAC. Bringing them up into shorter zones or having to cover a zone that isn't theirs cause we are blitzing a LB all the time will be discovered by the O-coord and they will then exploit the secondary which will in turn result in plays were the S is beat cause he is out of position (taking a bad angle) so far even a shutdown guy wouldn't be able to recover.
    Then riddle me this, why is it that Abdullah seems so good?

It's because we're used to seeing such poor performance from our Safeties, that above average play looks incredible.

Using a leage-wide standard, Abdullah played well, but certainly isn't an elite safety by any strech of the imagination. But comparatively, you could not imagine replacing him because thus far he's been the ONLY guy who seems to have figured out the T2 from a safety's perspective on this team.
    He started to shine when the DL started to produce. Besides, he played well, but what did he really do that the others didn't do?

He dropped passes that were right to him as he was standing in his zone atleast twice. I saw him miss tackles, just like the others because of bad angles.

On a side note, now your back to T2. What is it? C2 or T2?:P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: 10 Vikings with the Most to Prove in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1100140

On a side note, now your back to T2. What is it? C2 or T2?:P
    It's based on a cover 2, and we don't run either exclusively. What are you trying to get at?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234