Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Like Childress More Each Season

great post my friend.....like a fine wine....

The vikings get better each passing year under childress

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I have never disliked, but there were times last year that I was going to get impatient waiting for his "plan" to start to come about. What confuses me is how people can say that he is incompetent and has no clue what the hell he is doing but then support TJack. I guess I see that as a contridiction, why contuinue to have faith in a QB if he is competent as a coach? I am in no way trying to ri on TJack.
    But i don't understand the logic of the thinking.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent post my friend.

Items 5 and 6 irked the living dog snot out of me.
    I am still of the mind that rookies, with few exceptions (you AD Crotchsniffers), should ever see the field thier first year unless they are in a ST's role.

Chapped my hinder to watch those kids the last 2 years but now I see the benifits of the "Readers Digest" approach to grooming players.

I have a new beef with him this year though, and it is centered around the new approach of practicing with "No Pads" and "Limited Hitting".

Call me old school but if you aren't hitting or being hit your tackling (poor angles to the ball, improper position before wrapping up) and ball protection skills (fumbles/drops) won't be honed and ready for the season.

Lets hope he isn't getting to soft.
    HC's just shouldn't be anyones pal if you ask me.

Again, excellent post my friend.
    While agree that he has let up on the players a bit, he certainly isn't a "pal" with the players. That was taken care of the first year when he dropped the hammer. But there's a difference between "pals" and being a "friend." You will NEVER see Childress hanging out with players. Leave that up to Tice.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post, COJO. He's growing on me too. And he's funnier than I thought he would be...as long as his players respect him, that's OK.

I know he's learning on the job, but I hope his learning curve is short.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

WildViking3030 is offline Training Camp

Good post.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Great post!

WildViking3030 is offline Training Camp

"Marrdro" wrote:

I am still of the mind that rookies, with few exceptions (you AD Crotchsniffers), should ever see the field thier first year unless they are in a ST's role.

Chapped my hinder to watch those kids the last 2 years but now I see the benifits of the "Readers Digest" approach to grooming players.

I have a new beef with him this year though, and it is centered around the new approach of practicing with "No Pads" and "Limited Hitting".

Call me old school but if you aren't hitting or being hit your tackling (poor angles to the ball, improper position before wrapping up) and ball protection skills (fumbles/drops) won't be honed and ready for the season.

I agree with that (in bold) to a point but you have to take into consideration that it's not like the old days anymore.
    Nowadays NFL players in general (I know there are exceptions) are more movie-star esque as opposed to back in the day where NFL players were more blue-collar types.
    I think that successful coaches need to be able to relate more with their players as opposed to running more of a dictatorship program.
    You do bring up good points though, so don't take this as an attempt by me trying to explain something you don't already know, which I'm sure you do.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"WildViking3030" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I agree with that (in bold) to a point but you have to take into consideration that it's not like the old days anymore.
    Nowadays NFL players in general (I know there are exceptions) are more movie-star esque as opposed to back in the day where NFL players were more blue-collar types.
    I think that successful coaches need to be able to relate more with their players as opposed to running more of a dictatorship program.
    You do bring up good points though, so don't take this as an attempt by me trying to explain something you don't already know, which I'm sure you do.
    Excellent point my friend.

It would suck to be a HC these days.
    I bet my High School Coach is rolling in his grave (not sure if he is dead) over how coaches have to coddle the over price players these days.

By the way, never assume I know something. There are several posters on here that know a hell of alot more than I do.
    In fact, the prime reason I love this site so much is that we have some very good actual football discussions on here and I learn something almost everyday.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

While agree that he has let up on the players a bit, he certainly isn't a "pal" with the players. That was taken care of the first year when he dropped the hammer. But there's a difference between "pals" and being a "friend." You will NEVER see Childress hanging out with players. Leave that up to Tice.
    I hope your right my friend.
    The new Chiller is starting to worry me a bit.

Kindof ironic isn't it when you think about it.
    I am labled as one of the biggest Chiller supporters on here and yet I am the one hacking on him.
    PPO is such a fun place.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dfosterf is offline Coach

In the first game between the Vikes and Pack, AP had what, 12 carries for a 112 yards, yet if my memory serves me correctly, Minn pretty much abandons the run game in 2nd half.
    We (GBP fans) don't get it, but will definitely take it, and attribute it to the Gods and/or Childress.
    Again, my memory fades on this, so please refresh my memory and enlighten me on that decision.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast